Trump found liable for sexual battery, defamation

Page 4 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 6:52 am

I had cooch injuries and only got 250K because it’s the max personal injury award in this country.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 7:49 am

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
. . . I'm very happy with the outcome and very proud of Carroll for her strength.
Same here.  My only sticking point is that he was not found criminally responsible for the crimes he committed.

Yeah, mine too. It's frustrating.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 10:34 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I had cooch injuries and only got 250K because it’s the max personal injury award in this country.

Rape very often does cause vaginal injuries on some level, but people don't usually hear that side of it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 11:03 am

The statue of limitations had long run out so criminally prosecuting him was never in the cards. It is possible that if he was eligible for prosecution he might have been acquitted as the standards for criminal conviction are higher then for civil liable. If that had happened he still would never have been held to account and the MAGA’s would again be “owning the libs” and worse.

It is import to note that even though Carroll accused Trump of rape the jury did not hold him liable for that. That does not mean they did not think he raped her just that the preponderance of evidence was not there. Therefore it was questionable for the media and myself to call it a rape trail.

Trump’s lawyers are making a big deal about him not being held liable for rape. That is warped.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 12:44 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Rape very often does cause vaginal injuries on some level, but people don't usually hear that side of it.

I could write a book about that side of it.
Women in the US with the same injuries got $10M.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 1:06 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The statue of limitations had long run out so criminally prosecuting him was never in the cards. It is possible that if he was eligible for prosecution he might have been acquitted as the standards for criminal conviction are higher then for civil liable. If that had happened he still would never have been held to account and the MAGA’s would again be “owning the libs” and worse.

It is import to note that even though Carroll accused Trump of rape the jury did not hold him liable for that. That does not mean they did not think he raped her just that the preponderance of evidence was not there. Therefore it was questionable for the media and myself to call it a rape trail.

Trump’s lawyers are making a big deal about him not being held liable for rape. That is warped.

What’re they saying? :?

He only stuck it half way in so it doesn’t count? Or she didn’t get him off he had to think about raping someone else so it didn’t count ?

Like I wonder how they’re possibly trying to spin this so his cult 45 members are like “Oh yeah, what he did was totally normal. Everyone does a little no-count rape here and there in their lives like nbd he’s sooooo presidential!” :roll:

Or is it more along the lines of “He wasn’t even president then, he was a Star, and for the last Million years stars are allowed to do that stuff & people LIKE it. This is all just presidential harassment witch hunt hoax stuff!!1”

Morons. He’s a sexual predator, among other things.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2023, 8:43 pm

Trump files notice to appeal of E. Jean Carroll verdict

Quote:
Attorneys for former President Donald Trump on Thursday filed a notice to appeal the verdict of a federal civil trial that found him liable for sexual battery and defamation against writer E. Jean Carroll.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2023, 8:47 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
Attorneys for former President Donald Trump on Thursday filed a notice to appeal the verdict of a federal civil trial that found him liable for sexual battery and defamation against writer E. Jean Carroll.

She might get paid from his estate, but he'll be long gone ( an she may be too, her family might get it ).

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 2:02 am

Persephone29 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

She might get paid from his estate, but he'll be long gone ( a she may be too, her family might get it ).

Doubt she cares that much. She didn’t even name a price - she said she wanted her reputation restored and trump to be held accountable. So the jury set the amounts.

Nice to see a start on trump being held accountable for his crime spree. It’s gonna be awesome seeing his meltdowns after each court loss.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 2:05 am

Are these awards taxable in USA?

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 6:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

She might get paid from his estate, but he'll be long gone ( a she may be too, her family might get it ).

Doubt she cares that much. She didn’t even name a price - she said she wanted her reputation restored and trump to be held accountable. So the jury set the amounts.

Nice to see a start on trump being held accountable for his crime spree. It’s gonna be awesome seeing his meltdowns after each court loss.

But the goal is too hurt Trump, right? The only thing that hurts Trump is the money.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 9:32 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump rape accuser E Jean Carroll says her generation stayed quiet about assault[/url]
Quote:
A writer suing Donald Trump in a Manhattan federal court for rape says she did not come forward at first because she was a "member of the silent generation".

Ms Carroll took the stand for the third time on Monday, facing another round of questioning from Mr Trump's attorneys, who pressed her on why she did not report the alleged assault to the police.

"I was born in 1943," Ms Carroll said. "Women like me were taught and trained to keep our chins up and to not complain."

Ms Carroll added that she was ashamed of the alleged assault and had believed it to be her fault.

YES. I grew up while those attitudes prevailed, and watched them start to change during my youth, but never all the way. So many people fail to understand how strong the prevailing attitude was, and how strongly that affects how women react.

Every women I know of my generation or older has a "me, too" story. Every. Single. One.

There are good men from that time who always thought it was wrong, and there are many men who learned and changed for the better. But Trump? He brags about it. Totally without any regard to how much pain he has left behind.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 9:52 pm

I'm curious to know how much her legal team cost her.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2023, 1:17 am

E Jean Carroll considering suing Trump for his remarks during CNN town hall

Quote:
Writer E Jean Carroll is considering suing Donald Trump for defamation again after the former US president made disparaging remarks about her during a televised CNN town hall just a day after he was found liable in a civil case for sexually assaulting her.

“Everything’s on the table, obviously, and we have to give serious consideration to it,” Carroll’s lawyer Roberta Kaplan told the New York Times about the prospect of a defamation lawsuit. “We have to weigh the various pros and cons and we’ll come to a decision in the next day or so, probably.”

But during the Wednesday night CNN event in New Hampshire – which attracted widespread condemnation of the US broadcaster – Trump repeatedly insulted and demeaned Carroll and her experiences.

Trump said her account of a sexual assault was “fake” and a “made-up story” and referred to it as “hanky-panky”.

Carroll told the Times that the remarks had been upsetting when she read a transcript of them. “It’s just stupid, it’s just disgusting, vile, foul, it wounds people,” she told the newspaper.

She added: “I am upset on the behalf of young men in America. They cannot listen to this balderdash and this old-timey view of women, which is a cave-man view.”

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it. I am not a lawyer but I don't see how she does not win.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 7:01 pm

Since he's still defaming her he's gonna get his peepee slapped in court again for it:

https://occupydemocrats.com/2023/05/23/ ... n-charges/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 7:05 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

That's a problem, but not because the old lady with the McCoffee got more. It's a problem that such a limit can apply when the costs and other damages might greatly exceed it.