Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 2:52 pm

When people say "I don't see the point in voting" or "I don't watch the news," well, they are contributing to this problem.

There IS a solution. VOTE.

The NRA gets away with murder because we let them. In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 3:10 pm

i always feel so sad for these teenage shooter and wonder what they have been through - probably a lot of bullying in most cases. it's very sad.

many american schools seem to have an abnormally high level of bullying - is it the culture (e.g. jocks bullying nerds) as portrayed in many drama or is this normal ?

i also think being online makes everything worse. in the 90's we could just run away from the bullying - or not hear about it so much. and rumours didn't circulate so quickly which probably was a good thing.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 4:46 pm

The_Gimp wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

To my fellow Yanks here, the second amendment was written in an era when our country was for the most part an unsettled, wild frontier where you needed guns to protect you from bears and witches and red coats and Indians.

These witches, red coats, and Indians weren't much different than these modern school shooters.

I meant those three as a semi joke, showing that American intollerence, racism, and hatred of the government goes all the way back to our earliest colonial times (Salem Witch Trials, genocide against the natives, and the mostly fictional reasons for which we think we fought the American Revolution).

I think its pretty horrible that you would compare the victims of the Salem Witch Trials, the Native Americans, and even the British Army of that time to these school shooters.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

Last edited by RainbowUnion on 20 May 2018, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 4:47 pm

Raptor wrote:
The_Gimp wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

To my fellow Yanks here, the second amendment was written in an era when our country was for the most part an unsettled, wild frontier where you needed guns to protect you from bears and witches and red coats and Indians.

These witches, red coats, and Indians weren't much different than these modern school shooters.

The need to be armed and able to defend oneself goes well past just school shooters.

Unfortunately yes it does. Christian Fundies, Trump supporters, etc.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 5:10 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Copied from a PR person on my FB:

Quote:
Tracy Lamourie
15 hrs · Hamilton, ON ·
People killed by handguns last year:
Japan - 10
UK - 50
Switzerland - 47
Canada - 611
Israel - 105
Sweden - 41
The United States - 38,658
I know you guys feel like guns make you safer but clearly they don't. Also clearly they cause great damage in the only country on that list sharing a border with you. Whats wrong with you people?

Unfortunatley the gun Genie has been out of the the bottle here since Colonial times, and there seems to be no way to put him back in.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:40 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
The NRA gets away with murder because we let them. In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve.

How exactly does the NRA get away with murder?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 2:42 pm

Raptor wrote:
How exactly does the NRA get away with murder?

I'm sorry, but I make a point of not engaging with you, Raptor.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:38 pm

In a post the mods deleted, he freely admitted to being a troll and engaging in such troll things as coming back to forums in which he was banned just to cause trouble under false identities.

Hey Raptor, is your life really so vapid that you have to do these things? It doesn't make you cool or a hacker just a pathetic looser.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:44 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
In a post the mods deleted, he freely admitted to being a troll and engaging in such troll things as coming back to forums in which he was banned just to cause trouble under false identities.

Hey Raptor, is your life really so vapid that you have to do these things? It doesn't make you cool or a hacker just a pathetic looser.

Maybe that's special interest and you're interfering with his autistic compulsion that brings him great joy & satisfaction.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

Maybe that's special interest and you're interfering with his autistic compulsion that brings him great joy & satisfaction.

I'm sure his trolling has nothing to do with his autism, if he even truly is autistic (I've not seen much evidence of this, and I'm actually surprised that WP isn't a magnet for such trolls).

Anyway, our interests are not pathology. That's something that I DESPISE about how NTs see us. I turned my interest in science into a career.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

Its like one of the things I hate in books about us written by NTs--a section on how to get your Aspie to act the way you think he or she should and do things you think they should because hey, you are an NT, and NT is the way everyone should think and act, and hey the Aspie can magically become NT if they try! If I posted what I'd like to do to these writers I'd be banned for sure.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:54 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

I'm sure his trolling has nothing to do with his autism, if he even truly is autistic (I've not seen much evidence of this, and I'm actually surprised that WP isn't a magnet for such trolls).

Anyway, our interests are not pathology. That's something that I DESPISE about how NTs see us. I turned my interest in science into a career.

And yet you reject science.. how fascinating.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:57 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

What you mean "treating" autism with the "methods" you spout? If you are a typical example of the "success" of this then the Autism Rights Movement which I represent has nothing to worry about from it. And btw its a locked thread topic here so don't even try.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 2:09 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

What you mean "treating" autism with the "methods" you spout? If you are a typical example of the "success" of this then the Autism Rights Movement which I represent has nothing to worry about from it. And btw its a locked thread topic here so don't even try.

Would you like to read the science? (written by doctors, not me.)

I'm not too concerned about posting something you don't particularly care for tbh. You use personal attacks and offensive insults towards me and then request that threads get locked because you're against the topic being discussed.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 2:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

I'm not too concerned about posting something you don't particularly care for tbh. You use personal attacks and offensive insults towards me and then request that threads get locked because you're against the topic being discussed.

Someone pointed out to me that you have something in common with AssP--you both post endless threads that go around in circles and end with the mods mercifully locking them.

Yeah, I suggested that your last thread of this type should be locked because it was worn through and out of steam, and pretty much everything that could be said was said. But it was a mild suggestion that X-Files geek agreed with, and she did it right away, which tells me she was inclined to do it in any event. She actually described you as akin to a religious fanatic.

Does the locking of that thread stick in your craw there Sparky? Tell it to someone who cares.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 2:18 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

Someone pointed out to me that you have something in common with AssP--you both post endless threads that go around in circles and end with the mods mercifully locking them.

Yeah, I suggested that your last thread of this type should be locked because it was worn through and out of steam, and pretty much everything that could be said was said. But it was a mild suggestion that X-Files geek agreed with, and she did it right away, which tells me she was inclined to do it in any event. She actually described you as akin to a religious fanatic.

Does the locking of that thread stick in your craw there Sparky? Tell it to someone who cares.

Why do you claim to be a scientist yet reject the science of ASD treatment? Is it because you haven't read anything about it and thus fear what you don't understand? Knowledge is power, RainbowUnion, educate yourself.