Tsunami hits Japan after 8.8 magnitude Earthquake : (

Page 6 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 1:48 am

kxmode wrote:
I feel so bad for Japan, especially my spiritual brothers and sisters! :( I was thinking with all this negative news a positive Godzilla joke might help lessen some of the pain:

If you watch Godzilla backwards its about a giant lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt down city, and then moonwalks into the ocean.

:)
Aw! I like that story! Eek, soft heart.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 5:14 am

jamesongerbil wrote:
ruveyn
Really? You actually went there? [/quote]

I will go anywhere for a laugh.

ruveyn

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 8:59 am

The Japanese people have reacted with great dignity,resourcefulness and humanity amid such devastation.I'll be thinking about them as
they try to recover as best they can.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 11:43 am

Quote:
Tsunami hits Japan after 8.8 magnitude Earthquake

thank goodness that the tsunami did not hit before the 8.8 magnitude quake, otherwise confusion would be reigning right now. there is always a silver lining to any story.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 11:53 am

pluto wrote:
The Japanese people have reacted with great dignity,resourcefulness and humanity amid such devastation.I'll be thinking about them as

I hope so too. The Japanese make great cars.

ruveyn

seaside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2011, 12:18 pm

The quake was upgraded to 9.0 since...

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 12:38 pm

Well at least's it's not typhoon season...

There's lot's of satellite imagery coming out now. All up and down the coast of Miyagi prefecture looks like the New Orleans area after Hurricane Katrina and lots of debris all through out the ocean nearby.

I've read that's Japan moved about 8 feet from this event and the coast-line has sunk slightly.
One of the volcanoes in southern Japan is showing some activity, but it might be unrelated, for now.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:03 pm

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com ... zO7kjeY%3D

This is something only Americans could do.....
I know not every American is an idiot like these guys.
But this?
This is just ridicules.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:07 pm

Tias wrote:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_li0bpmv7Du1qc4bfro1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1300131669&Signature=PXKFPmRbzho%2BEgj1PLtXzO7kjeY%3D

You know every American is not ignorant, yet only Americans are this ignorant? Do you not see how idiotic and contradictory that is? Anyways, this is really unfortunate and it really pisses me off that people would cheapen a tragedy into some act of karma. RIP to them and I hope those who are wounded can make a smooth recovery.

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:25 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Tias wrote:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_li0bpmv7Du1qc4bfro1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1300131669&Signature=PXKFPmRbzho%2BEgj1PLtXzO7kjeY%3D

You know every American is not ignorant, yet only Americans are this ignorant? Do you not see how idiotic and contradictory that is? Anyways, this is really unfortunate and it really pisses me off that people would cheapen a tragedy into some act of karma. RIP to them and I hope those who are wounded can make a smooth recovery.

Please try to read what i said a BIT more clearly.

This is something only Americans could do.
But i'm not saying EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN PERSON ALIVE does it. So shut it.

Basicly it's no surprise that this is coming from Americans, but i never said every american is like this.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

Tias wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Tias wrote:

Basicly it's no surprise that this is coming from Americans, but i never said every american is like this.
There you go again. Cheapening a tragedy into an act of karma isn't exclusively an American thing. And you wrote two sentences, so attacking my reading comprehension makes no sense at all. I get it, not every single American is like that but the fact that you say it's only something Americans are capable of makes your disclaimer obsolete. The whole concept of cheapening a tragedy into an act of karma for historical injustices can apply to anyone.

Oh, and sorry you got butthurt cuz I called you out on your broken logic but I'm not gonna shut it whenever I see that type of s**t.

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 4:20 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Tias wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Tias wrote:

There you go again. Cheapening a tragedy into an act of karma isn't exclusively an American thing. And you wrote two sentences, so attacking my reading comprehension makes no sense at all. I get it, not every single American is like that but the fact that you say it's only something Americans are capable of makes your disclaimer obsolete. The whole concept of cheapening a tragedy into an act of karma for historical injustices can apply to anyone.

Oh, and sorry you got butthurt cuz I called you out on your broken logic but I'm not gonna shut it whenever I see that type of sh**.

I can't think or other contries that has people who'd write stuff like that.
Maybe besides Nazis.
Whenever i hear something stupid has happend in America, it does not surprise me.
So say what you want, call my logic broken, i don't see it that way. And we could argue all day long about this and not get a single step forward.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 5:35 pm

Not only meltdown in that reactor, but initiation of nuclear chaos happening in other facilities, as well. And the barriers for the nuclear material of the facilities do not have surrounding absorption materials, due to being such old models, which means that this could unfold similarly as it did with Chernobyl.

There was also a seismologist on the Swedish discussion program 'Agenda' that said that it's not impossible that another quake of similar or even bigger magnitude *could* happen.

And now a volcano in southern Japan also is showing some activity. -_-

You begin to ask if Japan might be wiped out, entirely. :/ It did come from the sea, in the distant past, from volcanic eruptions, after all... maybe the other way around could happen. Considering so many old or ancient prophecies that match up for this time in history, including the Mayan calendar that matches up with the times for the Hindu prophecy, and then maybe also the Hopi Indian prophecy, and scientific facts such as the "galactic alignment" that will be happening next year, you begin to wonder. There are just so many things that match up.... and I know how this may sound to many, but regardless, I felt I had to have it said.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 6:30 pm

ruveyn wrote:
pluto wrote:

I hope so too. The Japanese make great cars.

ruveyn

And great video games and TV anime.

Damn you, Mother Nature!

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 6:37 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:
There are just so many things that match up.... and I know how this may sound to many, but regardless, I felt I had to have it said.

To be clear, it was just a thought, of course, that I obviously do not hope will happen.... just spoke my mind, really. It's not impossible, scientifically.

I do not want to stir up any emotions.... just getting a bit concerned when my favourite country ends up in such turmoil, in a very peculiar point in time.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 7:48 pm

:( they're estimating around 40 to 50k possible dead. Several small cities and towns were completely wiped out and they cant find most of their residents..one town hasn't been heard from at all and its underwater...it happened to be right next to the quake center and on the coastline.