Page 2 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 3:14 pm

I also worry about anyone who would rather have a pathological liar like Clinton rather than a terrible liar like Trump.

I recommend anyone to watch a tape of Clinton lying repeatedly. I've never seen anything like it. Someone lying, then being caught and just then lies about lying even though her lies were caught on tape. The craziest one must have been her stance on gay marriage, where the interviewer actually cuts her some slack and tries to help her but she still lies about lying. Unreal.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 4:12 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I also worry about anyone who would rather have a pathological liar like Clinton rather than a terrible liar like Trump.

This seems to be a typical pro-conservative tactic to speak about Clinton as if she is waiting in the wings to come back..."she aint"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... c832c29c0f
Bernie Sanders will likely run in 2020 and kick Trump back to his dodgy businesses and skirt chasing

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:21 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What's even more terrifying than the President being a pathological liar is how huge swaths of this country could hold ideology and identity politics over the truth, and so swallowed all his lies.

The worst thing is that erstwhile intelligent people who voted for Trump based their decision on Hillary being a liar

Hillary is a lawyer turned career politician. "Liar" is basically part of her job description. I think maybe people have a few other issues with her.

Then again, most politicians of both parties begin their professional careers as lawyers, so there's nothing new here.
I hardly think, though, that being a businessman is much better.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:51 pm

It's hilarious people calling Hillary Clinton a liar because she was a lawyer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Considering how lawyers know how the law works - and government essentially is in large part about laws - I say it's a good match.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 10:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Considering how lawyers know how the law works - and government essentially is in large part about laws - I say it's a good match.

it's a red herring...technically politics is the art of lying. Conservatives are the masters...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 10:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

it's a red herring...technically politics is the art of lying. Conservatives are the masters...

That too, is true.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 12:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

This seems to be a typical pro-conservative tactic to speak about Clinton as if she is waiting in the wings to come back..."she aint"
Bernie Sanders will likely run in 2020 and kick Trump back to his dodgy businesses and skirt chasing

Unfortunately I think the idea of him being 80 years old starting out as president will keep that from happening.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:16 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Unfortunately I think the idea of him being 80 years old starting out as president will keep that from happening.

For his age he (Sanders) seems to still have his wits about him

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Hopefully, that Methuselah serum he drank is still working. :lol:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:34 am

yeah. for now.

who knows what he'll be like then.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

:lol: I actually thought he came across a very reasonable candidate when campaigning against Hillary. Age withstanding he would have wiped the floor with Trump had he got the chance...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 2:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

:lol: I actually thought he came across a very reasonable candidate when campaigning against Hillary. Age withstanding he would have wiped the floor with Trump had he got the chance...

I certainly believe so, too!

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 2:36 am

Lying is the least of Trump’s problems, in my opinion. He cheats, commits assault, insults people, and doesn’t care about climate change.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 2:37 am

Kiki1256 wrote:
Lying is the least of Trump’s problems, in my opinion. He cheats, commits assault, insults people, and doesn’t care about climate change.

Not that Hillary is great either.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 3:30 am

Kiki1256 wrote:
He cheats, commits assault

In this era of "hashtag metoo:" Trump looks just as bad as Wienstien
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/11/us/p ... nduct.html