Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 10:50 am

Tears Of Defeat In Not Enough .. A Compensation For Iraqis Is Required
By: Dr. Adnan Bumutee on: 15.09.2007

Friday, 14 September 2007

The tears of British occupation while withdrawaling from Basrah unhappily is not enough, rather it is not enough for the British politicians to say “Sorry” or we were deceived on the war of Iraq, Iraq was savagely robbed along the years of boycott sanction and occupation, you were behind the American crimes in all its aspects and along all its tragic steps.

Since beginning of the nineties and the British support to destroy Iraq has not been stopped. In spite of the political ideology variation of all British Administrations as conservatives and labours, the genocide against the Iraqis was continued and from due time the respect of British crown is collapsing while participation in the biggest massacre recorded in the contemporary history is carried on. Here is Basrah, shows the courageous rejection to the occupation and repeats the same lesson to the British occupation forces and keeps them under shame in front of the world. So the result is same without any changes, withdrawal, defeatness and shame are the fate of the invaders.

In twenties the when British invaders walked to Iraq and Basrah in order to occupy Baghdad they has disseminated the news of liberation of Iraq from the Ottoman Turks, they started to rob Iraq’s petroleum after they divided the country according to Sykes-Picot agreement, as if the same story in details is repeated today, therefore occupying a country and participating into destruction and killing million of its inhabits and scatter five millions is it to liberate Iraq from Saddam’s injustice and oppression, however, the reason for all these and the international war to Iraq is to rob its petroleum, to control its strategic wealth and to protect existence of the Zionist Israel.

The blood of innocent Iraqis will remain on the face of every British as shaming stain, blood of children and women will keep chasing the war criminal Tony Blair, who returned to the region to activate the peace operation, it’s a repugnance joke to for such man undertake this role and his hands are sticky with Iraqis blood.

I, personally, had joined the demonstration of one and a half million honorable British walked against the war on Iraq, those were demonstrated perior to the war, it is similar as confirming the illegality of the war, Tony Blair did not hear them he carried on his way as a blind until the dark fate, he should be trialed for justice before the courts in his country for causing this national disaster.

It is required from the British nation and all active powers to apologize for what their government caused to the Iraqi people, it is not enough to feel pity for death of a hundred British soldier as the public surveys emphasized forgetting the biggest destruction of Iraq publicly and historically and the loses suffered by Iraqis. The tears are not enough to return a country that has been divided and pushed to an internal war and destroying the social tissue of it and encouraging the sectarian and ethnical conflict.

It is require from all honorable British to announce in every occasion and campaign for the stability of Iraq and a complete withdrawal from the territory, this will strengthen the reconstruction of all national political, economical, security and military establishments far away of the clown Al-Maliki government the double puppet of Americans and Iranians, it is required to start the mechanism of paying the financial compensation same as the compensation paid (still is continued to be paid) to the Zionist Israel for the claimed burners, therefore, by this performance the withdrawal from Basrah will mean the reality far away from the mischief-makers of the politicians and their lies.

* Professor of Political Information _ Bahrain University

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 3:31 pm

This was written by someone who holds a doctorate? they must have some pretty loose educational standards in Bahrain...

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 4:25 pm

jrknothead wrote:
This was written by someone who holds a doctorate? they must have some pretty loose educational standards in Bahrain...

Do you think it is unreasonable to demand that the usa and uk pay several trillion dollars compensation then?

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 4:36 pm

jrknothead wrote:

Consider that English is not this persons first language, it is the content that is important and the main quality is something many western comentators lack...An unbiased principled outlook.

PaulW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2007, 5:02 pm

Dr. Adnan Bumutee, I salute you!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.•´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 6:24 pm

OK manalitwist,

Let's say the yanks and limeys start leaving today. Say the last one's out of Iraq in, what, a month.

What do you figure happens over there then. I doubt if they'll all get along like a family on some fifties TV sitcom.

Don't get me wrong, I say get the hell out, since we're supposedly there for the Iraqi people and it's obvious they don't want us there, and I don't see a damn thing getting accomplished.

What are your thoughts on how to minimize the bloodshed after we leave?

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 9:19 pm

Would it be better if we exhume the corpse of Saddam Hussein and return him to power? According to the editorialist, he seems downright preferable to the British, us Americans, The Iranians, and whatever other non- Arabs in Iraq. -- Besides, you cannot dispute his credentials as an Iraqi. :?

