State Deparment IG: audit faults Hillary in email probe

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 4:47 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
. . . Or are you just trolling.

I posted an accurate description of a Hillary apologist. President Nixon "lost" 15 minutes of tape and was impeached. Hillary DELETED 33,000+ emails that SHE decided were not pertinent. This is MUCH worse.

The report also contradicts her argument that her exclusive use of a private email server while running the State Department was permitted. And she is the only one who went so far as to set up a private server.

What Rice and Powell did is not germane. As the inspector general noted, internal rules about email and cybersecurity had grown “considerably more detailed and more sophisticated” by the time Hillary came into office. And as Secretary of State, part of her job was to fix things in the department that were broken not expand upon them.

Why would any reasonable person believe that she can fix the country? This is not a resume builder for POTUS.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 5:09 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:

I posted an accurate description of a Hillary apologist. President Nixon "lost" 15 minutes of tape and was impeached. Hillary DELETED 33,000+ emails that SHE decided were not pertinent. This is MUCH worse.

The report also contradicts her argument that her exclusive use of a private email server while running the State Department was permitted. And she is the only one who went so far as to set up a private server.

What Rice and Powell did is not germane. As the inspector general noted, internal rules about email and cybersecurity had grown “considerably more detailed and more sophisticated” by the time Hillary came into office. And as Secretary of State, part of her job was to fix things in the department that were broken not expand upon them.

Why would any reasonable person believe that she can fix the country? This is not a resume builder for POTUS.

I stand corrected you were not trolling. I still disagree with your statement though.

And Jacoby I think getting called names just goes with the territory. That seems to be what all facebook and twitter arguments seem to be anyway. Oh and I bet that if we had an actual spoken discussion we would find out we agree on a lot more than is evident here.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 6:09 pm

Unless The Hillary is indicted, she will not lose a single vote because of "e-mail gate".

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 May 2016, 6:27 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Unless The Hillary is indicted, she will not lose a single vote because of "e-mail gate".

she seems to be losing a lot of votes right now according to the polls

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 7:50 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:

I happen to think you're wrong on that, but even taking your view, it's yet another nail in the "Hillary can't be trusted" coffin, and that will cost her votes.

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 11:09 pm

Even the NYT Editorial Board recognizes this as a problem:

Mrs. Clinton has to answer questions about the report thoroughly and candidly. That is her best path back to the larger task of campaigning for the presidency.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... uewpbmH2AQ

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 10:31 am

Shrapnel wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:

What is worse is a matter of debate but Nixon was impeached for a lot more then probably ordering the tape erased. Bieng involved with paying a lot of hush money to the Watergate burglers, using or trying to use the FBI and CIA to cover up, Firing the Special Proscecutor, undeclared war in Laos, generally bieng hated as a person, people in his own party that were really pissed he went to China and Russia.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 May 2016, 10:37 am

Hillary didn't set up her email server for 'convenience'

she set it up to hide something

there is a HUGE public corruption question with The Clinton Foundation and Hillary's time as Secretary of State

GIVE MONEY TO BILL, GET FAVORS FROM HILL

that's how it worked

looked at the trouble their good friend Terry Mcauliffe has found himself in, do you think the Clinton's weren't involved?

Mongoose1
Raven
Raven

05 Jun 2016, 3:00 pm

xenocity wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Just wait until the FBI recommends indictment

Hillary deliberately skirted open government laws to avoid FOIA requests

she's going down!

also Condi Rice did not use email and Colin Powell used secure channels for classified information, Hillary did not and set up a home server that the state department didn't even know about

The DOJ and FBI have both said they don't have enough on her to indict her, because she broke no laws.
They just wanted to talk to her and get her full side of the story.
Hillary never sent classified information from her private server and email at the time.
Many of the emails and contents were reclassified to classified last year and 2014 (this happens on a regular basis) by the State Department, though the CIA, FBI, and NSA have them listed as declassified (You can get them from CIA, FBI, and NSA).
She did receive a few bits of classified information from other government officials, who used private email to send it to her (they aren't going to be touched by the government even though it was perfectly legal).

The top brass at the State Department knew she was using private email and her personal blackberry to do government work. They gave their the approval to do it.
They knew she was storing her emails privately and didn't care.

They didn't want to archive the emails.

They only went through her emails and archived them because GOP Congress ordered them in 2014, in order to take her down as admitted by GOP on This Week with George a few months ago.

Condi Rice did a lot of shady stuff, including using her BlackBerry for all her government work at both cabinet posts.

Colin Powell did a lot of shady stuff, including according to Chenney falsified intel on IRAQ to start the IRAQ WAR.
Chenney has been open about the shady and illegal doings of Powell, blaming him for the whole Iraq War.

I don't like Hillary either, but I'm not going to crucify her for ineptness of the State Department and Congress and the politicization of the whole thing by her enemies.

Spoken like someone who has never held a security clearance. The laws to put her in prison have been in place for decades. As an Air Force officer, if I break my clearance, it's prison for me. The same is true - even more so for a secretary of state. We in the service have a saying: "The Devil Always Looks Out For His Own." I hate all politicians of any ilk and think they should all be in jail. And yes, Hillary is one of them. But, like all politicians before him, Oh-blah-blah is observing professional courtesy.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 9:43 am

Those emails were to her corporate ties. She's all about selling out this country to oligarchs. Once she's elected, TPP will pass and we'll be closer to our socioeconomic demise. Farewell, the good old USA. The final nail in the coffin is almost hammered down.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.