Page 14 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2017, 6:33 am

Nonthinkers aren't worth the time to talk to, especially middle aged and older ones since it's just a game to them. Nunes must recuse himself! For what? Their paranoid delusions should be ignored, if you are smart enough to read the overarching media narrative then you can sidestep the ignorance feigning harpies because what is the truth is not actually important to them but rather only what they wish was true and their knowledge of these subjects is almost always superficial at best.

Russia reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 6:39 am

Jacoby wrote:
Nonthinkers aren't worth the time to talk to, especially middle aged and older ones since it's just a game to them. Nunes must recuse himself! For what? Their paranoid delusions should be ignored, if you are smart enough to read the overarching media narrative then you can sidestep the ignorance feigning harpies because what is the truth is not actually important to them but rather only what they wish was true and their knowledge of these subjects is almost always superficial at best.

Well thanks for more ad hominem tripe. That's helpful. Now we now that middle aged and old people are nonthinking gameplayers.
Can this thread get worse? Of course it can.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 6:50 am

Jacoby wrote:

There seems to be more ingrained reaction than reason.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 6:52 am

If reason was their strong suit then it's doubtful they'd believe what they believe in the first place

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 8:03 am

androbot01 wrote:
Get over this

Done. You are now on ignore mode.

Future baiting attempts from you will be reported as such.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 1:23 pm

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 1:43 pm

I am on team Dox / Ezra / NurseAngela----and Jacoby, it's about time you showed-up----now, where's that Wascally Wabbit, Waptor!!

As I've said many times, on here, I'm sick-and-tired of the U.S. thinking that every time another country sneezes, we feel we've gotta be there to wipe their little noseys, for 'em, because we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't!! If we get involved, then other countries say we're too interfering; if we DON'T get involved, then people say we're not giving enough.

IMO, it's time for the U.S. to SEAL THE BORDERS (at least, temporarily - IMO, like, a year, AT LEAST) and TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN, FIRST!! !! !! !! !! !

That doesn't mean that we won't still be helping, when there's some kind of horrible disaster (tsunami, for instance), somewhere----even though, nobody else spends the resources / people, that WE do----but, it's time that we put the U.S., FIRST!! Anybody that doesn't like what we're doin' / not doin' can petition their OWN country, to help-out!!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 1:47 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
[color=#9932CC][b]I am on team Dox / Ezra / NurseAngela----and Jacoby, it's about time you showed-up----now, where's that Wascally Wabbit, Waptor!!

Raptor's over in the Trump thread causing mischief. :)

I didn't realize teams had formed. As usual, I was oblivious to this and will remain on team androbot.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Good grief. This routine of yours where I'm supposed to be a naive little twit is pure BS.

Defensive much?

Hey Eras
Hey Androbot

Here's a question for two of you.
What good is coming out of this?

None. Obviously I need to put androbot01 on ignore mode.

Do what you want. Or maybe just change the way you talk to her. I think she does often bring forward an interesting perspective.

It's called cause and effect. She plays games and puts me through routines and I that's why I talk to her the way I do. So, the only real way to prevent this is to ignore her.

You do realize of course that others have had these same problems and called her on it many times, right? That I'm certainly not the only one, right?
Depends I don't think either of what you two said is the best. But it could have been easy to simply leave it instead of provoke.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:42 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Intelligence means s**t.

I've never given much credence to intelligence tests. I've never taken one myself. I think intelligence can come in many difference ways: academic, intuition, "street smarts." Sometimes gems of thought come from unexpected sources; it's unwise to discount anyone.
Shahunshah wrote:
I tell you I could never do medical transcriptions.

It's much harder than I expected. Medical terminology is endless. Still though, I enjoy it. Each case file is like a story.

Yeah. Many people I have seen are full of surprises. An autistic girl I knew who couldn't properly speak was thought to be stupid. That was so far from the truth. She knew lots about science and spent much of her time reading national geographic.

I hope things are going well for you anyhow.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Because the United States has the capacity to do so, the strongest military in the world. The wealthiest country, why can't it do something like that. If they do not hundreds of thousands of people die it is for the greater good.

What happens if we decide that we're tired of dying for other people and that we're just going to protect our own territory and that's it? Is anyone else going to step up?

Yes exactly. United States complacency. Complacent compared to who? Who has done more for the world than the US? What nation has shed more blood for others?

Maybe it's time for the UK Commonwealth to stop lollygagging around complaining about the US and take their turn at being the world's babysitter.

Maybe it's time for some of these needy countries to get their act together. Are we actually the superior race? I think not. It's time for some of these countries to grow up and become self sufficient.
The UK does do allot of intervention in favor of US policies.

Why does it always have to be US policies? I think the rest of the world is way way too dependent on the US.