Eialune
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Sep 2007, 6:06 am

manalitwist wrote:
Tears Of Defeat In Not Enough .. A Compensation For Iraqis Is Required
By: Dr. Adnan Bumutee on: 15.09.2007

Friday, 14 September 2007

The tears of British occupation while withdrawaling from Basrah unhappily is not enough, rather it is not enough for the British politicians to say “Sorry” or we were deceived on the war of Iraq, Iraq was savagely robbed along the years of boycott sanction and occupation, you were behind the American crimes in all its aspects and along all its tragic steps.

Since beginning of the nineties and the British support to destroy Iraq has not been stopped. In spite of the political ideology variation of all British Administrations as conservatives and labours, the genocide against the Iraqis was continued and from due time the respect of British crown is collapsing while participation in the biggest massacre recorded in the contemporary history is carried on. Here is Basrah, shows the courageous rejection to the occupation and repeats the same lesson to the British occupation forces and keeps them under shame in front of the world. So the result is same without any changes, withdrawal, defeatness and shame are the fate of the invaders.

In twenties the when British invaders walked to Iraq and Basrah in order to occupy Baghdad they has disseminated the news of liberation of Iraq from the Ottoman Turks, they started to rob Iraq’s petroleum after they divided the country according to Sykes-Picot agreement, as if the same story in details is repeated today, therefore occupying a country and participating into destruction and killing million of its inhabits and scatter five millions is it to liberate Iraq from Saddam’s injustice and oppression, however, the reason for all these and the international war to Iraq is to rob its petroleum, to control its strategic wealth and to protect existence of the Zionist Israel.

The blood of innocent Iraqis will remain on the face of every British as shaming stain, blood of children and women will keep chasing the war criminal Tony Blair, who returned to the region to activate the peace operation, it’s a repugnance joke to for such man undertake this role and his hands are sticky with Iraqis blood.

I, personally, had joined the demonstration of one and a half million honorable British walked against the war on Iraq, those were demonstrated perior to the war, it is similar as confirming the illegality of the war, Tony Blair did not hear them he carried on his way as a blind until the dark fate, he should be trialed for justice before the courts in his country for causing this national disaster.

It is required from the British nation and all active powers to apologize for what their government caused to the Iraqi people, it is not enough to feel pity for death of a hundred British soldier as the public surveys emphasized forgetting the biggest destruction of Iraq publicly and historically and the loses suffered by Iraqis. The tears are not enough to return a country that has been divided and pushed to an internal war and destroying the social tissue of it and encouraging the sectarian and ethnical conflict.

It is require from all honorable British to announce in every occasion and campaign for the stability of Iraq and a complete withdrawal from the territory, this will strengthen the reconstruction of all national political, economical, security and military establishments far away of the clown Al-Maliki government the double puppet of Americans and Iranians, it is required to start the mechanism of paying the financial compensation same as the compensation paid (still is continued to be paid) to the Zionist Israel for the claimed burners, therefore, by this performance the withdrawal from Basrah will mean the reality far away from the mischief-makers of the politicians and their lies.

* Professor of Political Information _ Bahrain University

Whether you agree with this article or not, whether you respect it or not, it is absolutely, 100% and by definition, NOT UNBIASED. It is linguistically impossible for this article to be called "unbiased," and it's a clear misuse of the term.

If you'd like me to explain why it's not unbiased, please, ask me, and I'll give you an in-depth explanation that has nothing to do with who's right, who's wrong, or personal politics.

The difference between madness and genius is that a madman looks into the abyss and averts his gaze; a genius looks into the abyss and describes what he sees.

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 9:26 am

I'm more impressed by the wholesale copyright violation. This was previously published somewhere, right? No link to the original source, no "fair use" snippets rather than just copying the whole thing? You do understand how illegal that is, right?

Unfortunately, there is no good solution in Iraq. Pulling out will cause a bloodbath, staying is causing a bloodbath. The time to prevent this was in the planning stages of the invasion. To enter a country as messed up as Iraq, with the huge infant mortality rates, torture chambers, economic stagnation, and make it worse shows a degree of incompetence that almost defies belief. I wish there was a good answer, but there is not: what both the British and Americans are obliged to do, by international law, is restore order and rebuild the country. That would require probably an additional penny on income tax and the institution of the draft. It's not politically tenable. It's what's legally required, but it'll never happen.

Music of the Moment: Radiohead - In Rainbows

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 9:34 am

Lets get something clear. The blood of Iraq is NOT on the hands of every British citizen in ANY WAY.

