Page 8 of 14 [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 12:12 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I say you should give it time before he and his followers start locking up people in concentration camps while he sends aid to his buddy Vladmir Putin to conquer all of Europe.

Even if that horrific scenario occurs locking people up is not the same as systematically killing all of them like Hitler did. It is a very bad thing that Hitler comparisons have become normalized. It has become reflexive to describe any political thing one finds scary as neo nazis. It trivializes how bad the Nazis were and muddles the real danger of what is being compared to the Nazis.

I think you should give it time before the worst case scenarios do not happen.

Getting back on topic the best way to avoid the worst case scenarios is for Trump to lose.

I decided to reply to this thread because I felt the premise of this thread was way too optimistic. I still feel that way. While I am still pessimistic I do not feel this is hopeless. We know the main problem for Biden is that the public thinks he is too senile to be President. With dementia it’s off and on. People if they are concentrating can be coherent. Take the State of The Union message. There was evidence of senility he mumbled at times, he got things wrong. What did not happen is what a lot of people expected. He did not just stop in the middle and pee his pants and stare into space. Unlike other times after the speech he knew where to go. With the trolling back and forth with Republicans he did more then fine. About the mumbling, the man is a lifelong stutterer. In my amateur opinion he is mildly senile or maybe the mild end of moderately senile. One thing that slows down cognitive decline is a purpose in life. The man’s purpose in life is to prevent Trump from being reelected. He has discussed this for years.

The above while reasons the situation is not hopeless is far, far from optimal. That is mitigated by the bar being set very low. In my amateur opinion Trump has not been mentally well for years now. The legal pressures have made this worse. Maddeningly none of this has had any effect on his popularity whatsoever. Even me has a hard time believing a complete breakdown in public would have no effect. That happening is not out of the question.

The OP’s main premise that a conviction before the election would doom his chances. That was not based on thin air but reputable polling. Since the thread was opened that premise has become shaky to the angst of many. It looks like Trump has been having success in running out the clock with Jack Smith’s cases. In addition seemingly everybody taking classified documents has weakened the political effect of what is considered the strongest legal case. Similar political mitigation with Fanni Willis unprofessional behavior in the fake electors case. That leaves us with the Stormy Daniels Hush Money case which is considered the weakest both legally and politically. But it is also a case that we will probably have a decision before and it will be decided by a blue state jury. A criminal conviction seems more then plausable.

It is what it is.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 10 Mar 2024, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 12:18 pm

So basically by your logic nobody else in the world could ever possibly hope to compare to Hitler because... Hitler was somehow special?

:roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 12:26 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
So basically by your logic nobody else in the world could ever possibly hope to compare to Hitler because... Hitler was somehow special?

:roll:

Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot while not the same are reasonable comparisons.

Netanyahu is arguably a current valid comparison to Trump in that both men are completely in it for themselves, both are trying to gain in Trump’s case, to keep in Netanyahu's case power to avoid prison. Both are more then willing to enable authoritarian and ethnic cleansing supporters in their coalitions. Netanyahu by no means has the cult of personality Trump has, Trump by no means is as book smart as Netanyahu.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 1:08 pm

I watched a David Pakman interview with some psychiatrist that said that trump has obvious signs of dementia and biden has signs of an aging brain, not dementia, and he defined and differentiated between the two.

Hmm, so it's only AFTER genocide that someone can be compared to hitler but not when they plagiarize hitler's speeches and hire literal neo nazi's and their sympathizers into their administration? No comparisons are allowed until After they reach the level of killing Millions of people.. but not when their words and actions are all, literally, comparable to what hitler said and did leading up to the holocaust? :? :roll:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 3:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I watched a David Pakman interview with some psychiatrist that said that trump has obvious signs of dementia and biden has signs of an aging brain, not dementia, and he defined and differentiated between the two.

