Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 12:28 am

Hello everyone, My name is brad and im 15 yrs old. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had an interest in different cultures. I love studying different cultures from every single continent of the world and listening to music from all around the world. In fact ive gained a taste for Bollywood, which is a music based industry located in Mumbai india. and i dream of traveling when i get older. Let me know if u have any interests in travel or other cultures, thnx :)

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 10:30 am

Yes, I find myself immensely interested in other ways of living, as well as other languages.

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2011, 12:43 pm

Cool. I'm intrested in learning about East Asian cultures. I've even thought about learning Korean, just for the heck of it!

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 1:48 pm

nintendogurl1990 wrote:
Cool. I'm intrested in learning about East Asian cultures. I've even thought about learning Korean, just for the heck of it!

Thats awesome, out of all cultures of the world i would say i like The culture of Eastern Asia and India the most. My reccomendation is to go on youtube and punch in anything you want on the search bar to help you in your research. Ive done a lot of research on China and India by doing this, and have found vids on everything from documentaries on the culture, to vids of Traditional songs and dances. Good luck in your journey :)

pepperrose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2011, 8:49 pm

I really like learning about Japanese culture and the language.

i really hope to go to japan at least once one day, hopefully more than once though

Last edited by pepperrose on 15 May 2011, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 9:09 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
Hello everyone, My name is brad and im 15 yrs old. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had an interest in different cultures. I love studying different cultures from every single continent of the world and listening to music from all around the world. In fact ive gained a taste for Bollywood, which is a music based industry located in Mumbai india. and i dream of traveling when i get older. Let me know if u have any interests in travel or other cultures, thnx :)

I didn't know there were native cultures in Antarctica. :P Also, Bollywood is a film industry, not music, although most of the movies do feature many songs.

nintendogurl1990 wrote:
Cool. I'm interested in learning about East Asian cultures. I've even thought about learning Korean, just for the heck of it!

You should learn Korean, it is a very interesting language. 8) It's not very difficult. I'd say the hardest thing is just learning an entirely new vocabulary. The grammar is pretty straightforward and simple. Although, morphology is a bit complex, but easy once you learn the rules.

I don't study foreign cultures directly, but since I do love studying languages, the cultures of the speakers of languages I'm interested in is something I learn about as a byproduct.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 2:13 am

dunbots wrote:
You should learn Korean, it is a very interesting language. 8) It's not very difficult. I'd say the hardest thing is just learning an entirely new vocabulary. The grammar is pretty straightforward and simple. Although, morphology is a bit complex, but easy once you learn the rules.

It's a lot more like English than other East Asian languages like Chinese or Japanese. I really like the sound of it; I think I'll probably learn it one of these days... after I master Japanese.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 8:25 am

I'm fascinated with foreign cultures as well. I love East Asian cultures, European cultures, and Hispanic cultures. I'd really like to travel around the world someday and keep a collection of cultural artifacts in my home.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 10:53 am

I'm fascinated by indigenous/tribal cultures, the more "back to basics" and remote the culture the better.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2011, 11:50 am

I'm mainly interested in foreign cultures in general rather than just one in particular. Good to expand your horizons.

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 6:52 pm

anything Asian, for obvious reasons :P

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2011, 7:38 pm

MONKEY wrote:
I'm fascinated by indigenous/tribal cultures, the more "back to basics" and remote the culture the better.

Thats very kool, i am actually 25% cherokee, and a member of an intertribal villiage here in western Pa, If you are referring to the Native people of america i would be happy to answer any questions you have or help you in your search. I love it when someone is interested in the Native american culture because it is one culture that is dying very slowly. One thing i love about the culture is the powwows, where they sing traditional songs and dance just as we did centuries ago. Ive been to about 5 so far and one of them on and indian res, long story short ive really learned a lot from them and it has helped me a lot in life.

Ric123
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2012, 4:18 pm

Hi,
I am a 16 year old young man and I read that you were 25% native american. Well, I am a little bit over 37% native american. I was born in holland, I live in Ireland, my mother was born in Canada to a native american sioux mother. I also have a english grandfather, my great-grandmother was french and I have a spanish and Italian names. I know, a whole mouthfull to swallow! I have never met my grandmother or any of any native american family because they all live in Canada!
I do hope to meet them one day.

Ricardo

Blueladymare
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jan 2012, 3:29 pm

Im 17 and Ive taught my self basic japanese and Im interested in other cultures, especially Japanese and British cultures. I also learn new launguges because I like too, and its very easy for me...

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 5:10 pm

Yes, I'm interested in other cultures; I particularly like Judaism and it's people, as well as Spanish culture and also foreign languages. :)

PlainJane28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2012, 3:32 am

I would say I am. I like to know and would like to know a lot more about why other cultures have different ideals, customs, and practices. It sometimes helps me understand why my culture does the things it does. And yes, I would really like to travel to other countries.

Last edited by PlainJane28 on 29 Jul 2012, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.