Melania Avoiding Trump over Emerging Sex Scandal

Page 14 of 21 [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 7:16 am

b9 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
b9 wrote:
as al capone might have said
"ahh she's juz one o deez broads ya know"

You comparing Trump with Al Capone :lol:

well i don't know.
the mob is kind of impressive in a way.
in the 1930's and 40's etc, they were considered folk heroes by the public who could not get enough of it in the press.

there has been some interesting alliances with the mob that have benefited the US government.
this is entirely off track.....

FDR approached the mob to help with the WW2 ingress into malta (i think) in the early 1940's.
the mob helped and they made it possible by talking to their mates over there in sicily and coming up with an excellent plan for infiltration.

some senator in about 1980 approached the mob to see if they could help to locate an abducted woman because the cops were at a dead end.
the mob did the work and rescued the woman.

trump does not come anywhere near the serious dangerousness the mob does, but you know he is someone to have on your side i think. maybe he does come close to the cut though.

There's headline news about the Trump organization selling real estate to Russian mafia members & they're all suspected of washing a whole lot of dirty money through his real estate deals, especially a Trump Tower project in Panama. I doubt these are just tall tales. Seems legit. Trump might not be the guy breaking kneecaps and driving around with a body in his trunk, but he does business with those guys' bosses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 12:56 am

Looks like more women coming out of the woodwork with married Trump...it's only a matter of time...
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 512b266173

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 1:00 am

b9 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
b9 wrote:
as al capone might have said
"ahh she's juz one o deez broads ya know"

You comparing Trump with Al Capone :lol:

well i don't know.
the mob is kind of impressive in a way.
in the 1930's and 40's etc, they were considered folk heroes by the public who could not get enough of it in the press.

I don't dispute rich and powerful people work with the Italian mafia. However they have been involved in the murder of civilians and judges and skimmed billions in protection money from businesses for more than a hundred years

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 3:23 am

So are democrats/liberals like in complete denial that dnc politicians are filthy rich and that there are just as many wealthy democrats overall. Especially all the celebrities. The majority of Seattle is democrat/liberal and most of them live in million to multi-million dollar homes.

But instead of acknowledging that probably the majority are rich, they try to portray them all as "starving artists".

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 3:24 am

So are democrats/liberals like in complete denial that dnc politicians are filthy rich and that there are just as many wealthy democrats overall. Especially all the filthy rich celebrities. The majority of Seattle is democrat/liberal and most of them live in million to multi-million dollar homes.

But instead of acknowledging that probably the majority are rich, they try to portray them all as "starving artists" being oppressed by the gop.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 4:31 am

EzraS wrote:
So are democrats/liberals like in complete denial that dnc politicians are filthy rich and that there are just as many wealthy democrats overall. Especially all the celebrities. The majority of Seattle is democrat/liberal and most of them live in million to multi-million dollar homes.

But instead of acknowledging that probably the majority are rich, they try to portray them all as "starving artists".

DNC are wealthy. They're just not so blatant about their greed, corruption, and f*****g the working class.

I'm not sure people in Seattle living in $M homes is comparable to Trump & Co.'s bunch of Billionaires.. especially since hasn't Seattle's real estate market skyrocketed almost as bad as Vancouver's? Almost every home here is $1M+ but the vast majority of the population are not wealthy. Nearly everyone here is working class poor of some degree or another. Just because people live in $M+ homes doesn't mean they could afford to buy them - the prices rose to those highs very rapidly long after people bought them. So, living in a $M+ home doesn't automatically make you rich, it just means you happened to buy a home a decade or two ago when working class people could still afford them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:00 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

DNC are wealthy. They're just not so blatant about their greed, corruption, and f*****g the working class.

I seriously doubt that.

goldfish21 wrote:
I'm not sure people in Seattle living in $M homes is comparable to Trump & Co.'s bunch of Billionaires.. especially since hasn't Seattle's real estate market skyrocketed almost as bad as Vancouver's? Almost every home here is $1M+ but the vast majority of the population are not wealthy. Nearly everyone here is working class poor of some degree or another. Just because people live in $M+ homes doesn't mean they could afford to buy them - the prices rose to those highs very rapidly long after people bought them. So, living in a $M+ home doesn't automatically make you rich, it just means you happened to buy a home a decade or two ago when working class people could still afford them.

