could this be true? could Trump have early-stage dementia?

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

is it plausible that Trump has early-stage dementia?
yes, I believe it. :idea: 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
no, insufficient data. :| 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
I dunno. :shrug: 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
I want some French vanilla ice cream! :chef: 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 16

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:01 pm

xenocity wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
with military chiefs admitting they will be insubordinate should he become their CIC, I wonder what the odds of some kind of coup d'état are in this case?

Nothing...

Every president has fired a few military officials.
I mean Truman fired McArthur for violating his orders (invading China).

what if president trump ordered the military to invade china [for example]?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
xenocity wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
with military chiefs admitting they will be insubordinate should he become their CIC, I wonder what the odds of some kind of coup d'état are in this case?

Nothing...

Well they'd probably wait for Congress to authorize it...

The U.S. Military hasn't rebelled since The War of 1812

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:06 pm

xenocity wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
xenocity wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Nothing...

Well they'd probably wait for Congress to authorize it...

The U.S. Military hasn't rebelled since The War of 1812

i'm not putting such past either party.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Jun 2016, 9:06 pm

Congress very rarely has a say in things, nothing in our constitution authorizes most of the things our government or military does. The last time this country declared war was WWII.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:11 pm

Yes, there was no formal declaration of the subsequent wars the USA engaged in, such as Vietnam and the invasion of Iraq after 9/11.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Congress very rarely has a say in things, nothing in our constitution authorizes most of the things our government or military does. The last time this country declared war was WWII.

Most military conflicts were authorized by a UN Security Council resolution or by an act of Congress.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 83 authorized the U.S. and allies to use all means to liberate South Korea from North Korea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... olution_83

The Vietnam War was formally authorized by Congress by the Gulf of Tonkin resolution on August 10, 1964
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Resolution
This gave LBJ full permission to wage war against Vietnam.

Most U.S. military actions around the world since WWII are due to UN missions.
The rest are done by military resolutions from Congress such as Vietnam and Iraq.
Some are done by NSA/CIA as intelligence missions, but are confused as military operations.

Under the War Powers act, The president must notify the Congress with his intent to commit limited military action aboard.
The President has 30 days of limited military action, which he then must seek Congressional approval.
Congress has the authority to stop the action.

He doesn't have the authority to invade a country or commit large military operations.

The difference between UN resolution, resolution of Congress, and a declaration of war are simple.

UN Resolutions and Congressional resolutions do not give the president power to enact a draft, put the economy and companies under government control, have the power to issue labor regulations, domestic police powers, curfews, suspension of civil liberties and price controls.

Declaration of War gives the president all those powers and more domestically.
He also doesn't have to repeatedly go to congress for Reauthorization.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:33 pm

> Could This Be True? Could Trump Have Early-Stage Dementia?

As opposed to Hillary's late-stage dementia? :lol:

There Are Four Lights!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:37 pm

A UN resolution is not a legal way of waging war

if they could convince congress to invade Iraq based on complete BS, we can convince them to bring troops home

I am not worried, most Americans support my view on things. Lets see them stop Trump from doing things, he is the commander-in-chief and if congress wants to declare war to put troops in this country then go for it but they wont.

you are arguing for more war and interventionism, Americans don't want war but rather investment our own country

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:43 pm

With respect, he isn't commander-in chief yet. Amen to that, I would say..

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:49 pm

Jacoby wrote:
A UN resolution is not a legal way of waging war

if they could convince congress to invade Iraq based on complete BS, we can convince them to bring troops home

I am not worried, most Americans support my view on things. Lets see them stop Trump from doing things, he is the commander-in-chief and if congress wants to declare war to put troops in this country then go for it but they wont.

you are arguing for more war and interventionism, Americans don't want war but rather investment our own country

As usual you don't know what Americans want.

Americans cannot agree on anything other than they are mad at Obama for not intervening in Syria, allowing Russia to take over.

UN is legal on all the countries who ratified the charter.

The conservatives are investing in this country by finding cheaper labor for businesses, cheaper resources for businesses, giving them tax cuts and tax credits.
They are helping by encouraging companies to outsource jobs.

When companies have profit, they invest it at home.
When Wall Street is making money they invest it at home
When the rich are making money and paying less taxes, they will invest at home.

It's like you don't know what conservative values are...

If Democrats get their way, companies will be bankrupt by paying Americans to do work and paying benefits.
If Democrats get their way the rich will pay their fair share of taxes
If Democrats get their way Rich and companies will lose their tax cuts and tax credits
If Democrats get their way they will fund education, science, infrastructure and other programs that are ruining American and the South.

This will destroy the economy, bankrupt the rich and companies, stop Wall Street, etc.... leading to more Americans out of work in low paying jobs!

Do you really want that? Because it sounds like you do!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:50 pm

B19 wrote:

You would much prefer Trump to Hillary

if you like Hillary expect more of the same; the invasion of Iraq, the overthrow Gaddafi, the arming of an islamist army that became ISIS to fight against a supposed dictator that poses ZERO threat to the US

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 9:59 pm

Darmok wrote:
> Could This Be True? Could Trump Have Early-Stage Dementia?

As opposed to Hillary's late-stage dementia? :lol:

billary surely has other serious but hidden health ails, but dementia isn't one of them.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 10:08 pm

Jacoby wrote:
B19 wrote:

if you like Hillary expect more of the same; the invasion of Iraq, the overthrow Gaddafi, the arming of an islamist army that became ISIS to fight against a supposed dictator that poses ZERO threat to the US

You suppose my preferences inaccurately, Jacoby. IMO, Trump has a very severe case of a full blown Cluster B personality disorder, to such a pronounced extent that I regard him as so disordered and unpredictable as to pose the greater danger to the American public and the world than any previous candidate for the USA presidency at any time.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm

B19 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
B19 wrote:

You suppose my preferences inaccurately, Jacoby. IMO, Trump has a very severe case of a full blown Cluster B personality disorder, to such a pronounced extent that I regard him as so disordered and unpredictable as to pose the greater danger to the American public and the world than any previous candidate for the USA presidency at any time.

Psychoanalyzing Trump like that is just silly and not a real argument. Do you support the war in Iraq? Do you support nation building or 'humanitarian wars'? Do you think it was a good idea to overthrow Gaddafi? Do you think arming Islamists was a good idea? How about brinkmanship with Russia? Overall do you support the foreign policy of the United States?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 10:25 pm

It will be dismissed as "just silly" by his supporters, because that's not how they see Trump. What else I support is irrelevant. I know the characteristics of NPD in great depth.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 10:38 pm

B19 wrote:
It will be dismissed as "just silly" by his supporters, because that's not how they see Trump. What else I support is irrelevant. I know the characteristics of NPD in great depth.

Forgive me for not taking your psychoanalysis thru the lens of a biased media 7000 miles away as anything but silly, I care about the issues and even on a personal level the Clinton's are terrible terrible people who belong in prison.