Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

29 Jan 2008, 3:46 am

Do you think he will be assisinated if he became president? Why or why not?

Don't get me wrong, I have been told this by a few people that he will be, so I am wondering what everyone on here thinks.

aaronrey
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2008, 4:10 am

some white supremacists might try

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 4:43 am

Nah, cause the backlash would put another black/islamic in the oval office.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 4:55 am

How would his assassination be different than if Hillary or McCain were assassinated?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 5:38 am

I don't get it - why would anyone assume that? Because he's being endorsed by Caroline and Ted Kennedy? Because he's black?

He's not much ideologically different than Kerry/ Edwards, the popular Dems of 04. Someone progressive like Kucinich would've been in far more danger than any of the current candidates.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 9:04 am

Fuzzy wrote:

Obama isn't a Muslim.

The_Q
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2008, 9:29 am

Odin wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

Obama isn't a Muslim.

Indeed. As I've said before, Obama's opponents are presenting him as Muslim due to the fact that he spent some time in Indonesia when he was a kid. From what I can tell, he is not Muslim. If anything, he is an atheist/agnostic who is putting on a Christian act in order to popularity. It would be an understandable move considering the current situation in the United Sates.

I can see a possibility of white supremacists attempting an assassination. There are some pretty screwed up and downright deplorable people in the Deep South.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 10:22 am

Fuzzy wrote:

Except that Barack is Christian.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 11:06 am

If he did something to really piss them off, yes.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 10:09 pm

It would be a good possibility some white supremacist as*hole would try to assassinate him..... I do not support Obama, but I have no problem with him being black.... If a suitable black candidate was running and he was a better option than the other runners then I'd support him. I just don't agree with Obama, for one he is pro Iraq war, pro patriot act, anti-2nd amendment, just another NWO stooge.... Most of our politicians are, with the possible exceptions of Kucinich and Ron Paul.
If Obama does get elected and some white supremacist tries to assassinate him, it'd likely be used to kick off a race war.......... Sad, because race should be a non-factor, but people will either 1. hate him because he's black or 2. they'll put him on a pedistal and call anyone who criticizes him "racist" because he's black..... I think it's racist to let race be a factor, one way or the other.
I think Obama is a dishonest, greedy, deceptive human being, not because he's black, but because he's a career politician.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 10:33 pm

I strongly doubt it.

But then I do live in one of the civilized parts of this fair nation. :P What do I know of The South. 8O

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 10:40 pm

twoshots wrote:
I strongly doubt it.

But then I do live in one of the civilized parts of this fair nation. :P What do I know of The South. 8O

You under-estimate the stupidity and ignorance of red necks, I've grown up around them, they can be some very stubborn, ignorant, stupid, violent, drunken idiots, believe me.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 11:27 pm

Oh, I didnt know that he is NOT muslim. I am Canadian. I guess propaganda to paint him as muslim is partially successful.

A lot of Canadians, myself included, would love to see him as president. That or a lady President, but Hilliary just doesnt appeal!

The_Q
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jan 2008, 8:40 am

monty wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

Except that Barack is Christian.

I'm not totally sure that he is. He comes from a non-religious background. Assuming that he is non-religious himself, he probably has decided to put on an act as publicly being an atheist or an agnostic is not a particularly good idea if you want to get into politics in the U.S.A.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 8:56 am

The_Q wrote:
Odin wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

Obama isn't a Muslim.

Indeed. As I've said before, Obama's opponents are presenting him as Muslim due to the fact that he spent some time in Indonesia when he was a kid. From what I can tell, he is not Muslim. If anything, he is an atheist/agnostic who is putting on a Christian act in order to popularity. It would be an understandable move considering the current situation in the United Sates.

I can see a possibility of white supremacists attempting an assassination. There are some pretty screwed up and downright deplorable people in the Deep South.

He seems to be a pretty sincere Christian to me.

The_Q
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jan 2008, 9:13 am

Odin wrote:
The_Q wrote:
Odin wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

Obama isn't a Muslim.

He seems to be a pretty sincere Christian to me.

That might mean that he's a good actor. Although my wording could give a different impression, I'm not trying to say that he isn't Christian, just that there's a possibility he's not. It really shouldn't matter anyway.

let's assume for moment that Obama is indeed a Muslim. If the majority of American's wouldn't vote for him on that alone, that's pretty terrible.