Page 4 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Oh I'm sure I could find stuff in the news to come up with a litany of obnoxious things to say about him and Australia in particular. Or anyone else for that matter.

Feel free...or to use Australian colloquialism "go for it mate!"

Obviously you don't or more likely won't get the point. I think the whole Trump thing is like crack for you.

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
“If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.” - Abraham Lincoln.

I'll put the shoe on the other foot. Has Trump done anything he promised to do prior the US election? what positive things has he done for the country?

Anything I listed, you would just shoot down. I don't think you're capable of recognizing anything good that exists. It would spoil on your "lampooning" you get off on so much .

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

Aww heck Ezra, now you are making me feel self-conscious that I'm "hurtin" you folk's "feelins"

Ok I'll lay off Mr Trump, he has a big job ahead anyway with crazy Kim Jong Un...may he gain wisdom for all our sakes...

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
It's called critical thinking - using a process called deductive reasoning
Colin Kapaernick and others refused to sit during the national anthem because of what they perceived as racial oppression

but heck let them speak
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder", referencing a series of events that led to the Black Lives Matter movement and adding that he would continue to protest until he feels like "[the American flag] represents what it's supposed to represent"

First off, Colin Kapaernick doesn't come by as someone who is oppressed. In fact he seems pretty well rewarded for someone who can run a little faster or whatever then someone else... But as a nation, institutional racism doesn't exist, only on a individual level (which is a problem in and of itself). Oppression in our nation has nothing to do with racism, only a cultural difference (and possibly disability). Most people are not going to argue black lives don't mater, except for a few s**t heads. Fact is, all lives mater equally; no matter the skin color or profession. But the majority (not all) of those incidents the BLM group violently protested, was justified shootings.

cyberdad wrote:
Trump's response is not aimed at the footballers - he knows very well why they are not standing...heck even a 5yr old who watches this sport knows why they are protesting.

Who gives a s**t why their not standing. Point is, their not standing with the team or our nation. It's simply disrespectful to a nation that paved them with nothing but opportunities. There is better ways to protest, without being controversial. Stand with your team, stand with your nation and maybe we will stand for your cause.

cyberdad wrote:
It's not really rocket science and it's self evident I'm not twisting anything
- the issue is racial
- the footballers are black

Nope and is only coincidence... It would also appear, most professional players are black.

cyberdad wrote:
- He is suring up his support base which have a large number of racists

By large his supporters are not all racist, maybe a small portion. But the very same could be said about the left.

cyberdad wrote:
If anyone would care to poke holes at this logic then feel free, but it's seems glaringly obvious even to a primary school kid

I don't need your permission, but thanks though.

jrjones9933 wrote:
This thread has turned into an attempt to poison the well, invalidating anything Cyberdad has to say on American politics.

I don't have a problem with him discussing our politics, I don't like how he presents it. In this example, implying racism when that wasn't the case. His post in and out of this thread come by as bashing our country. If he could have presented this topic as it should have intended. I could agree it was not appropriate, but not for racism.

Last edited by SH90 on 24 Sep 2017, 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
Aww heck Ezra, now you are making me feel self-conscious that I'm "hurtin" you folk's "feelins"

Ok I'll lay off Mr Trump, he has a big job ahead anyway with crazy Kim Jong Un...may he gain wisdom for all our sakes...

Whatever. I've lost interest.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:36 am

cyberdad wrote:

You're doing it all wrong. :shameonyou:
Keep up the trollery and to add insult to injury post pictures of children crying and "U mad bro" troll memes. When the butthurt reaches its apogee you can sit back with a wolfish grin and admire your handiwork.
Not that I have experience in trolling, just what I imagine would turn a troll on...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:53 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Do some hill folk around there refer to cougars as painters?
Some in Appalachia do .

I know you were talking to somebody else----but, I wanted to chime-in, on this one.....

Anything posted on the open forum is up for grabs.

Quote:
YES!! As you probably already know, my family's in / from Appalachia, as well, and I've heard SEVERAL people call cougars, "Painters" (I figured it was, like, "language decay", or whatever, for "Panther")----also, I've heard them called "Catamounts" (again, I figured it meant, like, "Cat of the mountain", or whatever).

"Catamount" That's the word I was looking for. Painter I remembered but not catamount.
Quote:
I've heard all KINDS of stories about cougars, in them thar heels----everything from being killed, because they threatened (and/or killed) the livestock on my family's farms, to protecting an infant human!! I don't know if any of those stories are TRUE----but, they always made for GREAT entertainment, at my grandfather's knee!!
There were also a lot of wolf stories which no doubt contibuted to their demise in the east.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 2:03 am

EzraS wrote:
Anything I listed, you would just shoot down. I don't think you're capable of recognizing anything good that exists. It would spoil on your "lampooning" you get off on so much .

I agree, mostly because this would be based on a individuals opinion. But I am going to take a stab.

