Delia Smith vows never to make another TV cookery programme

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 5:28 am

Quote:
Delia Smith vows never to make another cookery programme
  • Delia Smith has said she will never make another television programme because she was fed up with having to “entertain” rather than teach people how to cook.
Her announcement, at the age of 71, marks the end of a television career that spanned more than 40 years and introduced at least two generations to cooking, from a basic boiled egg to the delights of oven-roasted tilapia (a fish).

Smith made her announcement while demonstrating a new line of baking tins at a trade show in Birmingham. She said she was still passionate about teaching people how to cook but wanted to do it via online tutorials, not television.

“This is the future for me and the population. It’s miles ahead. If you do a TV programme now, it’s got to entertain,” she said.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 5:58 am

Good!

Im fed up of food food food on TV. Its no wonder we have 30% obesity here.

Even I fancy a heart stopping burger after man v's food sometimes.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2013, 8:00 am

HURRAHH ! !! !!

I could never stand the woman, not that i ever watch any tv .. zilch the last twenty years ....

She's prob right tho, its her tv bosses and producers and controllers she needs to be telling.

I think increasingly there are many 'behind the scene' bods in UK tv that are total tossers.

What she needs to be doing is showing poor ppl how to survive on next to nowt.......(by the time I've bought my scratch cards, cider and fags theres nothing left for food).