Deadly violence at white nationalist demonstration

Page 11 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 10:28 pm

NightEclipse wrote:
There wouldn't have been any violence if Antifa and Black Lives Matter hadn't shown up.

Yep and the fact the Nazis were armed to the teeth and then hunted in "wolf packs" on unsuspecting protestors long after the march was over, celebrated the death of a young girl and then threatened to kill more protestors in future is because....(please feel free to fill in this gap)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 11:49 pm

case in point
http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/08/2 ... firing-gun

Why are these people allowed to roam free?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 11:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Why are these people allowed to roam free?

They're white. That's why.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:19 am

NightEclipse wrote:
There wouldn't have been any violence if Antifa and Black Lives Matter hadn't shown up.

I really dislike Antifa but their would have been violence because those Nazis came looking to brawl to get noticed. They would have beat on the non BLM and Antifa counter protesters or if there no counter protesters anybody black or looked Jewish or gay to them.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 28 Aug 2017, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:52 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

I really dislike Antifa but their would have been violence because those Nazis came looking to brawl to get noticed. They would have beat on the non BLM and Antifa counter protesters or if there no counter protesters anybody black that looked Jewish or gay to them.

Reminds me of our right wingers in Australia. In 2005 they organised a riot in Cronulla beach in NSW (the infamous Cronulla riots). Their target was supposedly Lebonese men but they ended up bashing anyone who wasn't white unlucky enough to be in the vicinity.To this day none of those thugs were ever arrested.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 3:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

I really dislike Antifa but their would have been violence because those Nazis came looking to brawl to get noticed. They would have beat on the non BLM and Antifa counter protesters or if there no counter protesters anybody black or looked Jewish or gay to them.

Come on, that's pure conjecture.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 7:00 am

Orwell said that if fascism came to Britain, it would call itself anti-fascism.

Right insight, wrong country.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:56 am

Chichikov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

Come on, that's pure conjecture.

CHARLOTTESVILLE POLICE REFUSED TO PROTECT SYNAGOGUE FROM NAZIS, SO JEWISH COMMUNITY HIRED ARMED SECURITY FOR FIRST TIME
Quote:
The police department promised to provide “an observer” near the building but Zimmerman says it “was not kept” by the force, leaving the congregation vulnerable to assault as they worshipped.

“For half an hour, three men dressed in fatigues and armed with semi-automatic rifles stood across the street from the temple,” he wrote. “Had they tried to enter, I don’t know what I could have done to stop them, but I couldn’t take my eyes off them, either.”

Not only did armed protesters stand across from the synagogue, but neo-Nazis paraded past the building, shouting anti-Semitic slogans, a horrible reminder of Nazi Germany’s persecution and mass slaughter of European Jews.

“Several times, parades of Nazis passed our building, shouting, 'There's the synagogue!' followed by chants of 'Sieg Heil' and other anti-Semitic language. Some carried flags with swastikas and other Nazi symbols,” Zimmerman wrote.

I was replying to conjecture but that said I have little doubt the house of worship would have been attacked if there were no armed security and the Nazis were marching with knowledge the counter protesters were there. The Nazi leaders in the Vice Documentary posted here said the purpose of the rally was to gain notice as more than guys on their computers in their parents basement and talked about how violent they are.

The guy interviewed in the Vice documentary grew up on Long Island and lives in New Hampshire. The Nazis and Antifa were outsiders that came to Charlottesville looking for trouble.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 9:36 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I have little doubt the house of worship would have been attacked if there were no armed security

Yet more conjecture.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 10:17 am

Chichikov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
I have little doubt the house of worship would have been attacked if there were no armed security

Yet more conjecture.

Of course, they are not going to directly admit they were out there to start a riot because those statements would be used against them if they are arrested. Next time there is a "unite the right" or similar rally you go there find a place where they are marching by but no counter protesters or security and "look Jewish" if you are so confident it is just conjecture.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 10:39 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Of course, they are not going to directly admit they were out there to start a riot because those statements would be used against them if they are arrested.