- Sec. of Defense James Mattis
- Withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Withdraw from Paris Agreement
- Better enforcement on current illegal immigration laws
- Firing of Surgeon General Vivek Murthy
-Get China to reject NORK coal, buy from America
-Chinese lifted the ban on American beef
-Change Cuban policy
-Stop work on the Y2K bug, 17 years laters
-Rescinds Obama's DAPA Immigration Order
-Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act
-(EO) Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States
-(EO) Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements
-(EO) Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Appointees
-(EO) Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs
-(EO) Core Principles for Regulating the United States Financial System
-(EO) Preventing Violence Against Federal, State, Tribal, and Local Law Enforcement Officers
-(EO) White House Initiative to Promote Excellence and Innovation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities
-(EO) Promoting Energy Independence and Economic Growth
-(EO) Establishing the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis
-(EO) Improving Accountability and Whistleblower Protection at the Department of Veterans Affairs
-(EO) Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty
-(EO) Expanding Apprenticeships in America
-Repeal of Obama-Era Social Security Gun Prohibition Rule
-Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act

2nd Amendment Official Policy

Just to name a few...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:09 am

SH90 wrote:
I don't have a problem with him discussing our politics.

I don't need your permission, but thanks though (apologies for the gratuitous plagiarism)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:17 am

SH90 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I agree, mostly because this would be based on a individuals opinion. But I am going to take a stab.

- Sec. of Defense James Mattis
- Withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Withdraw from Paris Agreement
- Better enforcement on current illegal immigration laws
- Firing of Surgeon General Vivek Murthy
-Get China to reject NORK coal, buy from America
-Chinese lifted the ban on American beef
-Change Cuban policy
-Stop work on the Y2K bug, 17 years laters
-Rescinds Obama's DAPA Immigration Order
-Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act
-(EO) Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States
-(EO) Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements
-(EO) Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Appointees
-(EO) Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs
-(EO) Core Principles for Regulating the United States Financial System
-(EO) Preventing Violence Against Federal, State, Tribal, and Local Law Enforcement Officers
-(EO) White House Initiative to Promote Excellence and Innovation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities
-(EO) Promoting Energy Independence and Economic Growth
-(EO) Establishing the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis
-(EO) Improving Accountability and Whistleblower Protection at the Department of Veterans Affairs
-(EO) Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty
-(EO) Expanding Apprenticeships in America
-Repeal of Obama-Era Social Security Gun Prohibition Rule
-Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act

2nd Amendment Official Policy

Just to name a few...

Withdrawal from the TPP and Paris accord is not universally seen as a positive step for the US and have been criticised by Australia's conservative government. Immigration and veterans affairs and gun laws are not in the mainstream interest - they are in support of pro-Trump groups. The point about firing US Surgeon general Vivek Murthy is bizarre given he resigned and that he was doing a good job? not much here about boosting the economy, jobs, education or health is there...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:49 am

I will not agree that taking health care from millions of AMERICANS is a good act of that man in the white house.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:10 am

Looks like Le Bron James, Kobe Bryant and Steph Curry have all condemned the comments by POTUS against the NFL players. All apparently boycotting invites to the whitehouse...
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/24/04/ ... aying-what

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
Looks like Le Bron James, Kobe Bryant and Steph Curry have all condemned the comments by POTUS against the NFL players. All apparently boycotting invites to the whitehouse...

Trump criticising people for not standing means he is racist just because some of those people were black...so those players refusing to go to the Whitehouse makes *them* racist because Trump is white? That's how it works, right? Or does the logic only apply when it meets your agenda?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
SH90 wrote:

I don't need your permission, but thanks though (apologies for the gratuitous plagiarism)

Cool, continue to be an ass. It's in your nature.

cyberdad wrote:
Withdrawal from the TPP and Paris accord is not universally seen as a positive step for the US and have been criticised by Australia's conservative government. Immigration and veterans affairs and gun laws are not in the mainstream interest - they are in support of pro-Trump groups. The point about firing US Surgeon general Vivek Murthy is bizarre given he resigned and that he was doing a good job? not much here about boosting the economy, jobs, education or health is there...

Besides proving EzraS and myself right in not being able to accept an opposing opinion. TPP would have been very beneficial for Australia, so I understand your reservations. But the bottom line, it wasn't in the best interest for the United States or our major employers (I personally know a few jobs withdrawing saved). The Paris Accord was a financial nightmare for us in the long run, with us basically footing the bill and subsidizing other countries who are heavy polluters like India (pretty sure we had a long discussion about this in two different threads). Immigration, VA, and gun rights are in the mainstreams best interest... Vivek Murthy was asked to resign, it's a polite firing. Like I said, these are just some examples.

Again, these are just opinions. It doesn't make our opinions wrong because you oppose them. But strike them down if you most. You are entitled to yours and because others oppose them, doesn't make yours wrong either.

auntblabby wrote:
I will not agree that taking health care from millions of AMERICANS is a good act of that man in the white house.

I agree, putting millions out of healthcare was wrong and overall tripling the costs.

cyberdad wrote:

Last edited by SH90 on 24 Sep 2017, 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:08 am

SH90 wrote:

Simply discussing politics would never be a problem.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:15 am

EzraS wrote:
SH90 wrote:

Yep, there's discussion and then there's constantly bashing us as a nation or anyone who leans even slightly right. A huge difference and also one sided in enforcement... Better not say anything to negative about the left.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:30 am

SH90 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
SH90 wrote:

Yep, there's discussion and then there's constantly bashing us as a nation or anyone who leans even slightly right. A huge difference and also one sided in enforcement... Better not say anything to negative about the left.

errr who is "us" I am bashing Trump? unless of course your are part of the "borg" that includes ex-tea party, alt-right and other creepy right wing people who are hoisting their flag poles (or tikki torches) to honor Trump .