Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hurricaneseye
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2008, 8:53 am

John McCain has recently discussed the possibilty of delaying the Republican Convention in Minneapolis because it would be "inapprioate" to have a "festive" occasion when Gustav is expected to hit Louisiana around noon Monday.

Will at least ONE of the major news organizations point out that Mr. McCain was celebrating his birthday when Katrina hit New Orleans three years ago? And that Bush flew past the storm to Arizona to celebrate it with him? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Please visit http://www.petitiononline.com/bbcwnus/petition.html. Thanks!

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 1:51 pm

Have you seen that Bush and Cheney are now going to be skipping the Repub. convention? Supposedly because they'll be 'too busy' handling hurricane stuff in Texas. Both of them.

Too bad - I was anticipating the tar that a Bush appearance would throw on McCain's candidacy. I wonder what excuse they would have found, if not for the storm.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 1:56 pm

hurricaneseye wrote:
Will at least ONE of the major news organizations point out that Mr. McCain was celebrating his birthday when Katrina hit New Orleans three years ago? And that Bush flew past the storm to Arizona to celebrate it with him? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I believe that has been reported in the mainstream media. Most likely CNN. Anyways, right after Gustav is Hanna headed towards me in Florida. Is McCain going to postpone the convention until hurricane season is completely over?

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 2:31 pm

Well, I see a difference between a private and an official celebration. :shrug:

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

hurricaneseye

31 Aug 2008, 3:52 pm

I didn't know that CNN reported it. I've seen pictures of Bush with him during Katrina's landfall. And when I heard that he wanted to delay the convention, I just busted out laughing.
It made me mad. If McCain cared about New Orleans, he would have told Bush to stay in DC to watch the situation, not to fly past it and party.

I once heard someone say that Bush doomed McCain when he endorsed his election campaign. If only that were true.

As for Hanna, I've read that it's expected to stay around the Bahamas, and then head north and become a hurricane. It'd be nice if the GOP convention were delayed till the end of the hurricane season- 30 Nov.! Then they wouldn't have a candidate!! !!

And I really don't see the difference between a private and public event. But politics is a sham anyway you cut it.

Please visit http://www.petitiononline.com/bbcwnus/petition.html. Thanks!