Good place for autistics to meet teens during summer?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 9:30 pm

Just as the title says: Is there any good place to meet other teens during the summer without setting me up to fail, or triggering crippling anxiety? And let's also assume that I have no friends to introduce me to people. Now, I doubt I'm going to actually try to meet new people this summer, much less make any real friends. I was just curious to see what you all would have to say.

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 6:29 pm

I like making friend over the internet/forums, however if you want to meet people then look for local Aspergers meetups in your area.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 11:51 am

UnLoser wrote:
Just as the title says: Is there any good place to meet other teens during the summer without setting me up to fail, or triggering crippling anxiety? And let's also assume that I have no friends to introduce me to people. Now, I doubt I'm going to actually try to meet new people this summer, much less make any real friends. I was just curious to see what you all would have to say.

Just hang around churches, libraries, gyms, social events,etc.

Have a life. And don't get attached to one spot. Be adventurous. Also, don't "look like a creeper" if you know what i mean.