That war went ahead DESPITE massive lack of public support. The people didnt want it, the poor bloody soldiers didnt want it either. If anyone is guilty, it is a selection of upper government ministers and unelected civil servants. Any payment of compensation to Iraq would not come from them, but from the general public, who are not guilty of a damn thing.

I also suggest that the term "Genocide" is being a little loosely applied. The British military isnt generally given to bouts of genocide.

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 11:38 am

"In a democracy, some may be guilty, but all are responsible."
-Hillel

It doesn't matter. We're a democracy. Every citizen is responsible. Every citizen has blood on their hands, because their elected government, elected by the people, carried out this action.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 12:53 pm

mmaestro wrote:
"In a democracy, some may be guilty, but all are responsible."
-Hillel

It doesn't matter. We're a democracy. Every citizen is responsible. Every citizen has blood on their hands, because their elected government, elected by the people, carried out this action.

Balls. Short of open revolution, if the government wishes to ignore its people in between elections, then it can and it will. We are a democracy, but we didnt even have the choice of who would govern us this time, because that grinning twat blair quit, and brown took his post. no election, no choice. Likewise, we have no control day to day over decisions made. The people dont want a 40% death duty, but its there. We want more police on the streets.. but it aint happening. We didnt want that war, but it happened anyway. We cant even castigate blair for it by binning him in the next election because he bailed out early. We can change who is in power by democratic process, but it wont change the fact that we, the people, did not wish to have that war at that time. Not to mention all the people who DIDNT vote labour. They had even less to do with it.

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:49 pm

And the previous election? What happened there? There was an opportunity, post invasion, to throw the government out, but did people take it? Nope.
It's possible for citizens to impose local referrenda, it's possible to recall parliamentarians, there are ways in the UK system. It is an obligation for soldiers to disobey illegal orders. Did any of this happen? No.

Western societies need to stop absolving themselves of responsibility of their crimes. "It wasn't me! It was that guy over there!" Please. You elected him. It's your fault. Take responsibility for your own screwups already.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 2:08 pm

mmaestro wrote:
And the previous election? What happened there? There was an opportunity, post invasion, to throw the government out, but did people take it? Nope.
It's possible for citizens to impose local referrenda, it's possible to recall parliamentarians, there are ways in the UK system. It is an obligation for soldiers to disobey illegal orders. Did any of this happen? No.

Western societies need to stop absolving themselves of responsibility of their crimes. "It wasn't me! It was that guy over there!" Please. You elected him. It's your fault. Take responsibility for your own screwups already.

I seem to recall that invading anywhere at all was never mentioned on a pre-election manifesto. I also recall several cases of troops "dsiobeying orders" and being caught up in hideously expensive trials. (Here and the US) and facing various amounts of prison time and punishment. Theres also the problem of whether they were actually disobeying illegal orders at all, as orders in the field (the concept that idea serves) are not the same as government decisions. So whilst they could have, and should have, disobeyed orders to torture prisoners, its not so clear if they could ignore the overall mission parameters. Not to mention the fact that many who supported the war initially are now no longer supporters, simply because we as a nation were lied to about the reasons. Seems unfair that the british populace should shoulder the burden for decisions made on BS.

As for referendums.. we cant even get one on whether or not we sell out to europe, and theres a lot of people dont want that either. Thats a national one.. a local one will just be ignored completely.

Our government, and yours, could easily decide overnight to engage Russia in open warfare, because of some real or imagined slight to our territory or airspace, and we the public would not even be aware of it til it was already on. Brown, this very evening, could be filling out the paperwork to dissolve the monarchy and create a fedreal republic, and we would be none the wiser. There are MANY government decisions made outside the public eye, by unelected officials, governing all sorts of factors in our lives, that we can exert NO control over.

I'll be damned if I will shoulder responsibility for decisions made by a government I did not vote for, especially over conflicts i did not start, engineer, or have any part to play in, coming about because of events that first began to occur either before my birth, or before I was of voting age. (Depending on where you "start" the proceedings, which can be as far back as 1914.)

Still doesnt change the fact not everyone voted for them either.

Its this desire to blame WHOLE populations for the actions of a few individuals that starts wars and gets innocent people killed. Its what makes suicide bombers think that killing women and children is a good idea. Its what makes the artillery shells fall on villages. Its what makes Iraqis hate ME, when I've never met, nor crossed an Iraqi, or had any dealings with an Iraqi in my life.