I think it's time to cut the apron strings.
Much of the world has no choice but to be dependent on US policies. If your an Albanian living in Kosovo you don't have any choice but to be dependent.

Tell me why if you're an If your an Albanian living in Kosovo you don't have any choice but to be dependent on the US? Where does the actual problem lie?
The Government oppressing you.

Right, which is what I'm getting at from my pov. It was that government's job to do a better job of governing itself, rather than the United States in any way being liable or responsible.

It's like every time a government does a crappy job, it's supposed to automatically be the United States responsibility to straighten things out.
Yes a government perpetrating is responsible for causing genocide and doing the act. But the United States has the capacity to straighten things out with ease so ideally it should. If not hundreds of thousands of people die.

Isn't it ironic that the United States itself came into existence by way of genocide? Probably the largest scale ethnic cleansing in history. I wonder what the outcome would have been if someone had stopped it?

And I know a lot of the indigenous population of Australia was obliterated. Don't know about NZ though.

But why do we keep coming back to this particular point in history from the 90's. The world and the US is a different place now. For one thing the US wasn't 20 trillion dollars in debt back then. The Rust Belt didn't exist back then etc.

The Rust Belt existed since the 80s and earlier. Even if your struggling in the Rust Belt you are not living in a third world country, the government can afford to provide for you. Your family is not part of a mission to be wiped out. That is a real reality in the case of genocide, someone is trying to destroy you and your family. It seems to me you seem to advocating that the people who have more should be helped at the expense of those who stand to lose everything.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 9:36 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The Rust Belt existed since the 80s and earlier. Even if your struggling in the Rust Belt you are not living in a third world country, the government can afford to provide for you. Your family is not part of a mission to be wiped out. That is a real reality in the case of genocide, someone is trying to destroy you and your family. It seems to me you seem to advocating that the people who have more should be helped at the expense of those who stand to lose everything.

Okay, well if another Kosovo genocide type incident takes place like the one in 1998, then sure the US along with the UK and Western Europe, should probably step in.

But there's been many many many other situations the United States has involved itself in playing babysitter. To the point where the US is expected to fix every single problem and continue to take in swarms of people. It's not going to help anyone if the US ends up collapsing under all that weight.

The rest of the world needs to start behaving and looking after themselves. NZ is a small isolated country and it manages to be self sufficient. Same with Iceland and a lot of other small countries. I think it's time for the others to get their act together. Or time for someone else to play babysitter. But nobody else is going to take on that role of course.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 9:52 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Okay, well if another Kosovo genocide type incident takes place like the one in 1998, then sure the US along with the UK and Western Europe, should probably step in.

But there's been many many many other situations the United States has involved itself in playing babysitter. To the point where the US is expected to fix every single problem and continue to take in swarms of people. It's not going to help anyone if the US ends up collapsing under all that weight.

The rest of the world needs to start behaving and looking after themselves. NZ is a small isolated country and it manages to be self sufficient. Same with Iceland and a lot of other small countries. I think it's time for the others to get their act together. Or time for someone else to play babysitter. But nobody else is going to take on that role of course.
Countries like Rwanda and Yugoslavia were never gonna get better on their own, they needed help.

Hey EzraS here is a question for you. If your an oppressed minority say a Tutsi in Rwanda is it your fault that your own government hates you?

Its weird because you seem to be implying that a country is responsible for their own problems but if you are an oppressed minority thing is they are not.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 10:11 pm

Rwanda would of probably been better off if France didn't support and arm their genocidal Hutu-dominated government

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 10:14 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Rwanda would of probably been better off if France didn't support and arm their genocidal Hutu-dominated government
No doubt. But what I am doing is advocating for intervention in the case of genocide.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Countries like Rwanda and Yugoslavia were never gonna get better on their own, they needed help.

Hey EzraS here is a question for you. If your an oppressed minority say a Tutsi in Rwanda is it your fault that your own government hates you?

Its weird because you seem to be implying that a country is responsible for their own problems but if you are an oppressed minority thing is they are not.

I think there's a difference between helping and babysitting. You are continually mentioning 2 or 3 places out of certain period of time involving extreme circumstances. If it was limited to just a couple of countries experiencing a genocide situation back in the 90's this wouldn't be an issue.

It's like anyone talking about the US not being so involved in world wide affairs these days anymore, that somehow has an impact on what took place 25 years ago in two places.

Yes, like I already said, the US along with the UK and Western Europe should help in times of a genocide, or a massive tsunami, or a massive earth quake. But the US shouldn't be expected to babysit other places and be the only source of help or refuge. Other capable countries should step in and incapable countries should get their act together - it's like there's not supposed to be any responsibility on their part.

I'm not talking about the civilian population of other countries getting their act together, I'm talking about those who run those countries getting their act together and taking responsibility, instead of it being the idea that the United States is supposed to do it for them. And I mean all of them all of the time... these days.