Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 12:35 am

Strange thing

The Norwegians are well fed but also like killing innocent animals like whales
http://au.whales.org/issues/whaling-in-norway

the Danes kill harmless zoo animals for no good reason?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26734377

Must be that the Scandinavians consider it their cultural right to kill critters?

the upside is they can make a lazy million by flying the Trump boys over for some recreational shooting!
get me some wolfie boy!!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 1:21 am

I guess there are a lot of people fed up with environmentalists, like most everywhere in the developed world. Let's not forget the anti-environmentalists ultimately have the upper hand: once they've thrown away two thirds of the tiny extant wolf gene pool, nothing any future environmentalists might do can possibly restore it.

Simply put, the environment is screwed and most people with any ability to decide on the matter are lovin' it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 2:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
Strange thing

Must be that the Scandinavians consider it their cultural right to kill critters?

the upside is they can make a lazy million by flying the Trump boys over for some recreational shooting!
get me some wolfie boy!!

Disappointing when I read the other day that the Norwegians are trying to ban fur farms
I remember when the Danes killed the giraffe in front of children I also read that the Danes were taking children to fur farms and showing them the barbaric cruelty that made me sick.

I thought Wolves were an endangered species.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 2:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
Strange thing

get me some wolfie boy!!

Well it is actually true the older lions would have likely killed the younger male lion cubs, I mean still not a great thing but not sure what other actual options were available.

Also are they whaling any species to endangerment? people hunt deer, elk and all kinds of other animals so not sure why this is particularly worse than that...so long as they aren't killing off the entire population of a species into extinction.

I do disagree with the wolf killing however...sounds like they are somewhat endangered, however I don't think it's a 'scandinavian' thing not like no such things have happened in other countries.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2016, 6:22 am

Stupidity as far as the eye can see.

mebradhen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2016, 6:30 am

What the hell. Well if they do start that meme train! :)

i've never know anyone like me ,so friendly PM's are always welcome :).

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 9:10 am

They could just compensate farmers for any livestock lost by wolves. The farmers could also use sheepdogs to guard their flocks, like people did in the old days.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2016, 12:23 pm

The 'Norwegian Officials' should have to be the ones to do it. Form them in packs equal to numbers to the 3 packs they are to cull, and then send them out clothed and with food, but nothing else. They will have to make weapons out of sticks and rocks, etc.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 7:45 pm

Here are my thoughts on this, it was thought that all Bison roaming the North American plains had been hunted to death by native america people(buzzer) Wrong!, It was Caucasian people whom nearly decimated all the Bison.So, the way I see if there is a very small population of animals in an area whereby you kill them off what have you truly gained by doing such? Nothing absolutely nothing,The world is not a department store where we can take back something if it's broken and get a replacement free of charge.Once you had hunted,fished, any being to extinction said animal/being can't be brought back like something out of Jurassic Park.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

Reading the Norwegian press it seems a lot of Norwegians are really upset about this (and rightly so I think).

mebradhen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

I agree Mr Lawrence. LoL.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 10:08 pm

kazanscube wrote:
So, the way I see if there is a very small population of animals in an area whereby you kill them off what have you truly gained by doing such?

A sound and demoralizing victory against those who wanted to preserve them.

Political disputes are always about tribal dynamics—the nature of the dispute itself, however serious it might rationally be, doesn't matter to normal humans. If an asteroid threatened to hit the Earth and wipe us out, choosing whether to take any collective action to save humanity or not would still be like choosing a sports team to cheer on. The latter would call themselves "sceptics", or whatever term makes science deniers look good at that time, and would make generous use of their natural right to create, believe and propagate all sorts of anti-science FUD and conspiracy theories to reach the conclusion they want to be true. Not that their political opponents would be any different in this regard—the vast majority of them wouldn't give a f**k about science as such; they'd just treat it as religion, and only by chance would they be supporting the less collectively suicidal course of action.

Needless to say, it would be impossible to get anything meaningful done and the asteroid would end up killing off humanity, but the last audible voice would be that of a self-professed "sceptic" insisting the asteroid is a lie and dying happy and proud of uncompromisingly having shown the finger to the opposite side till the end.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Sep 2016, 4:11 am

That's just sick and unjustifiable. 68 is so few to begin with and they need a place to roam. I'm sure South Africa would never approve such a foolish decision!

Let's hope its not too late for the authorities to come to their senses.

I'd be out there among the activists fighting for the wolves if I could!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 8:27 pm

Large predators are crucial for a healthy ecosystem.They cull the sick,weak and stupid from the herd.We now have too many deer here and they are getting sick,chronic wasting disease.If we had wolves this would never happen.But it's unlikely they will ever make a comeback here,too many people with cattle.There is suppose to be some red wolves left,but most have now mixed with coyotes.

mebradhen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2016, 8:36 pm

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/09 ... /21476602/
Well lets hope they don't win!