Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2018, 2:54 pm

What crazy thoughts did you have as a kid?

My thoughts were:
Flying into space or at least in the sky.
Whenever I was fishing with my dad, I'd be on a small part of land, and when I saw the water move, I thought the land was moving.
Going to Hollywood to see the 20th Century Fox logo (which I now know was merely an animation used to open every single movie owned by the film studio, and not a real place.)
[A real thought included wishing I had a nicer family, as mine was extremely disciplinarian, to a point where I was being abused.]
-
That's all I can remember.
-
What thoughts did YOU have?

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2018, 9:42 pm

-I thought the world actually used to be black and white, but then people discovered color in flowers.

-I thought fictional stories took place in other parts of the real universe.

-I thought women became pregnant by eating lots of food.

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

26 Jun 2018, 9:51 pm

coalminer wrote:
-I thought fictional stories took place in other parts of the real universe.

-I thought women became pregnant by eating lots of food.

I vividly remember the second thing you listed. I'm not too sure about the last one tho, but I think I thought that too.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2018, 10:57 am

I can actually remember the specific reason why I thought the third one; I saw a commercial that showed a stop-motion animation of a woman's entire pregnancy, and it started with her eating a grilled cheese, which was immediately followed by her belly growing.

I think a lot of people believe the second thing when they're young, because little kids aren't quite able to differentiate between what's realistic and what's not yet.

Substantially_Abstract
Raven
Raven

30 Jun 2018, 3:51 pm

- Used to think that grass was blue and that it seemed green to us, 'cuz of the yellow sun mixing with it.
- Used to think everyone had an invisible third hand instead of a third eye
- Used to think those religious Jews were from Harry Potter 'cuz of their "wizard" outfits XD
- Used to think Japanese people were European :roll:
- Still think numbers have personalities
- Still think the government looks at what do on the computer (any secret lab data we shall write by hand ))
- The feeling of time stopping (still want to invent a room in which time stops, without any side affects)
- Was scared of clones and teleportation
- Once I saw my rose stem vibrating
- And the farmer I drew moving back and forth
- Was scared of everlasting life instead of death
- Does anyone else see something similar to an electric "current" beside narrow things, like door slots?
- Used to think the things my mom read to me she made up, instead of actually reading from the encyclopedia XD
... There's more, but I can't remember it now...

XEN0N
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2018, 4:10 pm

I have OCD and I used to have many compulsive thoughts to do things. I always kept thinking, "If I don't do __, I/my family will die." I tried stopping myself thinking that but I couldn't. That was not fun. Gladly, those thoughts stopped when I was 12 years old and my OCD became milder.

Also, I once had a dream that I jumped so high I touched the ceiling. I believed it was real so I kept boasting to my family and friends about it for like 2 weeks. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2018, 4:48 am

I sometimes used to be scared some monster, ghost, alien, boogeyman would get me.

I used to think there were people secretly living in the attic.

Used to believe I could control the motion of certain things with my mind.

Used to think that many link fences were electric-fences and they would electrocute me to death if I touched them.

Used to think animals had conversations with each other the way people do.

Substantially_Abstract
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2018, 12:49 pm

Yes, the thing with controlling motion by mindpower - I think that is quite interesting, 'cuz our thoughts sometimes really do come true. (Those times, when you are just thinking about something and it happens).
'Tis almost as if reality is made by the resulting force of all of humanity's thoughts...
Maybe we can't control the motion of things simply because our subconscious thought that it's impossible is stronger than our belief..
I've always wanted to slow down time by mindpower and still wonder about how it may be possible. Maybe there isn't a universal time and there are many times - for each person. In that case we would have to think lots about whom or what specifically we want to go slower and that would be lots of thinking).