I'm thinking more along the lines of million plus condos going up all over seattle. The majority of the population are democrat and the majority are very well off to wealthy. I'm noticing the mythological class division. If there are rich democrats, they're philanthropic. Most democrats however are struggling artists types. Whereas most republicans are greedy billionaires and those who arent are rednecks. It's all pretty transparent.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:10 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I seriously doubt that.

goldfish21 wrote:

I'm thinking more along the lines of million plus condos going up all over seattle. The majority of the population are democrat and the majority are very well off to wealthy. I'm noticing the mythological class division. If there are rich democrats, they're philanthropic. Most democrats however are struggling artists types. Whereas most republicans are greedy billionaires and those who arent are rednecks. It's all pretty transparent.

There's Million+ homes going up all over Vancouver, too, but people who live and work here can't afford to buy them. There's been MASSIVE money laundering going on here to the tune of likely hundreds of Billions of dollars. Due to Microsoft & Boeing Seattle has a lot more actual wealthy citizens, but their real estate market is skewed by foreign speculators too, I believe.

As for your broad descriptions of people.. those are fair descriptions. Only there's a lot more rednecks that Billionaires.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:36 am

goldfish21 wrote:
There's Million+ homes going up all over Vancouver, too, but people who live and work here can't afford to buy them. .

This sounds familiar...who's buying?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:38 am

EzraS wrote:
The majority of Seattle is democrat/liberal and most of them live in million to multi-million dollar homes..

most? got stats to back this up...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:43 am

Seattle, like Vancouver, has long been a gentrified city, meaning the working class [for the most part] lives out of town and clogs the interstates commuting into town to work. unless $1500 per month [cheapest rent for an efficiency flat in a bad part of town] represents less than 30% of your income, you simply can't afford to live there. EVERYTHING is expensive in Seattle, especially groceries.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:46 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I seriously doubt that.

goldfish21 wrote:

There's Million+ homes going up all over Vancouver, too, but people who live and work here can't afford to buy them. There's been MASSIVE money laundering going on here to the tune of likely hundreds of Billions of dollars. Due to Microsoft & Boeing Seattle has a lot more actual wealthy citizens, but their real estate market is skewed by foreign speculators too, I believe.

As for your broad descriptions of people.. those are fair descriptions. Only there's a lot more rednecks that Billionaires.

They're not my descriptions. They're mythological constructs. See you're ambitious upward mobile and all that. But the way you're viewed regarding that by liberalism is based on whether you yourself are a liberal or conservative based on what amounts to liberal folklore.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The majority of Seattle is democrat/liberal and most of them live in million to multi-million dollar homes..

most? got stats to back this up...

I should have said the majority of those living in zillion dollar condos are democrat/liberal. It's a well known fact that King county is predominantly blue.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:57 am

Well I guess it was the home of Frazier Crane...wasn't he a "dyed in the wool" republican in TV and in real life (kelsey Grammer is a conservative)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 6:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
There's Million+ homes going up all over Vancouver, too, but people who live and work here can't afford to buy them. .

This sounds familiar...who's buying?

Chinese mostly.

Entire condo buildings get presold in China now.

Most of them don't live here. Some do - that's why we're now the super car capital of North America.. Mclaren's for high school graduation gifts.

Prices/rents/unoccupied homes - everything is WAY out of balance right now & we're the least affordable real estate market in North America, price:local income.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 6:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
Seattle, like Vancouver, has long been a gentrified city, meaning the working class [for the most part] lives out of town and clogs the interstates commuting into town to work. unless $1500 per month [cheapest rent for an efficiency flat in a bad part of town] represents less than 30% of your income, you simply can't afford to live there. EVERYTHING is expensive in Seattle, especially groceries.

MMhmm. It's expensive in Seattle, too. But it's more expensive here in Vancouver - especially since we don't have Microsoft/Boeing or any other major head office here. The biggest head office is 1-800-gotjunk. The largest employer here is the biggest university, UBC. The largest private sector employer is the phone company, Telus. Seattle incomes are higher so people there can (a bit) more easily afford the prices - that's why we take the #1 spot for least affordable, of course.

I can't find the article right now.. but I read one this week about new "microsuites" built in a heritage building for rent. They're 100sf (not a typo) & renter bring their own rice cooker or hotplate (as per the ad/article) and there are a few shared washrooms per floor that are cleaned twice daily. These are renting for $1050/mo. For 100sf. Other buildings full of brand new luxury condos are being rented out short term to visiting business people for double or triple local rents. Airbnb is a massive mess, too. Total clusterf**k s**t show to the nth degree.