Page 1 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:11 pm

LEE Harvey Oswald met with a KGB agent responsible for assassinations around two months before the JFK killing, according to newly released documents.
Communist Oswald, who was arrested for shooting President Kennedy on November 22, 1963, attended the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City on September 28.
The FBI files revealed Oswald met with Valeriy Vladimirovich Kostikov, a senior KGB agent who was known to have worked for the KGB’s 13th department — which was responsible for assassinations
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4777334/l ... ssination/

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 1:17 am

You and I must have read different parts of the released documents. I haven't read them all (and don't intend to) though the summaries didn't suggest that it was a KGB hit to me.

Nor did I notice any sign (or expect to) of Ted Cruz's father being implicated in any way, but then as Trump is a liar on a world champion scale, it is no surprise to find that yet another of his pre-election claims is false. His lies are monumental in number and kind, he couldn't lie straight in bed..

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:46 am

LOL love that hyperbole.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:51 am

Embrace the facts.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:02 am

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:04 am

How sophisticated. Did you make it yourself?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:27 am

Nope, I hired a team of experts from a Russian troll farm.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:35 am

i would be surprised if he personally knew jay leno.

points deducted for OPs clickbaity title, but i do think it was a good move to release the documents and maybe the FBI could have done more to investigate?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 1:43 pm

I hope the released documents put many of the conspiracy theories to rest.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm

Many people have reasons to kill a President. Based on Oswald political leanings, Oswald’s trip to Russia the “Russians did it” and the US government covered it up to prevent nuclear war is the most obvoius but least discussed JFK assassination conspiracy theory.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:05 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
points deducted for OPs clickbaity title,

LOL! Okguys I'll come clean that it was a little mischief on my part re: the title
The British Sun front page was republished across all Australian news outlets

I was, however, curious that little tidbit about Oswald's secret meeting does (imply) make an insinuation that the KGB were at least providing intelligence to Oswald although... (yes it's hardly proof)

One person who could shed some light is the former director of the KGB Vladimir Putin? I think "ASpart of me" has a point that a coverup to prevent a nuclear war is quite a reasonable theory. People forget that of all US presidents Kennedy was the one who took the world the closest to nuclear annihilation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:34 pm

more tidbits
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 2c4bd59104

A number of possible candidates, the KGB indicating that a "team" of rogue elements from the KGB in league with Fidel Castro using gunmen from American Ultra-right groups and (this seems strange) Lyndon B Johsnon...?

I wasn't aware there was a man carrying an umbrella at the scene of the shooting (give it was a bright sunny day)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 5:31 pm

another tidbit
http://www.theage.com.au/world/british- ... za27f.html

Apparently Cambridge news received a phone call about an impending world event about to take place in the US 25 min before JFK was assassinated

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 6:58 pm

Call me old fashioned, by I still go with Jim Garrison's theory that Oswald or someone impersonating him had approached the Soviet and Cuban embassies with the full knowledge that his presence would be noticed by CIA surveillance in order to implicate communist powers. My number one suspects were the nest of Anti-Castro fanatics in New Orleans and Dallas - both Americans and Cuban exiles - who had been sponsored by the US intelligence community, organized crime (which was the CIA's secret partner in assassination plots in those days), and right wing business interests, in their secret war against the communist Cuban government. Oswald was known to have had associations with these professional Anticommunists who had been employed as contract agents by the CIA in New Orleans, in particular:
CIA and Mafia pilot David Ferrie, who Oswald had had a preexisting relationship with.
Ex FBI higher-up and Office of Naval Intelligence operative, and die hard segregationist, Guy Bannister, who had run an Anti-Castro training camp and gun running operation under cover of a private detective agency, and whose specialty had been infiltrating leftist organizations with undercover agents.
Not to mention the host of Cuban exiles in the New Orleans Anti-Castro underground, many with intelligence and organized crime associations.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 7:42 pm

I like the theory that a secret service agent in the car behind accidentally discharged a round that was the fatal shot.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 9:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
My number one suspects were the nest of Anti-Castro fanatics in New Orleans and Dallas - both Americans and Cuban exiles - who had been sponsored by the US intelligence community, organized crime (which was the CIA's secret partner in assassination plots in those days), and right wing business interests, in their secret war against the communist Cuban government. .

Yes this also seems plausible. The ultra-right anti-integration movement may have had a hand in JFK, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King. There were (and still are) very violent racists groups. who probably celebrated the death of those three. Their removal was probably a setback to black civil rights which has been dragging for a long time.