Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 6:41 am

Article from The Guardian.

Only one person dead in the entire saga, from the beginning to the end. That's much better than I was expecting. It seems the Feds have learnt from previous experiences.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm

I was so happy to see this situation finally come to an end.

Yes, the Feds showed a lot of restraint, maybe even too much, but at least it ended well. Only one dead, by his own choice, was an amazing outcome in my opinion.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm

So much for sovereign citizen bullies who think they can walk over the rest of us.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 1:07 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
I was so happy to see this situation finally come to an end.

Yes, the Feds showed a lot of restraint, maybe even too much, but at least it ended well. Only one dead, by his own choice, was an amazing outcome in my opinion.

I guess there's still a few people left in federal law enforcement that remember the government having to actually pay Kevin Harris for killing one of them...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 5:12 pm

I'm from Oregon and like many Oregonians, I shouted "FINALLY" when it became breaking news.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

Inside the final hours of the standoff:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gettin ... ailsignout

I'm no liberal, but I really think the Bundys and their amen corner have hurt the cause of liberty and smaller govt FAR more than they have helped. Read the comments, people are thinking that the "loony right" is a joke. Coupled with the very weak GOP presidential field and Hillary's problems, I think that the 2016 election will drop into Bernie Sanders's hands. If Bernie wins, some on the right will take that as a cue to break out the "ammo box" and start a war.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 7:35 pm

pezar wrote:
Inside the final hours of the standoff:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gettin ... ailsignout

I'm no liberal, but I really think the Bundys and their amen corner have hurt the cause of liberty and smaller govt FAR more than they have helped. Read the comments, people are thinking that the "loony right" is a joke. Coupled with the very weak GOP presidential field and Hillary's problems, I think that the 2016 election will drop into Bernie Sanders's hands. If Bernie wins, some on the right will take that as a cue to break out the "ammo box" and start a war.

As a Bernie supporter, I can only hope. :D
As for the right rising up in armed rebellion over a Sanders Presidency - for those who'd try it, well, sedition is a federal crime. Personally though, most of those idiots are all talk. I recall how one of those cretins said the next time the feds laid siege to their kind, they'd be faced by a wave of militia types swarming over the hill. But when they showed up during a standoff with the "Just Us" group in Montana, those so called heroes were easily and peacefully dispersed. They ran home with their tails between their legs then, and I have no doubt most of them would again.