KKK Recruitment Sticker Found In Portland HS Bathroom

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:39 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland-schools/2017/09/kkk_recruitment_sticker_found.html

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:41 pm

My expectation is that some dork thought he was being funny.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:42 pm

Is there a strong KKK presence in the area? Y/N
If not (or maybe even if so) I think it's safe to assume that it was a joke and not part of a recruitment drive.
Non-issue.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:57 pm

Raptor wrote:
If not (or maybe even if so) I think it's safe to assume that it was a joke and not part of a recruitment drive.
Non-issue.

My thoughts exactly, the KKK is not directly active in my area. My city has one Neo-Nazi group (Different from KKK) and three Black Separatist groups in my city. Would be four, if we could include BLM.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

SH90 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Non-issue.

My thoughts exactly, the KKK is not directly active in my area. My city has one Neo-Nazi group (Different from KKK) and three Black Separatist groups in my city. Would be four, if we could include BLM.

Since when is BLM a black separatist movement? Not wanting to be shot by the police is not the same thing as having a separate homeland from whites.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 7:59 pm

gross, but yes certainly could be some kid just left it as a joke which was in very bad taste which is likely if there is no active kkk/white supremacist groups in the area. But if there are then yeah I'd say its not something to take very lightly as these groups do try to recruit young people.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Since when is BLM a black separatist movement? Not wanting to be shot by the police is not the same thing as having a separate homeland from whites.

I live in a high rise in the downtown area, so the protests are pretty much at my doorsteps for my building. They all been violent in nature, with a us vs them mentality. Yelling f**k the police, vandalizing (mostly police cars), assaulting, looting, and overall leaving the streets looking like a disaster. A few (not all) that have been arrested, can be linked to one or more of the Black Separatist groups via social media. Yet the majority of the shootings they protested, have been ruled justified...

Maybe they are more peaceful elsewhere, but in my area of operations that has not been the case.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:36 pm

SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I live in a high rise in the downtown area, so the protests are pretty much at my doorsteps for my building. They all been violent in nature, with a us vs them mentality. Yelling f**k the police, vandalizing (mostly police cars), assaulting, looting, and overall leaving the streets looking like a disaster. A few (not all) that have been arrested, can be linked to one or more of the Black Separatist groups via social media. Yet the majority of the shootings they protested, have been ruled justified...

Maybe they are more peaceful elsewhere, but in my area of operations that has not been the case.

At that point I'd be inclined to believe that BLM is more about the organization and not so much about actual black lives. One of these days they're going to "protest" in the wrong place at the wrong time and have their asses handed to them.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:43 pm

They never came by as organized to me, just mob mentality...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:44 pm

SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The summer before last, my wife and I, along with a friend had attended a BLM demonstration outside the Spokane courthouse. The people there, as well as the speakers, were law abiding and courteous to everyone. It was actually a heckler who was rude and disruptive, but guess what - - they actually had allowed this guy to speak his mind at the podium.. I do imagine BLM does differ from place to place, but that's only because they are a decentralized organization, in that one group can't be blamed for the actions of another.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:50 pm

SH90 wrote:
They never came by as organized to me, just mob mentality...

You know what I meant...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:14 am

It looks likw spoof poster to me.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:40 am

The thread is about the KKK sticking recruitment posters and the discussion has been (sneakily) shifted to attacking Black lives matter. Does anybody else see a similar pattern in a number of other threads as well?

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:18 am

The lack of contact information on the sticker makes me think this is more of a hostile prank intended to cause reaction than an indication of heavy racist activity in the area.
But still, not too cool. Takes me back to the '90s; I'll never forget finding a flyer for the "White Aryan Resistance" on the windshield of my dad's car in a shopping mall parking lot.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
The thread is about the KKK sticking recruitment posters and the discussion has been (sneakily) shifted to attacking Black lives matter. Does anybody else see a similar pattern in a number of other threads as well?

If we are going to discuss one hate group, that leaves the others open for discussion. The fact that my area has more (active) black hate groups, isn't exclusive to my area. In Portland (where the school is located), doesn't have a local KKK chapter. But they do have two Black Separatist groups. There is a total of 130 active KKK groups and 193 Black Separatist groups across the United States. Pretty alarming for such a small minority that makes up 13% of the population.

Map Of Hate

The pattern I see, is the extreme left on this site wants to paint everyone out to be a racist and implying a race issue into everything. Basically anyone slight right is "racist" :roll: Besides, the KKK was founded by Democrats.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:12 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Oh I agree 100%.
WrongPlanet is being infiltrated by the KKK!! !
Terrifying, isn't it?!?!?