Monica Lewinsky uninvited after Bill Clinton invited

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 11:53 am

Monica Lewinsky details her Town & Country ‘disinvitation debacle,' says magazine offered her consolation priz

Quote:
Former White House intern Monica Lewinsky said in a column Friday that Town & Country disinvited her from its Philanthropy Summit once it learned Bill Clinton would be in attendance — and offered her a conciliatory spot at a luncheon and opportunity to write an article for the magazine.

"On the spectrum of world injustices, I recognize fully, the act of receiving an invitation to a philanthropy summit and then having it revoked doesn't even rate. However, in a time when society is struggling to address issues of power and inclusion, maybe it is worth examining. For a minute or two," Lewinsky wrote in an op-ed for Vanity Fair.

It was lunch, or nothing," Lewinsky wrote, likening her modified invite to entry into a museum's gift shop, but not to its new art exhibit.

Lewinsky claims that the magazine "wanted to put me in a position that made the event so unappealing that I would decline — and their social problem would be solved."

Town and Country apologized for its handling of the "disinvitation debacle," writing in a tweet: "We apologize to Ms. Lewinsky and regret the way the situation was handled."

She was scheduled to give a talk at the conference — before Bill Clinton agreed to deliver the opening remarks, after which he would leave the premises.

No reckoning but rewards for you if you are or have ever been President.

Town & Country don’t apologize, fix it. But they won’t because the only they are sorry about is that Monica did not act like little girl and shut up and let Bill drive in those stained contributions.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman