California overturned gay-marriage ban today!

Page 2 of 27 [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:39 pm

slowmutant wrote:
The Church doesn't have to bend over for gays. And I don't want to see it bend over. Why don't the gays have their own churches and stop trying to push their buggery on heterosexual churchgoers?

they're not. they either get married at a church that's gay-friendly or have a secular marriage without any church at all.

it has nothing to do with the f*****g church. only the church goers are bitching about it because it's their religious right to be a bunch of biggotted c***s for no other reason than their imaginary friend who hates fags.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:42 pm

slowmutant wrote:
The Church doesn't have to bend over for gays. And I don't want to see it bend over. Why don't the gays have their own churches and stop trying to push their buggery on heterosexual churchgoers?

They can and to some extent they already are getting their own churches as certain religious groups do not have a stigma for homosexuality. Frankly, I agree nobody should push buggery on anyone.

Kalister1 wrote:
While we're at it, why don't the blacks and mexicans have their own churches?! :roll:

They already do to some extent and there is even a black theology in existence in more radical groups. To be honest, I would advise them not to go to a church with racial doctrines just like I would not advise a person who practices homosexuality to go into a conservative Christian church. Like, honestly, why can't any group have a church based upon their preferences? Other churches may not accept it, but still the liberty that exists should allow for people to pursue their own diverse ideas in freedom.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:46 pm

Goodbye America :cry:

And Awesomlyglorious, there's a Gay and Lesbian church in my city. It looks more like an organization in a suite though. I used to work around the area. I can't forget the mean looking lady in an El Camino, or the flamboyant male in his Celica listening to techno.

Stereotypes? Where?!??

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:48 pm

I wasn't aware California had a gay-marriage ban. I was under the impression that Cal was about as liberal as you could get in the USA.

Here in Ohio, we passed a constitutional amendment whereby we not only banned gay marriages, but also refuse to recognize as valid gay marriages performed in other states. Completely against the privileges and immunities clause in Article 4, but no one's challenged it yet.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:49 pm

Orwell wrote:
I wasn't aware California had a gay-marriage ban. I was under the impression that Cal was about as liberal as you could get in the USA.

Here in Ohio, we passed a constitutional amendment whereby we not only banned gay marriages, but also refuse to recognize as valid gay marriages performed in other states. Completely against the privileges and immunities clause in Article 4, but no one's challenged it yet.

It was banned but not constitutionally.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:49 pm

Quote:
it has nothing to do with the f***ing church. only the church goers are bitching about it because it's their religious right to be a bunch of biggotted c***s for no other reason than their imaginary friend who hates fags.

Eloquent as always. That's why we love you, skafather. Who else would point out the bigotted c***s and fag-hating imginary frends?

:heart:

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:53 pm

oscuria wrote:
Orwell wrote:

No, the ban was written in to an amendment to the Ohio state constitution. If you're referring to it not being constitutional because of being inconsistent with the federal constitution, I agree.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:56 pm

Orwell wrote:
oscuria wrote:
Orwell wrote:

No, the ban was written in to an amendment to the Ohio state constitution. If you're referring to it not being constitutional because of being inconsistent with the federal constitution, I agree.

I actually had in mind California. But if you agree with me then it's all good. :D

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:58 pm

oscuria wrote:
I actually had in mind California. But if you agree with me then it's all good. :D

Oh, referring to the California ban. I'm still very surprised to hear that California would ever have banned gay marriage. How did that even come about?

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:59 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Why don't the gays have their own churches and stop trying to push their buggery on heterosexual churchgoers?

Point well taken - we should leave the buggery to the preachers and priests, especially since they don't audaciously demand to be "married as partners in the eyes of God" to those kids they are buggering. :lol:

Oh, wait - that's not funny; that's tragic, I forgot! :cry:

Did you forget, too?

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:06 pm

Orwell wrote:
oscuria wrote:

Oh, referring to the California ban. I'm still very surprised to hear that California would ever have banned gay marriage. How did that even come about?

People voted for it...right? :shrug:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:07 pm

Yes, it is tragic. Gays have no social conscience, is that it? Being a repulsive human being won't help your cause.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:10 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Yes, it is tragic. Gays have no social conscience, is that it? Being a repulsive human being won't help your cause.

:lol:

You're a piece of s**t.

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:44 pm

slowmutant wrote:

*Whoosh* - that just sailed right over your head!

Gay people who marry each other are not the problem - they just want to be with each other in loving relationships.

'Heterosexual' Men of God are performing buggery on the innocents, and they are your holy men - so when you do bend over, make sure you aren't in your church when you do it. :lol: Don't they bother you at all, or is it OK because Jesus forgives them for straying from the path?

Gay people aren't the ones you have to watch out for, and that won't be apparent to you until one of your hetero spiritual leaders pokes you in your tail with a thing that isn't a stick. :wink:

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:57 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Gay people who marry each other are not the problem - they just want to be with each other in loving relationships.

'Heterosexual' Men of God are performing buggery on the innocents, and they are your holy men - so when you do bend over, make sure you aren't in your church when you do it. :lol: Don't they bother you at all, or is it OK because Jesus forgives them for straying from the path?

Gay people aren't the ones you have to watch out for, and that won't be apparent to you until one of your hetero spiritual leaders pokes you in your tail with a thing that isn't a stick. :wink:

I am sure Jesus would have accepted homosexuals, but not the fact that they are committing homosexual acts. He forgave the prostitute but told her not to sin anymore. He would forgive a man who committed such acts, but would tell him to not sin anymore. I don't see how this implies that homosexuals get a free pass to do what they want. :shrug:

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 11:02 pm

oscuria wrote:
CityAsylum wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I am sure Jesus would have accepted homosexuals, but not the fact that they are committing homosexual acts. He forgave the prostitute but told her not to sin anymore. He would forgive a man who committed such acts, but would tell him to not sin anymore. I don't see how this implies that homosexuals get a free pass to do what they want. :shrug:

I don't see how sticking your penis into a different hole condemns you to hell. That is a god I don't want to follow.