Milo resigns from Breitbart over underage sex comments

Page 1 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2017, 9:10 pm

After being kicked off Twitter, Breitbart news was one of his few supportive outlets. You can hear what he said in this video (NSFW language):

@58:30

Quote:
Milo Yiannopoulos, the incendiary writer who helped make Breitbart News a leading organ of the alt-right, resigned from the news organization Tuesday after a video of him endorsing pedophilia resurfaced online over the weekend.

Yiannopoulos has been a flame-throwing provocateur whose writing has offended women, Muslims, blacks and gay people ever since former Breitbart executive chairman Stephen K. Bannon hired him as a senior editor in 2014.

Bannon, now President Trump’s senior adviser, championed the British-born Yiannopoulos’s inflammatory commentary and promoted him as a conservative truth-teller and champion of free speech. In turn, his popularity helped raise Breitbart’s profile among Trump’s supporters and the alt-right, a vaguely defined collection of nationalists, anti-immigration proponents and anti-establishment conservatives. Adherents of the alt-right are known for espousing racist, anti-Semitic and sexist points of view.

“Breitbart News has stood by me when others caved,” Yiannopoulos said in a statement announcing his resignation. “They have been a significant factor in my success.”

He clarifies his comments in a video in the source below
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... a8de631358

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 9:36 pm

It's weird to me that this video was out there all this time and just now resurfaced to bite him in the ass; it's like he shot himself in the foot months ago, but the bullet only just arrived.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2017, 2:25 am

Dox47 wrote:
It's weird to me that this video was out there all this time and just now resurfaced to bite him in the ass; it's like he shot himself in the foot months ago, but the bullet only just arrived.

Some of the articles I read made the mistake in saying it was a recently uploaded video.

I figure at the time it was released people dismissed his comments as typical controversial banter. But now that he's a more infamous person a year later those words were dug up and came back to bite him, like you said. I wasn't expecting this sort of reaction this time around, after reading the stuff he's posted in the past on Breitbart.

His apology sounded sincere enough, I still think he's still an awful troll, but at least he owned up to his mistake.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 2:34 am

He can apologize all he wants, but the right wing homophobes at CPAC will never take him back, as they've all convinced themselves that gays are all child molesters.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 2:38 am

Can someone post the time in the video where the offensive comments are made?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
He can apologize all he wants, but the right wing homophobes at CPAC will never take him back, as they've all convinced themselves that gays are all child molesters.

From parts of this video I heard and according to other stuff I've come across, trans-generational or intra-generational or whatever it's being called, is a thing within gay male culture. What you're talking about is not strictly a baseless phobia. It has some basis in fact.

I mean there's already adults encouraging children to choose from umpteen different genders and sexual orientation preferences. And saying anything critical about that is called phobic hate speech.

I suppose there are those wondering what the next accept it or else trend is going to be, regarding children.

I mean is this something kids came up with or was it adults coming up with it for them?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 6:00 am

Steve Bannon clearing out the proverbial SA stormtroopers who cleared the way (remember the head of the SA - Erns't Rohm was a fanatical supporter of Hitler but was executed for being gay when the time became convenient for Adolph)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 6:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
Steve Bannon clearing out the proverbial SA stormtroopers who cleared the way (remember the head of the SA - Erns't Rohm was a fanatical supporter of Hitler but was executed for being gay when the time became convenient for Adolph)

You certainly have quite a very detailed fascination with Nazi Germany. Has that been a special interest of yours for a long time?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Feb 2017, 7:51 am

Lets some some consistency on this maybe

George Takei, Lena Dunham, Roman Polanski, probably half of Hollywood all pedophiles/pedophile apologists

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 8:05 am

I really do think it's the next step in the liberal revolution in abolishing taboos. To have the age of consent gradually lowered.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 10:51 am

According to Milo, he wasn't talking about little boys, he was actually referring to teenagers under 18. It might be exploitative in nature (and definitely illegal), but I don't think its the same as pedophilia.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 11:20 am

MDD123 wrote:
According to Milo, he wasn't talking about little boys, he was actually referring to teenagers under 18. It might be exploitative in nature (and definitely illegal), but I don't think its the same as pedophilia.

I think it's age 13 and up. Apparently technically the term pedophile only refers to adults who like pre-pubescent children and there is some other term for adults who like kids who are 13 and older. I guess. I really don't feel like looking it up because it creeps me out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 12:55 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lets some some consistency on this maybe

George Takei, Lena Dunham, Roman Polanski, probably half of Hollywood all pedophiles/pedophile apologists

As I said, Dunham was just hardly more than a baby herself when she took a look at her little sister - hardly a pedophile.
And Mr. Sulu a pedophile?!?! I have never, ever heard anything remotely pedophilic from Takei.
And half of Hollywood? You righties really have it out for the movie biz, it seems!
Polanski is a real scumbag, and he should serve time for what he did.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 12:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

From parts of this video I heard and according to other stuff I've come across, trans-generational or intra-generational or whatever it's being called, is a thing within gay male culture. What you're talking about is not strictly a baseless phobia. It has some basis in fact.

I mean there's already adults encouraging children to choose from umpteen different genders and sexual orientation preferences. And saying anything critical about that is called phobic hate speech.

I suppose there are those wondering what the next accept it or else trend is going to be, regarding children.

I mean is this something kids came up with or was it adults coming up with it for them?

Are adults making the choice for kids, or are they just listening to their kids?
Trans people are trans from childhood on. Contrary to what conservatives think, being trans isn't just a choice or some form of mental illness.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 1:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And half of Hollywood? You righties really have it out for the movie biz, it seems!

This former child actor says Hollywood is filled with them:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Feb 2017, 1:09 pm

Elijah Wood also said the same

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... demic.html

it's kind of an open secret honestly, child abuse is rampant in the entertainment industry