Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 12:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Empathy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This comes after the government banned model Gigi Hadid for allegedly pulling playful facial gestures

I'm wondering if it's time we boycott Chinese goods?

There is no point boycotting Chinese investors, unless we want to boycott half thr land that goes with it.

Countries like Australia and New Zealand have irresponsibly allowed unfettered foreign In the last 30 years Real estate prices have gone through the roof as Chinese buyers bid over locals. For example where I live virtually the entire street has been purchased by Chinese buyers, none of whom speak English yet seem to be happily snapping up homes?

One indicator something is amiss is the inaccurate business data on foreign ownership which (I suspect) hides the real level of foreign ownership of industry, real estate and mining in this country.

Right, so who should be championing for the right to buy or leasehold,- religious investors?
I think the topic has gone astray as your page links are about fashion icons being banned, and not all the excess baggage that goes on with it. I dont think Melbourne needs to worry, about manufacturing or fashioning the latest catwalk on their side of the Blue Lagoon. Your points on housing are interesting though,. If you need some property advice or shareholder prices I 'll try to balance the offshore paperwork without any marginal sinkhole errors..

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 12:50 am

Empathy wrote:
I dont think Melbourne needs to worry, about manufacturing or fashioning the latest catwalk on their side of the Blue Lagoon. Your points on housing are interesting though,. If you need some property advice or shareholder prices I 'll try to balance the offshore paperwork without any marginal sinkhole errors..

Not sure what you mean?

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 7:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
Empathy wrote:
I dont think Melbourne needs to worry, about manufacturing or fashion. Your points on housing are interesting though,. If you need some property advice or shareholder prices I 'll try to balance the offshore paperwork without any marginal sinkhole errors..

Not sure what you mean?

Houses in London are already unaffordable, mostly due to investment shareholders and bankers. Councils are taking a back step, hence the social housing crisis. We dont have much freehold here, let alone any land, but i don't think you dont have that problem.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 4:23 am

So they don't fry spring rolls in sunflower oil anymore?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 5:59 am

Empathy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Empathy wrote:
I dont think Melbourne needs to worry, about manufacturing or fashion. Your points on housing are interesting though,. If you need some property advice or shareholder prices I 'll try to balance the offshore paperwork without any marginal sinkhole errors..

Not sure what you mean?

Houses in London are already unaffordable, mostly due to investment shareholders and bankers. Councils are taking a back step, hence the social housing crisis. We dont have much freehold here, let alone any land, but i don't think you dont have that problem.

No we don't, I also understand the housing crisis in London is leading to inner city illegal squatting

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 12:20 pm

If you wanna stick it to Beijing then I suggest this.

Create a mainland China version of the TV sitcom "The Dukes of Hazzard". Two good ole boys who tool around their rural village in a custom hot rod. And translate the symbolism of the car's name. Instead of the "General Lee" it would be "the General Chiang Kai Chek", and instead of emblazoning the car with the Confederate flag have it painted with the equivalent Chinese symbol of regional secession (the Taiwan flag, or forget that, just have it painted with sunflowers).

Then have the Voice of America beam the TV series into mainland China!

That will fix Beijing's wagon!

And invite Katy Perry to play Daisy. :D

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 3:41 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
If you wanna stick it to Beijing then I suggest this.

Create a mainland China version of the TV sitcom "The Dukes of Hazzard". Two good ole boys who tool around their rural village in a custom hot rod. And translate the symbolism of the car's name. Instead of the "General Lee" it would be "the General Chiang Kai Chek", and instead of emblazoning the car with the Confederate flag have it painted with the equivalent Chinese symbol of regional secession (the Taiwan flag, or forget that, just have it painted with sunflowers).

Then have the Voice of America beam the TV series into mainland China!

That will fix Beijing's wagon!

And invite Katy Perry to play Daisy. :D

That would of course be considered an act of interference in China's internal affairs which would (ironically) lead to the Chinese communist party applying sanctions on the US

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 4:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Empathy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Empathy wrote:

Not sure what you mean?

No we don't, I also understand the housing crisis in London is leading to inner city illegal squatting

Cyberdad, i have literally no idea what table quotes you're using, but you have got the wrong end of the stick. Using a not so famous person as Katy Perry, to compare country popularity with, shows you how much you know about style/fashion. As for squatting, id say you know all about living in the bush, so standards on foreign investment would be relatively easy to manage rich pickings, even if it does manage to pull in the odd english buyer. Your native speaking ally.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 4:22 pm

Empathy wrote:

Cyberdad, i have literally no idea what table quotes you're using, but you have got the wrong end of the stick.

My wife says I'm turning into a "blithering old duffer" so perhaps not surprising

Empathy wrote:
Using a not so famous person as Katy Perry, to compare country popularity with, shows you how much you know about style/fashion.

style? fashion? refer to my point number 1

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 3:24 am

Yes, if you explain your original points, tying it in with the quote about Katy Perry making a bold twitter statement about not getting a visa for an uneventful fashion statement, that doesn't mention the idea of city suburb squatting and reflect on the original argument, then I'd be happy to.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 6:10 am

Empathy wrote:
Yes, if you explain your original points, tying it in with the quote about Katy Perry making a bold twitter statement about not getting a visa for an uneventful fashion statement, that doesn't mention the idea of city suburb squatting and reflect on the original argument, then I'd be happy to.

Ahh yes I see...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 11:42 pm

Katy Perry is officially too cool for China now, the way that The Kinks became too cool for the US in 1965. Awesome. 8)