Hmm, so it's only AFTER genocide that someone can be compared to hitler but not when they plagiarize hitler's speeches and hire literal neo nazi's and their sympathizers into their administration? No comparisons are allowed until After they reach the level of killing Millions of people.. but not when their words and actions are all, literally, comparable to what hitler said and did leading up to the holocaust? :? :roll:

I very much agree with you on all those points. Trump raises all the red Nazi flags (literally! He's got fricken neo-nazis in his corner!) and these thinga are only getting worst as the years go by...

I think at this point anyone who makes excuses in the face of his many threats and dangerous promises is in serious denial. :?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 4:33 pm

I still think people way overuse Nazi comparisons and that despite similarities Trump is a different person with different motivations then Adolf Hitler. I am not against all Nazi comparisons. After all I did it myself.

From my OP
“I know, I have railed against this here for years. I started a thread about it.

The anti-trans backlash does remind me of Germany in 1933. While not the Nuremberg Laws the anti trans laws are trying to separate transgender people from society. The continuing intense incitement is reminiscent of the Nazis. No, this is not the Nuremberg Laws or Kristallnacht for now, but unlike the things mentioned in that original thread it is not people disagreeing with government policy, these are government laws and officials doing the inciting. This is metastasizing, it is going to get violent and deadly fast.”

If you notice I was very specific of what it was I was making comparisons to and what I was not. Even so the last sentence was hyperbole. In that last sentence I was not referencing concentration camps but hate crimes. While situation with government incitement, laws, and hate crimes is still pretty bad we are not the much worse place that I predicted.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 6:57 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I say you should give it time before he and his followers start locking up people in concentration camps while he sends aid to his buddy Vladmir Putin to conquer all of Europe.

Auugh...hope you are wrong about this type of stuff or most it. Its scarey. 8O These people in Power have enough stuff built into tunnel systems and bunkers, that they would be the only ones to come out smelling like a Rose after a nuclear Planetary devasttion of most any kind . If it ever gets so bad :skull: , that the survivors.Need to turn to cannabalism.
That Trump and all his like are the main dish ( guest of Honour) at a barbeque banquet by the survivors .
(based on all available information given at this time)

where ever you go ,there you are

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:57 am

Trump says that there will be a bloodbath if he does not win.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-b ... 17568.html

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 9:04 am

^Some people have been misled.

belijojo wrote:
Trump holds local protectionism on the issue of the impact of the auto industry by other countries.
Why does this newspaper say they don't understand?Is it a cover-up of the problem?

edit:Oh! I see! The headline looks like Trump is threatening a massacre.How calculative Biden's team is.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 10:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_kHemnEeY

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 11:42 am

One of the biggest reasons I see as to why Trump shouldn't win is because he's an asset for the Russians trying to take over Europe. Trump wouldn't just ruin his own country, he also poses a danger to Europe with his threats against NATO.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 4:36 pm

Honey69 wrote:
Trump says that there will be a bloodbath if he does not win.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-b ... 17568.html

Meanwhile, Tesla is also building a massive factory in Mexico right now.. I know because a friends father is one of the architects. It’s likely not a secret project or anything I just haven’t read automotive news to read about.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 4:38 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
One of the biggest reasons I see as to why Trump shouldn't win is because he's an asset for the Russians trying to take over Europe. Trump wouldn't just ruin his own country, he also poses a danger to Europe with his threats against NATO.

Yep. But trumplestiltskin has his cult members all wound up looking out for Americans Only so those that would vote for trump wouldn’t give a flying f**k if it results in destabilizing other countries.

I still don’t think he will have the votes; only his hardcore base. I think even just on the issue of abortion people will vote against republicans when it comes down to it. They might Say they support trump because they live in trump country, but at the voting booth they’ll vote for what’s best for them personally. Usually this means for their wallet, but this time around could be about reproductive choice freedoms.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 5:34 pm

Most of his followers, and probably most Americans, wouldn't be able to find Russia on a map, let alone Ukraine.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 5:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfL9NlOtj5I

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 5:45 pm

Honey69 wrote:
Most of his followers, and probably most Americans, wouldn't be able to find Russia on a map, let alone Ukraine.

I'm an American. Russia wouldn't happen to be the huge country north of China and right of Ukraine that says "Russia" in big letters, now would it? :roll: