Bobbi Kristina Another life lost to that nasty drug Heroin!

Page 2 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 12:21 am

cathylynn wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Carl_m wrote:
So easy to condemn people! If opiates are not for you, then you are lucky, they do nothing for me either. But for some it is a different matter. I have heard it described as the best hug ever. He recently died in its embrace. Did he deserve it? Maybe he even desired not to come back. Life can loose its appeal at times, a notion I am all too familiar with and probably also familiar to many here from the posts I've seen. Have some compassion for people who deal with their pain in a way that may seem strange to you, their pain is as valid as yours!

I have never in my life heard anyone describe heroin as the best hug ever!! ! ! Where does this come from? I have only ever heard it described as a horrible experience never to be had again and I heard this from people who liked drugs , not the anti drug people who tell everyone, don't take this, don't take that! It would be great if that message could still get out. Don't waste your time with a sucky drug! It will paralyze you then kill you! I have taken percoset and vicodin in the past, neither do that.
It's not like the stuff you get from the doctor, as in percoset, percodan and vicodin. The stuff from the doctor does help get rid of physical pain but heroin just messes with your mind and body so you cannot move. How can that be fun? You spend so much time in that state. I've heard people say they absolutely despise that feeling. It's completely false to ever say it's like a big hug. That's just a very recent thing I have heard. Not one person ever said it when I was a teenager in the eighties. The ones who are saying that are romanticising a crappy drug. Just because it's an opiate doesn't mean it's going to make you feel great. Please do not assume heroin is like these others.

my ex-fiance tried heroin in viet nam. he said the feeling was so good he was afraid to do it twice lest he get hooked.

The first time you try it is supposed to be the best but it's like, very short lived, as in something like a few seconds - that short - then it's replaced by the paranoia and paralysis and you are stuck and all the other times it's that except you're addicted to it so if you decide you want to stop, you start feeling physically ill. So you are stuck with that crappy high in order not to experience the withdrawal, see? It's not because the high is good. This is why it was so unpopular. No one ever said, hey it feels great to me. All they ever talked about was what it does to your body and mind, as in, not being able to move and your mind becomes incredibly paranoid while you can't and it's very distressing. So, you only get a very short, short time to experience what might be described as a positive and then it's that immobile state with the messed up mind and that's what they remembered most about it. It was like they couldn't even remember anything good at all because they were so messed up. I was told it was terrible for the mind. Just not good. It's not like the percosets and vicodins. It's must stronger or something, to the point it's really uncomfortable and distressing. People think, it's an opiate it can never be bad but anything is bad if it's too strong. You do not get the good effects then. That's what heroin is, too strong to get the good effects.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 12:25 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Carl_m wrote:
So easy to condemn people! If opiates are not for you, then you are lucky, they do nothing for me either. But for some it is a different matter. I have heard it described as the best hug ever. He recently died in its embrace. Did he deserve it? Maybe he even desired not to come back. Life can loose its appeal at times, a notion I am all too familiar with and probably also familiar to many here from the posts I've seen. Have some compassion for people who deal with their pain in a way that may seem strange to you, their pain is as valid as yours!

I have never in my life heard anyone describe heroin as the best hug ever!! ! ! Where does this come from? I have only ever heard it described as a horrible experience never to be had again and I heard this from people who liked drugs , not the anti drug people who tell everyone, don't take this, don't take that! It would be great if that message could still get out. Don't waste your time with a sucky drug! It will paralyze you then kill you! I have taken percoset and vicodin in the past, neither do that.
It's not like the stuff you get from the doctor, as in percoset, percodan and vicodin. The stuff from the doctor does help get rid of physical pain but heroin just messes with your mind and body so you cannot move. How can that be fun? You spend so much time in that state. I've heard people say they absolutely despise that feeling. It's completely false to ever say it's like a big hug. That's just a very recent thing I have heard. Not one person ever said it when I was a teenager in the eighties. The ones who are saying that are romanticising a crappy drug. Just because it's an opiate doesn't mean it's going to make you feel great. Please do not assume heroin is like these others.

my ex-fiance tried heroin in viet nam. he said the feeling was so good he was afraid to do it twice lest he get hooked.

The first time you try it is supposed to be the best but it's like, very short lived, as in something like a few seconds - that short - then it's replaced by the paranoia and paralysis and you are stuck and all the other times it's that except you're addicted to it so if you decide you want to stop, you start feeling physically ill. So you are stuck with that crappy high in order not to experience the withdrawal, see? It's not because the high is good. This is why it was so unpopular. No one ever said, hey it feels great to me. All they ever talked about was what it does to your body and mind, as in, not being able to move and your mind becomes incredibly paranoid while you can't and it's very distressing. So, you only get a very short, short time to experience what might be described as a positive and then it's that immobile state with the messed up mind.

paranoia is not associated with opioids. might you be thinking of cocaine?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 12:30 am

cathylynn wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Carl_m wrote:

The first time you try it is supposed to be the best but it's like, very short lived, as in something like a few seconds - that short - then it's replaced by the paranoia and paralysis and you are stuck and all the other times it's that except you're addicted to it so if you decide you want to stop, you start feeling physically ill. So you are stuck with that crappy high in order not to experience the withdrawal, see? It's not because the high is good. This is why it was so unpopular. No one ever said, hey it feels great to me. All they ever talked about was what it does to your body and mind, as in, not being able to move and your mind becomes incredibly paranoid while you can't and it's very distressing. So, you only get a very short, short time to experience what might be described as a positive and then it's that immobile state with the messed up mind.

paranoia is not associated with opioids. might you be thinking of cocaine?

It was associated with heroin in the eighties until they started talking about it in warm fuzzy terms. Yes ma'am.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 12:49 am

i just reviewed opiate side effects no my doctors' website "medscape". paranoia is not even a rare symptom of opiates.

and then there's this:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001945.htm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 1:14 am

I can't help but to think that this young lady's addiction and death can be traced directly back to the example set by her parents.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 1:37 am

The laws are stricter now with narcotic prescriptions and it was in the news that people are now turning to heroin because its cheap and easy to get when they can't get prescription pain meds.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 8:06 am

cathylynn wrote:
i just reviewed opiate side effects no my doctors' website "medscape". paranoia is not even a rare symptom of opiates.

and then there's this:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001945.htm

Please read my posts! Heroin is not like the others hence it's Schedule 1. It's too strong to be a pleasant experience. It's like taking too much of one all at once. So you are not going to see the effects listed with the legal ones because if they had the same effects as heroin, they would be illegal as well...like heroin. It's illegal for a reason. So you are going to post a bunch of info on my thread that has nothing to do with the drug heroin. All "opiates" are not the same.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 8:09 am

nurseangela wrote:
The laws are stricter now with narcotic prescriptions and it was in the news that people are now turning to heroin because its cheap and easy to get when they can't get prescription pain meds.

Because they are led to believe all are the same even though prescription opiates are deadly too if you take enough of them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 8:19 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Because they are led to believe all are the same even though prescription opiates are deadly too if you take enough of them.
Everthing is deadly if you consume enough of it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 8:25 am

This thread is not to bash heroin users. It's to bash heroin because heroin deserves to be bashed.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 8:25 am

Fnord wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Everthing is deadly if you consume enough of it.

Yes but a lot of things aren't lied about.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 8:34 am

You can die from heroin first time you take it. Most can take something like vicodin, with a prescription and directions, without dieing.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 9:34 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Heroin is not like the others hence it's Schedule 1. It's too strong to be a pleasant experience.

I'm no heroin cheerleader but how can you know if it is unpleasant if you haven't tried it?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 9:42 am

androbot01 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Heroin is not like the others hence it's Schedule 1. It's too strong to be a pleasant experience.

I'm no heroin cheerleader but how can you know if it is unpleasant if you haven't tried it?

That's a very good question and I will give you an answer. It seems illogical, I have never tried heroin so how the hell would I ever know that it is such a horrible experience? The reason I know is because, believe it or not, at one time in my history, friends could be relied upon to give truthful information and wow, I trusted them and believed what they told me. Can you imagine? Actually trusting your friends to tell you the truth about something, to look out for you, to have your back? And, can you imagine someone actually believing what they say instead of thinking, well I have to find out for myself to know because they couldn't possibly know a thing.

Trust has been eroded and look at what's replaced it.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 9:53 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

That's a very good question and I will give you an answer. It seems illogical, I have never tried heroin so how the hell would I ever know that it is such a horrible experience? The reason I know is because, believe it or not, at one time in my history, friends could be relied upon to give truthful information and wow, I trusted them and believed what they told me. Can you imagine? Actually trusting your friends to tell you the truth about something, to look out for you, to have your back? And, can you imagine someone actually believing what they say instead of thinking, well I have to find out for myself to know because they couldn't possibly know a thing.

It's good that your friends had your back. Good friends are hard to find. Unfortunately no one has ever looked out for me, hence my lack of trust.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 9:56 am

androbot01 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

It's good that your friends had your back. Good friends are hard to find. Unfortunately no one has ever looked out for me, hence my lack of trust.

Part of the deal is, when someone does look out for you, you have to trust them enough to believe what they say. But, if you don't believe them, there is overwhelming evidence that heroin is a bad drug, period. Just look at the evidence. It speaks for itself. The actual heroin events should be enough for anyone to see through the lies, I hope.