Attack at Ohio State University injures 9, suspect dead

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 12:45 pm

Suspect Shot Dead After Stabbing Multiple People at Ohio State University

Quote:
A suspect was shot dead by police after he allegedly plowed into pedestrians with a car and then stabbed multiple people with a butcher's knife at the Ohio State University campus in Columbus, Ohio, this morning, the university said. The scene is now secure, officials say.

At least nine people were transported to local hospitals, officials said.

OSU said in a statement that the "injuries include stab wounds, injury by motor vehicle and other injuries that are being evaluated." The university added that "facts are still being verified."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 28 Nov 2016, 1:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 1:18 pm

Ohio ... so, maybe, Amish terrorists?

There Are Four Lights!

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 1:22 pm

They're bussed or flown-in to every state.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:48 pm

That stupid a$$hole; because of him, nativist knuckle draggers will use this as an excuse to accuse all Muslim refugees, and brown and black skinned immigrants, of being potential terrorists. :x

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:52 pm

Arrgh
Memories of the 60's and song about Kent State, with refrain
3 dead in OHIO.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Nov 2016, 4:59 pm

Somalian refugees have a caused a lot of issues, it should be a warning sign to anyone that wants to bring in hundreds of thousands or millions of refugees from the most backward parts of the planet. Fighting age males should not be allowed in, sorry.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 5:02 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Somalian refugees have a caused a lot of issues, it should be a warning sign to anyone that wants to bring in hundreds of thousands or millions of refugees from the most backward parts of the planet. Fighting age males should not be allowed in, sorry.

Plenty of young men of fighting age want to flee for their lives, in order to live a long, happy life, too.

ResilientBrilliance
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2016, 5:03 pm

I was surprised to hear that the suspect was fatally shot. Usually either the suspect of mass school shooting kills himself or is arrested. I just looked up the guy who went on a killing spree at an elementary school, and he died from a self inflicted gunshot wound. Can anyone think of a school shooter who has been killed by the police? I don't want to jump to any conclusions

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 5:05 pm

The car-and-knife attacker has been identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan, an OSU student and immigrant from Somalia. Early reports that he might be Amish have not been confirmed.

An 18-year-old Somali student was behind an attack involving a car and butcher knife on the campus of Ohio State University Monday that left nine people injured, officials said.

After the attacker, identified by authorities as first-year student Abdul Razak Ali Artan, plowed his vehicle into the crowd, officials said he got out of the vehicle and began attacking people with a butcher knife before he was shot and killed by a campus police officer.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/28/de ... state.html

Interestingly, Nobel Peace Prize winner Barack Obama recently intensified his bombing of yet another third world country, to wit, Somalia. No Congressional authorization for bombing Somalia. I guess it's good to be king.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/27/us/po ... malia.html

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 5:08 pm

Darmok wrote:
The car-and-knife attacker has been identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan, an OSU student and immigrant from Somalia. Early reports that he might be Amish have not been confirmed.

An 18-year-old Somali student was behind an attack involving a car and butcher knife on the campus of Ohio State University Monday that left nine people injured, officials said.

After the attacker, identified by authorities as first-year student Abdul Razak Ali Artan, plowed his vehicle into the crowd, officials said he got out of the vehicle and began attacking people with a butcher knife before he was shot and killed by a campus police officer.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/28/de ... state.html

Interestingly, Nobel Peace Prize winner Barack Obama recently intensified his bombing of yet another third world country, to wit, Somalia. No Congressional authorization for bombing Somalia. I guess it's good to be king.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/27/us/po ... malia.html

Obama's predecessor often did the same without congressional approval.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Nov 2016, 5:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Plenty of young men of fighting age want to flee for their lives, in order to live a long, happy life, too.

There are other countries that they can go to. There are more than security issues with the Somalis, it's crime/health/cultural/etc as they simply have not been able to integrate. Net takers, not a good investment for this country. Most ISIS recruits from this country come from the Somalia community in Minneapolis, Muslim immigrants in the US are actually very well integrated for the most part in stark contrast to Europe but also as well as the Somali refugees. These Somalian refugees actually come from refugee camps in Kenya that Kenya is trying to shut down because of their connection to terrorist attacks in their country so it seems like the definition of insanity to invite these people in. We need grateful guests, we need people willing to integrate, we really don't need any more net-takers and unskilled immigration to this country.

Honestly I wouldn't allow any Somali immigration but women and children don't seem particularly threatening but in actuality it is the children that we have to worry about in coming years as well. It's not really a tenable situation to forever shutout fighting aged males so a broader brush might be needed. I only want immigrants that are willing and able to integrate and to leave behind any of their antiquated ways. Why should we invite the people who have ruined their own country to ours, do you think they will treat ours any better? Do you think they will have any more respect for people of different beliefs if they didn't before?

Send them to Sweden instead! :roll:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 6:23 pm

We're having problems with Sudanese refugees, Carjackings, home invasions, people are buying baseball bats and sleeping with them under the bed just in case these thugs break in, and the loony left want more of them in. :evil:
The stupid judges let them out on bail to reoffend.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 6:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I agree look what's happening in Europe, They should be fighting to save their own country, instead they flee to western countries and attack and rape western women.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 7:05 pm

likely Jahidist attack

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-dead-after-ohio-state-university-car-knife-attack-n689076

Quote:
Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, wrote on what appears to be his Facebook page that he had reached a "boiling point" and made a reference to "lone wolf attacks."

"America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially Muslim Ummah (community). We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that," the post said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 7:13 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I agree look what's happening in Europe, They should be fighting to save their own country, instead they flee to western countries and attack and rape western women.

Yes I am sure the ones legitimately fleeing terrorism and Islamic extremism, flee here to then attack and rape people :roll: . Also 'their own country' is all but destroyed with an extremist Islamic state or whatever trying to establish itself there, how are they supposed to save it? They don't have any resources with which to live let alone adequately defend themselves. Forcing refugees to stay there is just giving the terrorists more victims to terrorize.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm

I think most mass shooters in the past few years or longer have been white males, thus we can logically deduct being white and male makes one likely to be a mass shooter. Right....? Clearly if one person in a demographic of people does something one should be suspicious of everyone in that demographic.... :roll: