Page 13 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:14 am

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
[America is a superpower and is the richest country. It can afford to have its military and has done so for the longest time. America even at its best times has always had a strong military presence overseas

America has done more than its fair share. Time for other nations to become wealthier and more powerful. The United States has shed more than enough blood overseas for countries who can't behave themselves.
If you were a Tutsi in Rwanda say in the 1990s what could you do but cry out America?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:18 am

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Because the United States has the capacity to do so, the strongest military in the world. The wealthiest country, why can't it do something like that. If they do not hundreds of thousands of people die it is for the greater good.

What happens if we decide that we're tired of dying for other people and that we're just going to protect our own territory and that's it? Is anyone else going to step up?

Yes exactly. United States complacency. Complacent compared to who? Who has done more for the world than the US? What nation has shed more blood for others?

Maybe it's time for the UK Commonwealth to stop lollygagging around complaining about the US and take their turn at being the world's babysitter.

Maybe it's time for some of these needy countries to get their act together. Are we actually the superior race? I think not. It's time for some of these countries to grow up and become self sufficient.
The UK does do allot of intervention in favor of US policies.

Why does it always have to be US policies? I think the rest of the world is way way too dependent on the US.

I think it's time to cut the apron strings.
Much of the world has no choice but to be dependent on US policies. If your an Albanian living in Kosovo you don't have any choice but to be dependent.

Tell me why if you're an If your an Albanian living in Kosovo you don't have any choice but to be dependent on the US? Where does the actual problem lie?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:23 am

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Because the United States has the capacity to do so, the strongest military in the world. The wealthiest country, why can't it do something like that. If they do not hundreds of thousands of people die it is for the greater good.

What happens if we decide that we're tired of dying for other people and that we're just going to protect our own territory and that's it? Is anyone else going to step up?

Yes exactly. United States complacency. Complacent compared to who? Who has done more for the world than the US? What nation has shed more blood for others?

Maybe it's time for the UK Commonwealth to stop lollygagging around complaining about the US and take their turn at being the world's babysitter.

Maybe it's time for some of these needy countries to get their act together. Are we actually the superior race? I think not. It's time for some of these countries to grow up and become self sufficient.

Why does it always have to be US policies? I think the rest of the world is way way too dependent on the US.

Much of the world has no choice but to be dependent on US policies. If your an Albanian living in Kosovo you don't have any choice but to be dependent.

Tell me why if you're an If your an Albanian living in Kosovo you don't have any choice but to be dependent on the US? Where does the actual problem lie?
The Government oppressing you.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:27 am

EzraS wrote:
Good grief. This routine of yours where I'm supposed to be a naive little twit is pure BS.

Defensive much?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:29 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Good grief. This routine of yours where I'm supposed to be a naive little twit is pure BS.

Defensive much?

Hey Eras
Hey Androbot

Here's a question for two of you.
What good is coming out of this?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:12 am

Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Defensive much?

Hey Eras
Hey Androbot

Nothing for me. I don't know if I'm more intelligent than Ezra or not, and I don't care. I said Trump is damaging and will continue to damage the States and I gave several examples. I think what my examples demonstrate is that Trump's decisions and actions are hurting people. To me this is damage. Ezra seems to think otherwise, but won't say why.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Defensive much?

Hey Eras
Hey Androbot

Nothing for me. I don't know if I'm more intelligent than Ezra or not, and I don't care. I said Trump is damaging and will continue to damage the States and I gave several examples. I think what my examples demonstrate is that Trump's decisions and actions are hurting people. To me this is damage. Ezra seems to think otherwise, but won't say why.
Intelligence means s**t. I tell you I could never do medical transcriptions. I think what you say lines closer with the truth.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:57 am

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Right, which is what I'm getting at from my pov. It was that government's job to do a better job of governing itself, rather than the United States in any way being liable or responsible.

It's like every time a government does a crappy job, it's supposed to automatically be the United States responsibility to straighten things out.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:00 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Defensive much?

No that's called being annoyed with your shenanigans.

androbot01 wrote:
I think what my examples demonstrate is that Trump's decisions and actions are hurting people. To me this is damage. Ezra seems to think otherwise, but won't say why.

I did say why. I said I found the examples anecdotal and claims of any actual substantial damage resulting from them, exaggerations. You read that in a previous post, but supposedly you're too obtuse to understand it. So I'm supposed to keep repeating myself. This hardly the first time I have been put through this type of routine by you. Apparently all this kind nonsense is more important to you than having a straightforward conversation.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:21 am

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Right, which is what I'm getting at from my pov. It was that government's job to do a better job of governing itself, rather than the United States in any way being liable or responsible.

It's like every time a government does a crappy job, it's supposed to automatically be the United States responsibility to straighten things out.
Yes a government perpetrating is responsible for causing genocide and doing the act. But the United States has the capacity to straighten things out with ease so ideally it should. If not hundreds of thousands of people die.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:45 am

Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Defensive much?

Hey Eras
Hey Androbot

None. Obviously I need to put androbot01 on ignore mode.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:52 am

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Defensive much?

Hey Eras
Hey Androbot

Do what you want. Or maybe just change the way you talk to her. I think she does often bring forward an interesting perspective.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 5:05 am

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Yes a government perpetrating is responsible for causing genocide and doing the act. But the United States has the capacity to straighten things out with ease so ideally it should. If not hundreds of thousands of people die.

Isn't it ironic that the United States itself came into existence by way of genocide? Probably the largest scale ethnic cleansing in history. I wonder what the outcome would have been if someone had stopped it?

And I know a lot of the indigenous population of Australia was obliterated. Don't know about NZ though.

But why do we keep coming back to this particular point in history from the 90's. The world and the US is a different place now. For one thing the US wasn't 20 trillion dollars in debt back then. The Rust Belt didn't exist back then etc.

Last edited by EzraS on 28 Mar 2017, 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 5:15 am

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Defensive much?

Hey Eras
Hey Androbot

Do what you want. Or maybe just change the way you talk to her. I think she does often bring forward an interesting perspective.

It's called cause and effect. She plays games and puts me through routines and I that's why I talk to her the way I do. So, the only real way to prevent this is to ignore her.

You do realize of course that others have had these same problems and called her on it many times, right? That I'm certainly not the only one, right?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 6:18 am

EzraS wrote:
I did say why. I said I found the examples anecdotal and claims of any actual substantial damage resulting from them, exaggerations.

It must have been buried in your vitriol because this is the first I've heard you say this.

So you are calling into question the validity of the examples I provided. I'm not sure you have much of an argument there as the reports are ubiquitous.

EzraS wrote:
You read that in a previous post, but supposedly you're too obtuse to understand it. So I'm supposed to keep repeating myself. This hardly the first time I have been put through this type of routine by you. Apparently all this kind nonsense is more important to you than having a straightforward conversation.

Get over this vendetta Ezra. I have nothing against you although I don't appreciate your numerous personal attacks.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 6:31 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Intelligence means s**t.

I've never given much credence to intelligence tests. I've never taken one myself. I think intelligence can come in many difference ways: academic, intuition, "street smarts." Sometimes gems of thought come from unexpected sources; it's unwise to discount anyone.
Shahunshah wrote:
I tell you I could never do medical transcriptions.

It's much harder than I expected. Medical terminology is endless. Still though, I enjoy it. Each case file is like a story.