Why don't you just admit what you're saying has no grounds at all and that you're blaming people for things they haven't done because you're projecting your prejudices and bias onto them? Rather than listening to truth and reason you're damning if they do and damning if they don't. You're not fooling anyone.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 10:52 am

Chichikov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Of course, they are not going to directly admit they were out there to start a riot because those statements would be used against them if they are arrested.

Why don't you just admit what you're saying has no grounds at all and that you're blaming people for things they haven't done because you're projecting your prejudices and bias onto them? Rather than listening to truth and reason you're damning if they do and damning if they don't. You're not fooling anyone.

The grounds are based on the history of Nazi tactics. Antifa did not say directly they came there to riot either but based on their history I concluded that they did, but you seem not to want to discuss that.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 11:19 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The grounds are based on the history of Nazi tactics. Antifa did not say directly they came there to riot either but based on their history I concluded that they did, but you seem not to want to discuss that.

What do Nazis have to do with it? Does someone having a different view from you make them a Nazi? Again you're simply showing your true colours. What I *don't* want to "discuss" are arguments that rely on claims that have no basis in truth such as what someone would do under some circumstances when you have no way of knowing what they would do. Discussing such things seems rather pointless to me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 12:12 pm

Chichikov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

What do Nazis have to do with it? Does someone having a different view from you make them a Nazi? Again you're simply showing your true colours. What I *don't* want to "discuss" are arguments that rely on claims that have no basis in truth such as what someone would do under some circumstances when you have no way of knowing what they would do. Discussing such things seems rather pointless to me.

Marching with Nazi flags makes a vast majority if not all of them Nazis.

The thread and many similar ones here and elsewhere have often morphed into a discussion of the intent of the protesters and counter protesters in reaction to President Trump's discussing intent of both groups. You not liking this phenomenon is fine but why would you participate in a discussion that does not interest you? I am not interested in the fashion choices of celebrities. I do not waste my time going into fashion choices threads saying I have no interest in the topic and telling users their posts are based on nothing but their prejudices.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 12:28 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

I did some Google image searching of the protest and the only "Nazi" flag I saw was on a biased article on Huff Post where they had a picture of what seemed to be a stand of some sort. All other images showed mainly confederate flags and various banners. I'm not saying there were no Nazi flags there, but from what I saw if they were there they were in a minority and the conclusion I came to was that the majority were not Nazis. Of course you see a single Nazi flag and brand everyone there Nazis on that basis. More proof that nothing you say is reasonable or grounded in any actual fact.

ASPartOfMe wrote:
You not liking this phenomenon is fine but why would you participate in a discussion that does not interest you?

I find fallacious arguments offensive and I'll battle them wherever I find them.

Let me guess... Hitler said the same thing
.. :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:06 pm

Chichikov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I did some Google image searching of the protest and the only "Nazi" flag I saw was on a biased article on Huff Post where they had a picture of what seemed to be a stand of some sort. All other images showed mainly confederate flags and various banners. I'm not saying there were no Nazi flags there, but from what I saw if they were there they were in a minority and the conclusion I came to was that the majority were not Nazis. Of course you see a single Nazi flag and brand everyone there Nazis on that basis. More proof that nothing you say is reasonable or grounded in any actual fact.

ASPartOfMe wrote:
You not liking this phenomenon is fine but why would you participate in a discussion that does not interest you?

I find fallacious arguments offensive and I'll battle them wherever I find them.

Let me guess... Hitler said the same thing
.. :roll:

I also made the Nazi conclusions based on Charlottlsville being chosen over other cities that have taken down monuments. Charlottlsville has a Jewish mayor and Jews were mentioned in their chants not blacks. A non nazi white supremacist would likely prioritize racism over anti semitism a nazi would likely prioritize the opposite. Also "Blood and Soil" a Nazi slogan was chanted. If the intent was not about prejudice but southern pride and honoring dead Confederate solders whistling Dixie or a "rebel yell" or just quiet prayer would have been dominant. I am not saying every rally goer was an Nazi but it turned into Nazi rally as was the intent. It sure looks like the statue was a marketing tool to draw people in.