Scientist finds Autism caused by diet (and vaccines, again!)

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 6:01 am

Here's a list of autistic (some undiagnosed) people in my family and their diets:

- Dad, mostly rice and overcooked vegetables, loves pork and chicken and tofu, doesn't eat bread or seafood
-Brother, mostly bread, eggs and fresh vegetables, doesn't eat rice or meat, will eat seafood
- Me, will eat anything, love fresh veggies, eggs, all kinds of meat and exotic food, do not eat rice or most junk food
- Mom, eats copious amount of fruit and veggies everyday (like 10+ servings), little grains, little meat or seafood, no junk food at all, would not eat chicken or beef.
- DS1, loves bread, rice, dairy, meat and fresh veggies, does not eat seafood and drinks only water and milk
- DS2, loves bread, tolerate some dairy and meat, eats little fresh stuff, likes candies and juice

So, I don't know about diet. If you put all of us together the only thing we'll all have might be plain water. And nobody smoke, drink or eats much junk food at all. The only thing I can agree with is improving nutrition usually does help with some symptoms. After all a healthy kids can tolerate more stress and less likely to have tantrums. I know my personality became a bit more mellow after I improved my diet and gained some weight. No way there's any cure, though. I'm Chinese, and Chinese people always say eating sesame seeds can darken your hair. But no amount of sesame seeds can turn a blonde person dark haired, because they're born with it and it's not due to a nutritional deficiency (a severely under-nourished Asian can have blonde hair). :)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

I have begun to believe with horror that this is a government conspiracy in North America, scaring parents into not getting their children vaccinated so that they can contract life-threatening diseases to reduce the population, the same reason they're withholding the vaccines for cancer and HIV. It makes sense since we're on the verge of a 2nd Great Depression, food prices have become ridiculously expensive, and there are so many jobless, homeless people that North American society sees as utterly worthless and completely at fault for their state of living. They want only rich young people to survive and there are fewer people like that than ever. They only care about themselves and money, not about us. :(
They want to world to end, and only the strong and RICH will survive. :x I am not rich nor strong, so... goodbye.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 9:04 pm

My rebuttal to this finding: O RLY?

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 4:37 pm

Dear y-pod, Is this true about malnourishment causing anAsian person's hair to turn blonde? Years ago I saw a picture of an African baby in a famine, his hair came in white,I didn't know if this was real or a faked picture. Where could I look this up; in addition, would this degree of malnourishment cause irrevocable brain damage and/or permanently stunt a child's growth? Thank you, Sylkat

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 3:24 am

Yes it can. Although the malnutrition need to be severe. And the so called "blonde" hair would not be shiny or nice looking. It'll be thin, brittle and dry looking. There used to be a famous Chinese show called "white haired girl", about a girl who went into hiding to escape forced marriage. She lived alone in deep mountains, eating mostly roots and berries, eventually her hair turned all white. Of course that might be dramatized for the story, but it can happen.

You can look up on "protein energy malnutrition" to get more information. I've never personally seen anyone whose hair changed that way. Only some people whose hair seems dry and brown instead of shiny and black. But then I've never experienced a famine while growing up.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictio ... lnutrition

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 1:54 am

Dear y-pod, thank you very much for the information, especially the link...Sylkat :)

N0tYetDeadFred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

I travel to Honduras and the same thing can be seen there...although in Honduras the locals attribute the lighter hair to a lack of mother's milk.

Another interesting fact: they are descended from Mayans, who are now believed to have been Chinese descendants...

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I have begun to believe with horror that this is a government conspiracy in North America, scaring parents into not getting their children vaccinated so that they can contract life-threatening diseases to reduce the population, the same reason they're withholding the vaccines for cancer and HIV. It makes sense since we're on the verge of a 2nd Great Depression, food prices have become ridiculously expensive, and there are so many jobless, homeless people that North American society sees as utterly worthless and completely at fault for their state of living. They want only rich young people to survive and there are fewer people like that than ever. They only care about themselves and money, not about us. :(
They want to world to end, and only the strong and RICH will survive. :x I am not rich nor strong, so... goodbye.

Well look at it this way, it seems right now the only thing about this second Great Depression that is missing, Mental Aslyums, they existed since the start of the 20th Century, more so that in this neck of the woods, we are bound to this re-surface probably when most in the Autism Spectrum and those with Aspergers will find them selves back in those horrible places with the likelyhood of being killed instead, weither by new medications or the dreaded Labatimy treatment, that may re-surface, then we will see human rights protesters and a likely soon to be Civil War in our own country.

Green89tom
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2011, 11:38 pm

Jesus is coming. :D

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 1:37 am

This thing about the gut and autism sounded at first a bit like the work of Wakefield to me, I have looked on line and I have found the following web site associated with Natasha Campbell-McBride which is at http://gaps.me/preview/?page_id=35

I have done the standard search on the web of knowlege for the name "Campbell-McBride" and the word autism in the title, abstract and keywords. I have found one paper which is from back in 1972 by a M. Campbell-McBride. The lady says that she graduated in 1984 so I very much doubt if the paper is associated with her.

The fact that she has published nothing on the subject of autism in the peer reviewed press does suggest to me that she has not found something new. I would have thought that anyone who finds both the cause and cure of autism would want to publish details of it in a serious journal. While looking at her on line writing I noticed that she cites Andrew Wakefield, using his work to support her ideas. If anyone feels the urge to read it (long) then go and have a look at http://gaps.me/preview/?page_id=20

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:10 am

Phonic wrote:
Dear Natasha

Your faithful student
Twilight Sparkle.

That's ad hominem, but it does highlight the point that it's a hot air opinion and nothing else.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:11 am

Green89tom wrote:
Jesus is coming. :D

What?

Samarda
Raven
Raven

05 Oct 2011, 4:44 pm

And another scientist just recently found out that blindness is caused by squirrels and chocolate chip cookies