Page 2 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

06 Jan 2012, 8:55 am

Fnord wrote:
I don't care for Rick "Sharia Law" Santorum or Ron "Anarchy First" Paul.

So far, the only GOP candidate that doesn't make me completely ill is Mitt "Plain Vanilla" Romney.

The rest are just also-rans.

quite frankly the whole lot of them scare the f#ck out of me...including Obama.
The only candidate that I agree with doesnt have a rats chance in cat hell of getting elected....is Jon Huntsman. He is just too decent for the media to promote.

While we're on the topic, I think the age of great american presidents is over for good cause of the campaign structure that needs huge amounts of money and most of it from donations from corporations which then the elected must represent if they want to be funded again.
On top of that, the media pretty much chooses who they wish to promote and who they wish to smear and candidates are dependant on this process cause of the price of exposure on tv.
Back in the age of the greats, campaigning was simple and more direct. Candidates rode around, talked to people and mass mailed letters and flyers and put up posters of their positions and pledges. Nowdays there are way too many middlemen between the voter and the right candidate.

Jojo

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

Fnord wrote:
I don't care for Ron "Anarchy First" Paul.

What is it that leads you to believe he supports Anarchy? Honestly want to know.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 11:10 am

Type "santorum" into Urban Dictionary.

You're welcome.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 11:24 am

Asp-Z wrote:

You're welcome.

:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 1:24 pm

just-me wrote:
Fnord wrote:
What is it that leads you to believe he supports Anarchy? Honestly want to know.

Less government is good, up to a point. No government at all means anarchy. RP seems to want to eliminate government entirely, aspecially a federalist government.

As for Mr. Santorum, here's a link to a CNN Op-Ed piece: Santorum wants to impose 'Judeo-Christian Sharia'.

Dean Obeidallah wrote:
Plainly put, Rick Santorum wants to convert our current legal system into one that requires our laws to be in agreement with religious law, not unlike what the Taliban want to do in Afghanistan. Santorum is not hiding this. The only reason you may not be aware of it is because up until his recent surge in the polls, the media were ignoring him. However, "Santorum Two" was out there telling anyone who would listen. He told a crowd at a November campaign stop in Iowa in no uncertain terms, "our civil laws have to comport with a higher law: God's law."

On Thanksgiving Day at an Iowa candidates' forum, he reiterated: "We have civil laws, but our civil laws have to comport with the higher law."

Yes, that means exactly what you think it does: Santorum believes that each and every one of our government's laws must match God's law, warning that "as long as there is a discordance between the two, there will be agitation." I'm not exactly sure what "agitation" means in this context, but I think it's a code word for something much worse than acid reflux.

No wonder he hates gays.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
just-me wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Less government is good, up to a point. No government at all means anarchy. RP seems to want to eliminate government entirely, aspecially a federalist government.

As for Mr. Santorum, here's a link to a CNN Op-Ed piece: Santorum wants to impose 'Judeo-Christian Sharia'.

Dean Obeidallah wrote:
Plainly put, Rick Santorum wants to convert our current legal system into one that requires our laws to be in agreement with religious law, not unlike what the Taliban want to do in Afghanistan. Santorum is not hiding this. The only reason you may not be aware of it is because up until his recent surge in the polls, the media were ignoring him. However, "Santorum Two" was out there telling anyone who would listen. He told a crowd at a November campaign stop in Iowa in no uncertain terms, "our civil laws have to comport with a higher law: God's law."

On Thanksgiving Day at an Iowa candidates' forum, he reiterated: "We have civil laws, but our civil laws have to comport with the higher law."

Yes, that means exactly what you think it does: Santorum believes that each and every one of our government's laws must match God's law, warning that "as long as there is a discordance between the two, there will be agitation." I'm not exactly sure what "agitation" means in this context, but I think it's a code word for something much worse than acid reflux.

No wonder he hates gays.

In the unlikelihood that Santorum gets the Republican nomination, Barack has to make this lunatic's views known to the public.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

07 Jan 2012, 4:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
just-me wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Dean Obeidallah wrote:

No wonder he hates gays.

In the unlikelihood that Santorum gets the Republican nomination, Barack has to make this lunatic's views known to the public.

If that happens, then write-in Mickey Mouse would have a good chance of winning the election.
I can see the headlines now," First cartoon character wins the highest office in the US. A great day is the history of prismacolor markers, equality is finally here."
:lol:

HazelEye
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2012, 4:57 pm

He want's Autism cured? Awesome for him, does he know someone autistic, or is this just a random act of awesome? I need some back-story here.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 9:32 pm

Asp-Z wrote:

You're welcome.

very ewww man very ewwww..... :pale:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 9:40 pm

just-me wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

You're welcome.

very ewww man very ewwww..... :pale:

:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2012, 8:22 am

Ugh I hate people like that. They don't realize Autism CAN be controled to a certain extent BUT can never go away AND the Autistic person actually has to choose to control it. Other than that, there's literally nothing they can do except inject us or give us experimental drugs that can possibly drive us insane. Oh wait, they ALREADY do that!! !! !!

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
Jeffrey228 wrote:
And if the Children Misbehave that have the disorder, they will be tortured and like in the last topic, might even get the treatment of a Duffle bag and that place can't be sued for it, but the parent will be in trouble and loose the child for good, and that means lobotomy is the last resort to down size the Autism population.

his spiritual ancestors burned witches at the stake in salem.

Airquotes around "witches." heck, who's to say some of these "witches" WEREN'T Autistic???

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Genesis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2012, 3:49 pm

I'm sticking to my motto...

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 2:31 am

theaspiemusician wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jeffrey228 wrote:
And if the Children Misbehave that have the disorder, they will be tortured and like in the last topic, might even get the treatment of a Duffle bag and that place can't be sued for it, but the parent will be in trouble and loose the child for good, and that means lobotomy is the last resort to down size the Autism population.

Airquotes around "witches." heck, who's to say some of these "witches" WEREN'T Autistic???

Well anyone who was the least bit odd back then...and during the inquisition... was deemed a witch, so it is possible that a large number of autistics were burned at the stake.

there....proof of the autistic genocide.

Jojo

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 2:46 am

jojobean wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jeffrey228 wrote:

Well anyone who was the least bit odd back then...and during the inquisition... was deemed a witch, so it is possible that a large number of autistics were burned at the stake.

Jojo

That, or they were deemed demonically possessed.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 3:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
jojobean wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jeffrey228 wrote:

Jojo

That, or they were deemed demonically possessed.

which often resulted in torture and/or death to exorsize the "demon"