Kraichgauer wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel1 wrote:
The problem isn't Trump, the fault lies with the Big Government politicians who have created this morass due to their chickens&!t refusal to enact a cohesive, sensible immigration policy. This nonsense has been going on for far longer than Trump has been in politics. Be fair.

Trump chose to make a show of his zero tolerance border policy at the expense of these children in a way that no one else has.

It's funny cause a lot of these pics of caged children being shown were actually from 2014. But I guess that back then it was "kindhearted".

In fact, plenty of Democrats had criticized Obama for that. But even back then, the population of caged children was nowhere near what it quickly became under Trump.

It's cause he stops much more immigrants. And anyway I remember no outrage back then, guess that it was ok after all? So hypocritical.

Not only was there not as many children rounded up under Obama as under Trump, but Obama had never been motivated by appealing to a racist base.

Lmao, it thought it was about not putting kids into cages rather than putting less kids into cages. Let's all protest together so Trump puts less kids into cages and make them sleep on the floor too!
Pathetic.

By the way it is not racist to be against illegal immigration.

It is racist if one specific group of desperate people are made out to be all criminals. That is pathetic.
Besides, those illegal immigrants and their children will one day be Americans.

Not our fault most illegals are from Mexico and sout America, if millions of Europeans, Canadians or Asians were illegally flood By across the border we’d be demanding they get deported two.
FYI South Americans aren’t the same race as Mexicans.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 6:56 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel1 wrote:
The problem isn't Trump, the fault lies with the Big Government politicians who have created this morass due to their chickens&!t refusal to enact a cohesive, sensible immigration policy. This nonsense has been going on for far longer than Trump has been in politics. Be fair.

Trump chose to make a show of his zero tolerance border policy at the expense of these children in a way that no one else has.

It's funny cause a lot of these pics of caged children being shown were actually from 2014. But I guess that back then it was "kindhearted".

In fact, plenty of Democrats had criticized Obama for that. But even back then, the population of caged children was nowhere near what it quickly became under Trump.

It's cause he stops much more immigrants. And anyway I remember no outrage back then, guess that it was ok after all? So hypocritical.

Not only was there not as many children rounded up under Obama as under Trump, but Obama had never been motivated by appealing to a racist base.

Lmao, it thought it was about not putting kids into cages rather than putting less kids into cages. Let's all protest together so Trump puts less kids into cages and make them sleep on the floor too!
Pathetic.

By the way it is not racist to be against illegal immigration.

It is racist if one specific group of desperate people are made out to be all criminals. That is pathetic.
Besides, those illegal immigrants and their children will one day be Americans.

Not our fault most illegals are from Mexico and sout America, if millions of Europeans, Canadians or Asians were illegally flood By across the border we’d be demanding they get deported two.
FYI South Americans aren’t the same race as Mexicans.

But the reality is its not millions of Mexicans and South Americans 'flooding' across the border...that is an exaggeration.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 7:08 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump did call most illegals from Mexico rapists, drug dealers, and killers.

Give me the quote and let me see it then, then I might agree with you. Illegal immigration is a crime but committing a crime doesn't mean that you are guilty of another crime too.
Quote:
No, given a chance at amnesty, they will be citizens, as were previous waves of illegals.

I hope not, I find it extremely stupid and a reward for breaking the law. But it's not my country so it's not my call.
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Precisely. He only said “maybe some” weren’t. To Trump most are “vermin” “infesting” America which matches up with his white supremacy beliefs.

"Maybe some" means that most are, I only approve such statements if backed up by reliable statistics otherwise it may indicate a prejudice.

When Trump first declared he was a candidate, and pulled that tacky stunt of coming down the escalator at Trump Tower. In his opening speech, he said of illegal immigrants from Mexico: "Thy're rapists, they're bringing drugs, and some of them I assume are good people."

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 7:48 pm

Every country should have zero tolerance to illegal immigration! Trump again is just carrying out policies that he was voted in for. I have never seen such propaganda in my life.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 7:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
(1) Every country should have zero tolerance to illegal immigration! (2) Trump again is just carrying out policies that he was voted in for. (3) I have never seen such propaganda in my life.

(1) That is your view.
(2) The majority of the country didn't elect Trump, he lost the popular vote by a landslide. Reason? Most people detest his policies and who he is as a human being.
(3) I've never seen as openly bigoted a "President" in my life nor have many, many others who vilely attacks most of the people in this country (most of the people in the U.S. aren't white/straight/cis/non-immigrant/non-disabled/Christians - largely attacking most of the people in the country will (and has) obviously turned most of the U.S. against him). Nixon comes close, but even with Nixon his bigotry largely wasn't made public, it only largely became public when his secret tapes were released.

Since you likely meant "the media is making people hate Trump." Nope, humanity is making people hate Trump. Trump's own words and actions are making people hate Trump. The media is just a part of the overall consensus on what Trump is.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:14 pm

There is not a popular vote system in the US. That is a good thing. Trump won the election because people are sick of the kind of politics Hillary Clinton was projecting.

You are getting hysterical about Trump enforcing the law. This will just help Trump win again and I will laugh so hard as I have now run out of sympathy with the new left.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:18 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Every country should have zero tolerance to illegal immigration! Trump again is just carrying out policies that he was voted in for. I have never seen such propaganda in my life.

He was voted in to mass separate children from their families, and imprison undocumented immigrants in our prison system?

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:21 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
(1)There is not a popular vote system in the US. That is a good thing. (2)Trump won the election because people are sick of the kind of politics Hillary Clinton was projecting.

