Page 15 of 26 [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 1:02 pm

Barchan wrote:
Yes and I do object to the word "involuntary" in this context, because it implies means that celibacy is a condition that was imposed upon you by an outside party without your consent. It means being denied a basic right or privilege that you feel you deserve, and ; even if you don't think that's what it means, that is what it means, and that is definitely what a lot of men (and women) understand the word to mean.

You can describe yourself using any kind of language you want, but if you use a word in a way that's contrary to popular usage, you have to understand that most people will naturally assign the most popular meaning to it, and judge you based on what they think you're trying to communicate. (and yes I get it, autism is a communication disorder, this is a problem a lot of us have)

What a load of bullcrap, go get a serious dictionary and see what "involuntary" mean instead of giving us your biased definition. You are distorting our words to attack them more easily, this is a logical fallacy and a straw man.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 1:26 pm

Involuntarily means not by choice,
So it’s same as saying I’m single not by choice, or I don’t chose to be single.
And there’s lots of reasons not to do with being a creepy repulsive misogynistic douche that people are single not by choice. Has nothing to do with being forced.
It just means one wants to be in a relationship or having sex and they can’t cause no one will be with them. But you want to say that only reason a man wouldn’t be able to get sex or relationship is cause their some monster basically. That’s horrible.
How’d you like it if a man said something similar about women, you’d be pissed and report tinand demand they get banned, you’d call him misogynistic. Well it seems your misandristic, but apparently it’s ok to hate and say offensive things about men here.

Do you think incel women are creepy repulsive misogynistic douches too?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 1:45 pm

I think for involuntary to mean involuntary it would mean looks and personality from 0 to 10, age 18 to 100 without much in the way of exclusion.

If we applied it more broadly or with exclusions outside of physical attraction it would mean that most of the 30-something 'where have all the real men gone' women who got a PhD and can't find a guy who meets the internal checklist would also be an incel. It's not that I'd have a problem applying it all around if everyone was okay with that, just that the use case mentioned might strike useful alarm bells for the guys who want to apply incel to 'women who I'm attracted to won't date me or hook up'.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 2:30 pm

An involuntary unemployed is also an entitled monster *spits* who believes that some external force made him/her so, like you know.....not enough jobs for everyone?

/possessed

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 3:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
An involuntary unemployed is also an entitled monster *spits* who believes that some external force made him/her so, like you know.....not enough jobs for everyone?

/possessed

I actually think it's a lot crueler when a person can't make ends meet financially than when they're caged out of the dating market. If you break your standards on a hook up it might be rough but it doesn't require food stamps or state aid.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 4:31 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Yes and I do object to the word "involuntary" in this context, because it implies means that celibacy is a condition that was imposed upon you by an outside party without your consent. It means being denied a basic right or privilege that you feel you deserve, and ; even if you don't think that's what it means, that is what it means, and that is definitely what a lot of men (and women) understand the word to mean.

You can describe yourself using any kind of language you want, but if you use a word in a way that's contrary to popular usage, you have to understand that most people will naturally assign the most popular meaning to it, and judge you based on what they think you're trying to communicate. (and yes I get it, autism is a communication disorder, this is a problem a lot of us have)

What a load of bullcrap, go get a serious dictionary and see what "involuntary" mean instead of giving us your biased definition. You are distorting our words to attack them more easily, this is a logical fallacy and a straw man.

No, it isn't.

The people who hate women and want to throw acid in our faces call themselves "incels," so that's how we refer to them. If you want to call yourself a nazi because you decide it means something other than a person who hates Jews, fine, but don't clutch your pearls every time the term "nazi" is discussed in a less than positive light.

Maybe the not-sh_tty "incels" should adopt a different moniker rather than jumping in with #notallincels whenever the topic is brought up.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 4:41 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
No, it isn't.

The people who hate women and want to throw acid in our faces call themselves "incels," so that's how we refer to them. If you want to call yourself a nazi because you decide it means something other than a person who hates Jews, fine, but don't clutch your pearls every time the term "nazi" is discussed in a less than positive light.

Maybe the not-sh_tty "incels" should adopt a different moniker rather than jumping in with #notallincels whenever the topic is brought up.

I am not talking about incels, I was talking about the mere words "involuntary celibate" which are pretty neutral unless you associate with it the incel culture. If he only refers it to incels I have no problem with it whatsoever, I don't really like them. I think that many of them aren't even that celibate. I think that a person can say that he is involuntarily celibate, specifying that he is not an incel to avoid misunderstandings. I just hate it when people invent new meanings for a word.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 5:41 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Barchan wrote:

No, it isn't.

Incel is an abbreviation for involuntarily celibate.
So if a group identifies as feminists and goes out and kills people then all feminists will have to stop calling themselves feminists?
Nazi was mad by he Nazis incel wasn’t nearly adopted by some who do violenc that’s the difference. So you all should have to specify incel movement. Just like we have native Americans if some group of them started a movement we’d say that Native American movement is bad we wouldn’t say native Americans are bad. The latter is what’s going on.
The post in question she said the only way someone could be involuntarily celibate is if they a creepy repulsive misogynistic douche. So either your not involuntarily celibate or your a horrible person. That’s super offensive generalization. I’m not celibate by choice so I’m a creepy repulsive misogynistic douche apparently as that’s the only way men wouldn’t be able to have sex. Couldn’t be they don’t meet societies standards and so women won’t sleep with them oh no they monsters.
Mean at this point I might as well go to those sites and join them as I’m being attacked and labele a monster anyways.

