Texans Protest Against Transphobic "Bathroom Bills"

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 12:49 am

cyberdad wrote:
Yet another example of social backwardness and sensitivity over what should be a basic human right (to use a public toilet). People who protest issues like this are masking an underlying prejudice and would probably like to see transsexuals not walk in public spaces

It can't just be limited to transsexuals. When you think of transsexual maybe you're thinking of Caitlyn Jenner. But a transexual/gender-fluid person can't always be that easily defined. Gender is a spectrum now so everyone must be included. Everyone. No more gender segregation of any kind anywhere under any circumstances. That's the battle that's been won.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:12 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Yet another example of social backwardness and sensitivity over what should be a basic human right (to use a public toilet). People who protest issues like this are masking an underlying prejudice and would probably like to see transsexuals not walk in public spaces

It can't just be limited to transsexuals. When you think of transsexual maybe you're thinking of Caitlyn Jenner. But a transexual/gender-fluid person can't always be that easily defined. Gender is a spectrum now so everyone must be included. Everyone. No more gender segregation of any kind anywhere under any circumstances. That's the battle that's been won.

Are the rights of Trans individuals to be ignored?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trans women identify as women, and so offer no threat to little girls. We have a friend who is trans, and neither my wife or I would feel uncomfortable with her in the same lady's room with our daughter. If anything, trans women could face danger using a men's room, risking assault or even murder.

How can you tell who a trans woman is? And why are you limiting to just trans women?
What about:
Agender
Androgynous
Bigender
Cisgender.
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transsexual Person
Two-Spirit

Which of these genders on the short list get included and which don't without it being discriminatory?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Why are you limiting it to just Trans individuals?

Last edited by EzraS on 24 Jul 2017, 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:30 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Trans women identify as women, and so offer no threat to little girls. We have a friend who is trans, and neither my wife or I would feel uncomfortable with her in the same lady's room with our daughter. If anything, trans women could face danger using a men's room, risking assault or even murder.

How can you tell who a trans woman is? And why are you limiting to just trans women?
What about:
Agender
Androgynous
Bigender
Cisgender.
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transsexual Person
Two-Spirit

Which of these genders on the short list get included and which don't without it being discriminatory?

Of course there's no reason why any of them should be discriminated against.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:33 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Why are you limiting it to just Trans individuals?

This whole sexual and gender orientationl rights movement is going to become a pandora's box. It's going to have a domino effect. It's not going to stop at just one thing or at just one level.

No one's rights should be violated.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What about:
Agender
Androgynous
Bigender
Cisgender.
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transsexual Person
Two-Spirit

So absolutely anyone should be able to use any restroom, dressing room area, locker room, bathhouse, spa whatever. See I'm not protesting, I'm just clarifying what this really means and includes. Just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:40 am

Actually Ezra raises a valid point. I think this is going to be a legal nightmare
But part of the problem is while Ezra can recognise the multitude of categories - the average "joe bloe" or "Jane bloe" just sees an ambiguous individual

I certainly don't think you make a male to female transgender use male bathrooms or be incarcerated in male prisons

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
Actually Ezra raises a valid point. I think this is going to be a legal nightmare
But part of the problem is while Ezra can recognise the multitude of categories - the average "joe bloe" or "Jane bloe" just sees an ambiguous individual

I certainly don't think you make a male to female transgender use male bathrooms or be incarcerated in male prisons

Prisons must be gender desegregated as well. There's too many types of genders and gender variants for there to be strictly male or female anything.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:57 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Prisons must be gender desegregated as well. There's too many types of genders and gender variants for there to be strictly male or female anything.

ummm no I don't think young females would be incarcerated with hardened male criminals.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:59 am

cyberdad wrote:

And just what is wrong with a person of ambiguous gender using the bathroom of their choice? Who does it harm to let people choose which bathroom they use? I mean, if I'm in a public restroom and someone comes in who looks ambiguous, it doesn't hurt or threaten me in any way. I wouldn't be afraid. I would just do what I came there to do, wash my hands and mind my own business as I always do. There is no reason to restrict restroom usage to people based on how they look--whatever your junk is or isn't, everybody occasionally has to take a pee and has a right to do so in whatever facility they feel comfortable in. Trying to regulate restroom usage by gender is ridiculous and only ignorant dinosaurs afraid of anything they don't understand (which is most things) try to do it. People trying to argue that public restrooms are suddenly going to be full of sex offenders because we're not properly regulating who uses which gendered room are scared of boogeymen and shadows, not real life. There's no horde of transgender sexual predators just waiting to get into the ladies room, and the idea is absurd and completely unfounded (as well as transphobic.)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

ummm no I don't think young females would be incarcerated with hardened male criminals.

