motorcycle confiscated for reckless riding

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 6:37 pm

I wish more motorcycles were confiscated for this reason.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/mot ... otage.html

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 12:23 am

Reckless riding is the primary reason I've had any exercise this year, not that I do so with a motor between my feet but when I'm not programming, I'm bmx'ing.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 12:28 am

cberg wrote:
Reckless riding is the primary reason I've had any exercise this year, not that I do so with a motor between my feet but when I'm not programming, I'm bmx'ing.

Nothing wrong with BMX I had a roomie back in the 70's who was making money doing BMX races before he came into Army. But being reckless with a motor endangers the lives of others.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 3:37 am

For the most part I can agree, my state's drivers are awful and I wish the license tests were harder, my mom would probably never forgive me if I bought a motorbike (she nixed those until I'm 25), but 80mpg would buy me all the coffee I need until I'm 6 feet under anyway...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 9:32 am

cberg wrote:
For the most part I can agree, my state's drivers are awful and I wish the license tests were harder, my mom would probably never forgive me if I bought a motorbike (she nixed those until I'm 25), but 80mpg would buy me all the coffee I need until I'm 6 feet under anyway...

I just bout a little 49cc scooter which is fine for me in this little village. I can walk anywhere I need to go within 5 minutes, so the scooter is just to go to lake, gym and library. If I need to go to the sprawling metropolis I just get a ride from sister, maybe once a month, if that. Too many of motorcycle maniacs running around here.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 10:23 am

khaoz wrote:
cberg wrote:

I just bout a little 49cc scooter which is fine for me in this little village. I can walk anywhere I need to go within 5 minutes, so the scooter is just to go to lake, gym and library. If I need to go to the sprawling metropolis I just get a ride from sister, maybe once a month, if that. Too many of motorcycle maniacs running around here.

I used to be something of a maniac in my youth on motorcycles. I've had several superbikes over the years 1000 CC plus. The best bike I ever had was a Kawasaki Z1300, It was 1300 CC had six cylinders and the acceleration used to rip my arms from their sockets if I didn't position myself right on the bike. Also had an RX1000 and cruised along at around 140 mph. Nobody ever overtook me. How times have changed. Nowadays I tootle around in a little white van, rarely exceeding 50 mph, now everyone overtakes me instead. :lol: I'm content just to drive steadily and enjoy the views of the countryside as I go. There is usually a tail of traffic behind me waiting to overtake me, including trucks - sometimes they blast their horn trying to persuade me to go faster, but I ignore them and carry on at 50 mph.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 11:24 am

Responsible riders are fine, but the ones who have no respect for others on the road and endanger the lives of other motorists have no business on a bike. I understand the riskiness of youth but there is a difference between risky and crazy. Too many people these days doing whatever they have to do on bikes and off just to get some views on youtube.