(3)You are getting hysterical about Trump enforcing the law. (4) This will just help Trump win again and I will laugh so hard as I have now run out of sympathy with the new left.

(1) It's only a good thing for you because it turned out in Trump's favor this time.
(2) "The people" - that's statistics, if "the people" wanted someone like Trump: he would have won the popular vote since that's literally the vote of "the people." The people who support Trump come from certain counties and aren't even close to being the majority of even half of the country. Which, thank god. Statistics.
(3) The law: women can't vote, racial segregation, throwing lgbtq in prison, so on and so forth. Nazis who put Jews in concentration camps were just following Hitler's "laws" as well.
(4) The right always issue this threat as if it will somehow silence people and stop the condemnation. We're not scared of Trump supporters and we never will be.

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 22 Jun 2018, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:22 pm

The corporate media tried to influence the election against him. A family member of mine who watches a lot of news said "he's a w*nker" when we were talking about the election. I showed them an hour video of Hillary Clinton with all her sick, evil crimes and her pathological endless lying. That family member then went to the position of being pretty neutral and saying how crazy it was about Clinton. If the news was fair and reasonable Trump would have won in a landslide. If the news was fair and reasonable during the primaries, neither one would have been a candidate.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:23 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

He was voted in to mass separate children from their families, and imprison undocumented immigrants in our prison system?

It is not Trump that is doing that. The parents know the law. They know if they try to enter illegally they cannot be kept together under the current law.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:27 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It is not Trump that is doing that. The parents know the law. They know if they try to enter illegally they cannot be kept together under the current law.

It's not a law, it's a policy.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:27 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
If the news was fair and reasonable Trump would have won in a landslide.

Ladies and gents, I present to you the "echo chamber."

All I see is a vast amount of endless conspiracy theories.

As said, most of the country isn't white/straight/cis/non-immigrant/non-disabled/Christians. Trump and his sycophants continually attack everyone who is "the other" - so why on God's green earth would minorities vote for their abuser/s?
Minorities aren't incapable of thinking for ourselves, contrary to what Trump supporters would love to believe. Unsurprisingly - the people Trump did win over were basically only white/straight/cis/non-immigrant/non-disabled/Christians (not that all in these groups are bad, far from it - it just shows that Trump turned most minorities against him and he only has his words and actions to blame for that). I know, I know you'll scream "fake news" - it's literally all Trump supporters have.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:29 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
... I thought you were British, for some reason... if you’re not British, how are you impacted by Brexit? (Might be an unbelievably stupid question)

Also, I’m naturally “condescending” in my default form... in other words it’s how I come off without always being that way... I don’t see you as a freak awaiting trial, I see you as someone in another country thus I doubt you get as much information on Trump and what he does as those living in the states, which would only be natural - as said, I know next to nothing about Brexit other than the basics since that news rarely travels over here.

Odd, my location is public. :? I don't really care about Brexit and I think it's very legitimate to dislike the EU.
For the record I don't like Trump, that bastard wants to force us to lower our food standards and kisses Saudi asses. He also, like the Democrats, is an imperialist.
Kraichgauer wrote:
When Trump first declared he was a candidate, and pulled that tacky stunt of coming down the escalator at Trump Tower. In his opening speech, he said of illegal immigrants from Mexico: "Thy're rapists, they're bringing drugs, and some of them I assume are good people."

Your quote lacks a lot of context though so I can't judge much from it. :?
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
(1) That is your view.

It's not his view, it's how it should be. You either make lax laws about immigration or you don't, it makes no sense to have well defined laws and disregard them, it would just make you look like a joke. Laws are a serious thing.
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Since you likely meant "the media is making people hate Trump." Nope, humanity is making people hate Trump. Trump's own words and actions are making people hate Trump. The media is just a part of the overall consensus on what Trump is.

Do you seriously have such an idealistic and positive opinion of the media?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:31 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
(1)There is not a popular vote system in the US. That is a good thing. (2)Trump won the election because people are sick of the kind of politics Hillary Clinton was projecting.

(3)You are getting hysterical about Trump enforcing the law. (4) This will just help Trump win again and I will laugh so hard as I have now run out of sympathy with the new left.

(1) It's only a good thing for you because it turned out in Trump's favor this time.
(2) "The people" - that's statistics, if "the people" wanted someone like Trump: he would have won the popular vote since that's literally the vote of "the people." The people who support Trump come from certain counties and aren't even close to being the majority of even half of the country. Which, thank god. Statistics.
(3) The law: women can't vote, racial segregation, throwing lgbtq in prison, so on and so forth. Nazis who put Jews in concentration camps were just following Hitler's "laws" as well.
(4) The right always issue this threat as if it will somehow silence people and stop the condemnation. We're not scared of Trump supporters and we never will be.

Na. It is a good thing because it stops states like California changing the election. No one complained about the system before Clinton lost.

Normal people are getting sicker each day with the new left's hysteria.

What the hell are you talking about? You cannot just suddenly teleport yourself back 100 years or into Nazi Germany to win an argument.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:32 pm

No PeaceSells, wanting "zero tolerance" is a political viewpoint that you agree with. Just because you agree with it does not make it the way "it should be." Some people want it that way, other people don't want it that way. It's subjective, it isn't a fact.

I don't have an idealistic and positive view of the media due to what they did to Bernie.

However, Trump supporters yelling and screaming "fake news" every single time something negative about Trump is put out there? Yeah, that's obvious extremism.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 8:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It's not a law, it's a policy.

Nope. It is the law. It is not policy, It is the law. Children cannot be with their parents when they are charged for BREAKING THE LAW.