There's to be no such thing as just male and female any longer. It's all or nothing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:28 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What about:
Agender
Androgynous
Bigender
Cisgender.
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transsexual Person
Two-Spirit

So absolutely anyone should be able to use any restroom, dressing room area, locker room, bathhouse, spa whatever. See I'm not protesting, I'm just clarifying what this really means and includes. Just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I don't know of a man, because the men's room is out of order, or because of a line and he really has to go, who hasn't used the lady's room. Recently when my wife was in the lady's room, a little girl's father had come in because the daughter had needed assistance. In such a case with even straight cis-men, there's no harm and no foul.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
How would any of you feel if you had a 12 year old daughter and a stranger who looks like Danny Trejo went into a restroom with her?

Trans women identify as women, so they are not there to rape little girls. Just to pee or poop.
There is a much greater chance of trans women being physically assaulted, or even killed, if they were to use a men's room.

How does anyone really know who is really what? And I just asked how someone would feel about it, because I was curious. Does someone have to look like a woman to identify as one? I mean take away the mustache, what's the difference? And remember it's not just trans man or trans woman. There's supposed to be 71 genders now. I'm not saying this to be anti trans. But the issue seems more complected than not.

I don't know of anyone who believes there are 71 genders.
As for who is to know who is really what - - most people are not rapists, and as there has been zero evidence that Trans people go to public restrooms to rape children, we can chalk that all up to Anti-Trans bigotry.
It must be remembered, one of the arguments against desegregation was that black men would use that as an opportunity to go into the lady's room to rape white women. Anti-Trans bills are no more than that.

Look up how many genders there are supposed to be. You're just not familiar with the multi-gender / gender-fluid movement because it's aimed at kids.

And is there no margin between someone simply feeling uncomfortable and raping children? So it's okay for a man to go into a restroom with little girls in it as long as he doesn't plan to rape any of them? Locker rooms too. As long as a man doesn't plan on committing rape, it shouldn't be a problem for a man to hang out in a woman's/girl's locker room. No rape, no issue. Desegregating gender completely is the goal of course.

If that transwomen were actually transgendered, meaning had a female psyche in a male body, then she likely would be no threat to little girls or other women...at least no more so than a biological, female gendered female is. However there are some people who identify as transgendered who are not really. I've mentioned this in a previous post; there's a particular male individual who identified as female and had made some Youtube videos, and it was revealed that he was actually a registered sex offender who had violently raped via sodomy a little boy. There are female sex offenders but they are an exceedingly small minority. They typically consist of women who are not pedophiles, but enablers, who's goal is to please a male companion, or women who commit statutory rape with their teenaged student or children's teenaged friends. Violent, penetrative rape or sexual assault for sexual purposes is exceedingly rare for females to commit. So being this man was born in a male body, and did something which is essentially the complete anti-thesis of femininity, I do not believe that man has a female psyche. Perhaps he would no longer be a threat if he were given sex "reassignment" surgery, but the psychological aspects of rapists run deep, and the underlying pathology can't be removed by superficial means entirely.

Obviously not all transwomen are actually rapists but I wanted to illustrate that not all people who claim to be transgendered are. It's very possible that this man posed as being a transwomen in hopes that it would make it easier for him to get closer to young children.

Also consider that the design of many restrooms is such that women are very vulnerable to attacks in them. This is likely one reason that some women tend to go to the restroom in pairs. At my university, the restrooms had to be entered through two doors, with a small room between the restroom and the hallway. I suppose the reason for this was privacy and to limit odors but it also effectively made the restrooms sound proof. To compound this, many of the restrooms did not have windows, and were narrow such that if someone entered, it would be difficult for those already inside to get by.

If women did not have to worry about being sexually assaulted by men then this restroom thing would be a non-issue. The controversy centers around people who were born male trying to access female restrooms and locker rooms, rather than people who were born female trying to access male restrooms and locker rooms for a reason. No one is worried about someone who was born female, and who claims to be male, sexually assaulting a man in the mensroom.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 3:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What about:
Agender
Androgynous
Bigender
Cisgender.
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transsexual Person
Two-Spirit

I don't know of a man, because the men's room is out of order, or because of a line and he really has to go, who hasn't used the lady's room. Recently when my wife was in the lady's room, a little girl's father had come in because the daughter had needed assistance. In such a case with even straight cis-men, there's no harm and no foul.

Exactly no more gender segregation of any kind. If some bearded homeless ex-convict wants to use either restroom in the children's section of the library that's his right. No argument from me. And I believe that has to be extended to anything else that's segregated as male or female in order for it to be consistent and fair.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 3:49 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What about:
Agender
Androgynous
Bigender
Cisgender.
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transsexual Person
Two-Spirit

Exactly no more gender segregation of any kind. If some bearded homeless ex-convict wants to use either restroom in the children's section of the library that's his right. No argument from me. And I believe that has to be extended to anything else that's segregated as male or female in order for it to be consistent and fair.

I never said common sense couldn't be exercised.