At least 15 Dead in anti disabled knife attack in Japan

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:41 pm

Knife Attack Kills at Least 15 in Tokyo Suburb

Quote:
According to reports in the Japanese news media, the man was a former employee of the facility and broke into the building through a window, carrying a bag of knives and screaming, “All the handicapped should disappear!”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:52 pm

You wouldn't know about this if you only got news from TV. Everything only has the DNC on.
Also will they need knife control now?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm

Lots of crazies coming out lately.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm

Yikes! >.<

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 9:27 pm

The Japanese culture looks upon disability with shame
"Japanese consider someone different an outcast, a source of shame," said Naotaka Kumeta, a 25-year-old man who lives in the city of Shizuoka and uses a wheelchair. "People think it shameful that I (having a disability) like to go out and about. They say, 'Remember, you're handicapped!' "
http://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/07/world ... abled.html

So of course the Japanese lock the disabled up in places like the one where they were sitting ducks for this killer

Lets hope Donald Trump doesn't make it fashionable to hammer down the disabled on his path to make "America great again" that type of culture makes it easy to vilify people with disabilities

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 12:02 am

Dillogic wrote:
Lots of crazies coming out lately.

Indeed. Apparently the rest of the world decided that the American monopoly on sensational crime has lasted long enough...

- Rick Sanchez

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 12:36 am

Quote:
Lets hope Donald Trump doesn't make it fashionable to hammer down the disabled on his path to make "America great again" that type of culture makes it easy to vilify people with disabilities

:arrow: Too late ...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 12:43 am

19 dead 25 wounded 20 seriously. Facility housed psychically and mentally disabled. Suspect had written a letter to Parlement calling for the euthanasia of the severly disabled with consent of guardians.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 8:15 am

This was very preventable. Anybody who publicly threatens to commit mass murder should be kept locked up for a very long time, not weeks or months. They should only be released after mental health professionals are 100% confident that the person no longer poses a threat to society.

Quote:
UPDATE: Suspect threatened mass killings in letter

According to the city government of Sagamihara, where Uematsu’s house is located, he told other staffers of Tsukui Yamayurien on Feb. 18 this year, “I will undertake the mass murder of heavily disabled people at any time if I receive an order from the central government.”

On Feb. 19, the Tsukui Police Station, which had been notified about the threat from the facility, questioned Uematsu. At that time, he made the same threat.

Police reported the case to the Sagamihara city government on the basis of the Mental Health Law. The city government forced Uematsu to submit to mandatory hospitalization after undergoing a medical examination.

On Feb. 20, the hospital detected the presence of marijuana in Uematsu's blood and urine tests.

The hospital discharged Uematsu on March 2, saying that his symptoms had eased. At that time, he submitted a report to the hospital, which said, “I will live with my family after leaving the hospital."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 8:30 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
This was very preventable. Anybody who publicly threatens to commit mass murder should be kept locked up for a very long time, not weeks or months. They should only be released after mental health professionals are 100% confident that the person no longer poses a threat to society.

Quote:

According to the city government of Sagamihara, where Uematsu’s house is located, he told other staffers of Tsukui Yamayurien on Feb. 18 this year, “I will undertake the mass murder of heavily disabled people at any time if I receive an order from the central government.”

On Feb. 19, the Tsukui Police Station, which had been notified about the threat from the facility, questioned Uematsu. At that time, he made the same threat.

Police reported the case to the Sagamihara city government on the basis of the Mental Health Law. The city government forced Uematsu to submit to mandatory hospitalization after undergoing a medical examination.

On Feb. 20, the hospital detected the presence of marijuana in Uematsu's blood and urine tests.

The hospital discharged Uematsu on March 2, saying that his symptoms had eased. At that time, he submitted a report to the hospital, which said, “I will live with my family after leaving the hospital."

Eugenics is still quite acceptable in Japan

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 12:02 am

In the US it is not politically correct so we have to use more acceptable words to do what people want

CRISPR May Work On Way More Diseases Than We Thin

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2016, 2:43 am

cyberdad wrote:
"Japanese consider someone different an outcast, a source of shame," said Naotaka Kumeta, a 25-year-old man who lives in the city of Shizuoka and uses a wheelchair. "People think it shameful that I (having a disability) like to go out and about. They say, 'Remember, you're handicapped!' "

So of course the Japanese lock the disabled up in places like the one where they were sitting ducks for this killer

Even after the US detonated the atomic bombs, the injured were categorically shunned as being a shameful blight on the embodiment of Japanese might. Radiation burns were weakness and Japan had no tolerance for weakness. 8O

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 2:20 am

The_Dark_Citadel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Even after the US detonated the atomic bombs, the injured were categorically shunned as being a shameful blight on the embodiment of Japanese might. Radiation burns were weakness and Japan had no tolerance for weakness. 8O

Read Carolyn James' "Disability in Japan"
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=xZ ... ty&f=false

It's quite an eye opener on the Japanese cultural attitude toward disability (and pretty much anything that doesn't conform to their world view)