More "white nationalist" demonstrations planned

Page 11 of 14 [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

...I don"t think the Confederate statues should be destroyed - mostly :mrgreen:. I do think private hands should take them, and display them appropriately if they wish, which may surprise you 8O . I don't wish an " orgy of destruction " :P for these kitsch (I suppose
) salutes to racism.
In one town, I saw that the local Daughters. Of The Confederacy took back the statue they had had erected generations rarlier. That........

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:06 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...they were the party with the permit, as in the past were probably searched and had their weapons confiscated, and whether or not they could have created just as much mayhem and casualty on a broader than one-off level isn't necessarily disproven, they just didn't have the mace, bricks, batons, or whatever else to do the same thing.

That's part of what even bothers me more. If you're going to let a throng of armed people wait outside an enclosed area, you know this because you patted them down on their way in, to meet a group of unarmed people you're even making matters worse.

Yeah, this is, pretty much, MY understanding of what happened, as well. I, in NO WAY, like / agree-with / approve-of White Supremacist / neo-Nazi, and the like, ideology----BUT the fact remains, that their right to protest is covered by the First Amendment.

The way *I* see it, the anti-statue-removal people obtained the permit to protest----others were told to stay home..... I'm thinking that the "others" decided they were gonna go down there, and teach "those people" (WS/NN), a lesson (it has been reported MANY times, that they came armed with bats and bricks and mace, and stuff----I mean, even someone, HERE [ASPartOfMe], posted an article that said: "
...they were confronted by a large group of protesters including members of the Marxist Antifa — a group that has time and again plunged volatile situations into violence...[https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=352559&p=7637288#p7637288]")----and, one of the things that gets me, the MOST, is that I would bet almost ANYTHING, that if it had been the REVERSE (the FOR-statue-removal people, being the ones demonstrating), the FIRST thing outta their mouths, would've been that they had a right to do it, because of the First Amendment.

I also agree with ASPartOfMe (I THINK he was the one who said it), in that if the anti-statue-removal people had've been allowed to demonstrate PEACEFULLY (with NO interference from the people who didn't like them, being there), this story wouldn't've been covered, for more than a DAY----and, quite frankly, most probably, that poor young woman, wouldn't've been killed.

Now, before anyone says it..... YES, OF COURSE, I feel the FA protects the right of the FOR-statue-removal people, TOO----but, I don't see it as that being their intention when they went down there, quite frankly, with a can of whoop-ass!!

Nobody's saying that the white nationalists didn't have the right to demonstrate, but the thing is, the counter protesters were simply exercising their right to free speech by opposing them. Now, if a government entity had tried to suppress the free speech of one or both groups, that would be an entirely different story.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Nobody's saying that the white nationalists didn't have the right to demonstrate, but the thing is, the counter protesters were simply exercising their right to free speech by opposing them. Now, if a government entity had tried to suppress the free speech of one or both groups, that would be an entirely different story.

Exactly.

It also amazes me how many people here are much more genuinely upset about left wingers getting into fistfights than they are about a Nazi attempting an act of mass murder. I smell a pro-Nazi agenda brewing on these forums, and that is very scary.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:24 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Exactly.

It also amazes me how many people here are much more genuinely upset about left wingers getting into fistfights than they are about a Nazi attempting an act of mass murder. I smell a pro-Nazi agenda brewing on these forums, and that is very scary.

I agree, 100%.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Exactly.

I agree, 100%.

Finally, another rational voice on Wrong Planet!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:30 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...As I think I said earlier here I recall an article from a Chatlottesville resident saying that the alt-right anti-removal demonstrates strolled around with massive guns displayed, and I am told that, when they were msrching, they chanted " Jew can not move us " for instance.
I don't question that there were violent A-hole setting-out-to troublemakers among the pro-statue removal protestors, also!

That's good to know (your last sentence, there).

As for the "massive guns": I'm thinking that's probably somebody's hyperbole----but, regardless, IIRC, Virginia is an "open-carry" state; and, if there WERE, in-fact, so many guns, there, why weren't a whole SLEW of people killed? My guess is that the answer to that is because there were NOT alot of guns, there, cuz, IIRC, this took-place on the University of Virginia campus; so, guns wouldn't be allowed (concealed or not).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Exactly.

I agree, 100%.

Finally, another rational voice on Wrong Planet!

Trust me, there are plenty of rational people here. Some are even conservatives, believe it or not. :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:12 pm

So they are they organising a "flash mob" at a unknown venue and using social media to announce their intentions OR is this to be organised through normal channels and permission gained to march?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:20 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
...As I think I said earlier here I recall an article from a Chatlottesville resident saying that the alt-right anti-removal demonstrates strolled around with massive guns displayed, and I am told that, when they were msrching, they chanted " Jew can not move us " for instance.
I don't question that there were violent A-hole setting-out-to troublemakers among the pro-statue removal protestors, also!

That's good to know (your last sentence, there).

As for the "massive guns": I'm thinking that's probably somebody's hyperbole----but, regardless, IIRC, Virginia is an "open-carry" state; and, if there WERE, in-fact, so many guns, there, why weren't a whole SLEW of people killed? My guess is that the answer to that is because there were NOT alot of guns, there, cuz, IIRC, this took-place on the University of Virginia campus; so, guns wouldn't be allowed (concealed or not).

Okay, I just saw, on "Charlie Rose", the young girl (I think her name was "Ellie"), from VICE, who interviewed that scary white guy..... She said that after the march, with the Tiki torches..... I THINK she said that some fist-fights broke-out, so they were kicked-out----then, they went to another venue..... It was at this other venue, that she saw guns----but, again, VA is "open-carry".

Also, I think it's important to note, that it was at the FIRST place (UofV), that the guy plowed-into the crowd, with his car.

Charlie had some really good film footage of ALOT more, than what I'd seen, before----for instance, a few people, here, had mentioned BLM, but this was the first time I had ever seen footage, of them.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
So they are they organising a "flash mob" at a unknown venue and using social media to announce their intentions OR is this to be organised through normal channels and permission gained to march?

I don't know who, specifically, you're talking-about, cuz the anti-statue-removal people obtained a permit, to march, so the venue had to be known----and, the FOR-removal people were told (presumably, by campus administrators) to stay home, cuz these people were gonna be there; so, they didn't find-out / organize through social media, either, necessarily.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:34 pm

All of you who would welcome the KKK into your communities, it's good to know where you stand.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:37 pm

Seems the KKK still has grassroots support even popping up in Virginia University, so much for higher education curing prejudice

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 6:38 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
All of you who would welcome the KKK into your communities, it's good to know where you stand.

Who said anything about WELCOMING them? I'm defending their RIGHT to speak / protest, because I would want that right upheld, for MYSELF!!

You best-believe that if they end-up in Baltimore, that I'll be on here, boo-hooin' about it----I'll be like, "Oh, Lordy, they're HERE!!". That one guy, ALONE, on VICE, was disturbing, to say the least----cuz, it's disturbing, enough, when one race spews such hatred, about any other ONE race; but, they don't like ANY race ('cept their own, of course)----so, I don't want to even THINK-about dozens of his ilk, being here!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 6:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Seems the KKK still has grassroots support even popping up in Virginia University, so much for higher education curing prejudice

Who said any of them were UofV students? I imagine they rent those venues, out, to whomever----that doesn't mean they "support", whomever.....

Here, we often see / hear an announcement before an info-mercial, for instance, that says, something like, "The views expressed in this broadcast, are not necessarily the views of this television station"----seems the same, to me; besides, I don't know if a group has to say it's name, when they apply for a permit----maybe, they only have to say what they're protesting (in-this-case, the removal of the monument).

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Who said any of them were UofV students? I imagine they rent those venues, out, to whomever----that doesn't mean they "support", whomever.....

Here, we often see / hear an announcement before an info-mercial, for instance, that says, something like, "The views expressed in this broadcast, are not necessarily the views of this television station"----seems the same, to me; besides, I don't know if a group has to say it's name, when they apply for a permit----maybe, they only have to say what they're protesting (in-this-case, the removal of the monument).

They're grasping at straws is what it is and trying to compensate themselves for that stinging loss last November.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

With all this shrieking about racism, the KKK, and Nazis, I think it's time to re-introduce Gertrude, my lovely wife. Ain't she a peach?
:P