How can you as a mod ignore her offensive generalization? If I or boo said something similar about women we’d be banned whys it ok to say offensive stuff about men?

I’ve never thrown acid at anyone more have most involuntarily sigle men. I’m the least violent person here. Do you all feel guilty and haunted by killing a spider ? Or a cricket you accidentally killed two years ago?
But I’m just a creepy repulsive misogynistic douche.

News flash I’m ugly, slightly fat and don’t have my life together that’s why I’m involuntarily celibate.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 5:44 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

No, it isn't.

This. I agree So much with this. I bolded the last line for emphasis.

If we agree to the premise that there are "bad incels" and "good incels", then I guess it's hard to talk about the incel problem without hurting the feelings of people who don't necessarily deserve it. To which I feel it necessary to ask two questions; why is the word "incel" so important to their identity that they can't just call themselves something else? Secondly why do these "good incels" think their feelings are more important than women's rights? After all, women are used to being told that our rights are less important than men's feelings, and that's one of the big problems we are trying to fight. If it's not possible to discuss misogyny and gender-based violence without hurting some men's feelings, then we have to be willing to hurt some feelings. And, sorry Peacesells but if you can't understand that, then I wouldn't say you're one of the "good incels."

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 5:48 pm

Peacesells wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
No, it isn't.

I am not talking about incels, I was talking about the mere words "involuntary celibate" which are pretty neutral unless you associate with it the incel culture. If he only refers it to incels I have no problem with it whatsoever, I don't really like them. I think that many of them aren't even that celibate. I think that a person can say that he is involuntarily celibate, specifying that he is not an incel to avoid misunderstandings. I just hate it when people invent new meanings for a word.

Incel just a abbreviation. We Americans abbreviate everything. That’s it
The incel movement is a group of uncles who are violent towards women apparently(I haven’t been to their sites)

Take feminist
Most Feminist probably aren’t all that bad
The feminist movement is crazy and extreme.

Most poor people aren’t bad
The 99% movement is kinda bad
But I’m one of the 99% as im not a billionaire.
So if you just said the 99% are horrible people it’s not clear your talking about the organization or movement vs talking about anyone who meets that definition. Most people aren’t billionaires.

I’m sure there’s some poverty movement who has violent goals, wanting to kill all wealthy and such
You can’t say poor people are horrible b cause a group of poor people are horrible.

As you see her post address all involuntary celibate men and days they have to be horrible people as that’s the only way they’d not be able to get sex or relationships

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 5:54 pm

Barchan wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

No, it isn't.

If we agree to the premise that there are "bad incels" and "good incels", then I guess it's hard to talk about the incel problem without hurting the feelings of people who don't necessarily deserve it. To which I feel it necessary to ask two questions; why is the word "incel" so important to their identity that they can't just call themselves something else? Secondly why do these "good incels" think their feelings are more important than women's rights? After all, women are used to being told that our rights are less important than men's feelings, and that's one of the big problems we are trying to fight. If it's not possible to discuss misogyny and gender-based violence without hurting some men's feelings, then we have to be willing to hurt some feelings. And, sorry Peacesells but if you can't understand that, then I wouldn't say you're one of the "good incels."

What the f*****g hell are you talking about now? Good incels and bad incels? Now I hate women's rights? What the f**k? You, be careful of what you are accusing me of, I will not put up with this s**t.
I say let them have their sh***y "incel" moniker, but saying things like "involuntarily celibate people are creeps" really has a different ring to my ear and I don't like it. While "incel" has come to describe their movement, "involuntarily celibate" is just two English words that could very well describe any guy who can't get into a relationship, even if he has no idea what these idiots ramble about.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 6:02 pm

Barchan wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

No, it isn't.

This is why people are upset with you

“I don't believe it's possible to be "involuntarily" celibate. Being a creepy repulsive misogynistic douche is totally voluntary. ”

Where do you clearify the incel movement?
Seems you just saying either youll able to get sex and relationships or you’re a horrible person

Will feminists stop usIg feminist then?
Will you? You need to distance yourself from the extremist feminists by stop calling yourself and identifying with feminists.

Why can’t you just say incel movement?
Is that’s so hard?
Cause it’s an abbreviation for involuntarily celibate which is not an identity one just choose.

The rest of you’re post is just trying To shut us up by making us feel guilty for stuff we have no part of. I don’t do white or male guilt sorry.

Last edited by sly279 on 20 Jun 2018, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 6:04 pm

She’s attacking a group of people not a political movement and it’s a rule not to do that.

That’s why threads or posts attacking feminists instead of feminism or individual feminists gets warned or removed ,whys it ok for her to breach the rules?

The person who made the thread is talking about incel terrorism which is a group
Not about incels

Just like Muslim terrorist thread it’d be wrong to say bad stuff about Muslims

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 1:20 am

An autistic person is an entitled monster *spit* for having no to very few friends because they believe to be alone due to ....an external force, like you know ...autism?

/possessed

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 3:23 am

sly279 wrote:
She’s attacking a group of people not a political movement and it’s a rule not to do that.

That’s why threads or posts attacking feminists instead of feminism or individual feminists gets warned or removed ,whys it ok for her to breach the rules?

The person who made the thread is talking about incel terrorism which is a group
Not about incels

Just like Muslim terrorist thread it’d be wrong to say bad stuff about Muslims

Not much on topic but that's....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 7:32 am

Barchan wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

No, it isn't.

So I guess Muslims need to stop calling themselves Muslims because of the actions of Muslim terrorists then.