Anyone else feel like most other students are idiots?

Page 2 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

RedStar98
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2014, 1:02 pm

The main thing i dislike about school is the other students. i just cant understand the way some of them behave. these comments sum up the majority of people i have seen at all the schools i have been too:
they have no respect for other peoples belongings or school property
they don't do the homework and are surprised when teachers are angry
they misbehave in lessons and complain when they get detention
they don't pay attention then complain that they don't learn anything
they talk incessantly about pointless things all day
they don't realise how privileged they are to have that quality of education
they disrespect teachers and other students
they simply don't care about any subjects or have a passion for anything
and the thing that annoys me most is that some kids simply dont care that their behaviour impacts other people, and nothing works to stop them. i usually talk to the teachers at lunchtime...

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2014, 1:37 pm

totally agree with most of your points

daar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2014, 3:50 pm

I went to a private high school that is pretty much the de facto smartest high school in my region (maybe even state). My high school experience definitely was not the average high school experience based on exterior factors not myself alone. The high school is also not coed, it is male students only. Some private high schools in my area went coed due to monetary concerns and their average student intelligence dropped, so I would prefer this over coed. Well anyways I never really thought that I was that much more superior to my classmates, as I knew most of the most intelligent people at my high school (I took a decent amount of the same classes as them and I took part in the clubs that "smart people" usually join). I took basic spanish courses instead of honors courses because I honestly wasn't that motivated to learn a second language, so in this course I kind of felt the same way that most of you guys would.
If anyone reading this is planning to have kids or is dissatisfied with high school, try to enroll in a private high school that is smarter. If I could recommend you my alma mater I would, but I doubt you live where I do. I had a good high school experience mainly because the quality of my peers was not lacking and my school was actually a good school.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 3:55 pm

Nearly every class I had involved the instructor spending the first third re-explaining the previous lessons, the second third on the lesson itself, and then the final third re-explaining the day's lesson to people who never seemed to catch on.

I learned more from reading the textbooks than I ever learned from paying attention in class.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 5:06 pm

It's actually pretty much vice versa for me. Ever since I started high school, I've met so many intelligent, mature people at my school that it actually makes me feel kind of childish. :( During lunch, everyone else will just be quietly doing their homework while my friends and I play games on my phone and throw balloons all over the hallway. It's actually quite fun. :lol:

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2014, 6:54 am

When I was in middle school most of them were idiots but now I'm in HS and there aren't many idiots.
I think most teachers are way more idiotic than their students.

AspergerThinker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2014, 4:28 pm

In my school I feel like I am the only smart one. There are other people with ASD and they are in top set for the "intelligent" subjects along with myself. Even then I feel that every one is an idiot. There is an another person in the classes who is very smart who is NT but I think he might have ASD. I am pretty much the only one who understands that school and education is very important. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

WolfLonely1
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jan 2014, 4:18 am

I have totally same problem in my school/class. My class is full of girls, so it's like mentally hell. I'm in one "special" school, because I'm mild mentally deficient.
I'm so damn tired of my classmates, they are all so childish and stupid teens.
I'm not never been found class where feel that I belong in there, never. I always feel outsider.
And as some other in here, I've always get along better with adults.
I always see that everyone considered me as a strange one.

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2014, 9:40 am

I honestly think most of the kids in my class are complete idiots. Though the teachers do encourage it sometimes. When I was thirteen, we had a truly hopeless History teacher that couldn't control the class, and had to send the ones who behaved out, as there was only me, another girl who was Polish, and three boys, out of a class of thirty. It's gotten worse as I've gotten older, and the only way I actually learn in class is by reading A-Level textbooks whilst the teacher talks/shouts at us to make us listen/writes on the board.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2014, 6:44 pm

Other kids were having sex and getting pregnant and doing drugs, some also skipped class or school or would drop out. Kids in the resource room wouldn't do their school work so the teacher had to make them. In Junior High, letters would be sent home to parents about their kids not doing their school work and I had to help fold them and put them in envelopes. In Spanish in high school, I was the only one who got straight As and got everything right. Kids would also act so immature, I would too at times but they did it more. I don't know if I would say they are idiots. There were things about me that probably made others think I was an idiot because I struggled in school and needed an aid and couldn't understand assignments or listen to the teacher go bla bla bla and I fell sleep in class because of too much talking.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 11:45 pm

A few weeks ago We had to solve a couple of problems in algebra. They were systems of equations, but we had to guess and check because we didn't know any other way yet. The first was basically a combination of nickels and dimes that equaled a dollar something, and we had to guess how many there were that totaled up to it. It took me about 30 seconds, and everyone one else nearly 5 minutes. Same for the next problem, which was adult tickets cost this much, student tickets cost this much, they sold this many tickets for a profit of this much, how many of each were sold.

I also don't know if this guy was serious or not, or just wasn't thinking straight, but I showed him a collection of all my ps3 games, which was around 45 or so. His response to that was "OMFG Are ur parents rich?". Knowing I live in a trailer and go to a school of 200 kids, don't have a phone, have a 40 year old car, and of course I am rich, how else could I afford all that?

I would like to welcome you all to America, 2014. I know, it looks sad, and that's because it is.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2015, 11:59 pm

I had to revive this year-and-a-half old thread, just to talk about it.

I have a few good friends, which I talk with often. All NT. But MOST of the school that I attend, the kids are idiots and don't follow the rules.

Rule #1 - You are not allowed to have your cell phone ON between the hours of 7:45A-2:20P.
NTs still do it anyways. I feel like snatching their phone, which is sitting on their kneecaps, texting away or Snapchatting away in class, from their hands, and throw it in the garbage can. They don't need a frickin phone. I will be graduating next June (2016) and not ONCE have I EVER had a phone on me at school. It doesn't matter - if there's an emergency, my mom can call the school office, or I can use a teacher's phone.

Rule #2 - Do all of your homework, and turn it in.
NTs? Their favorite excuse is "I forgot." Yeah, and you overslept as well and talked too much with your friends on SnapChat late into the night. But as for me, I went to bed with HW finished, woke up, went to class, ready to turn it in and get those points.

Rule #3 - Be ready for quizzes/tests. Study, use flash cards, do whatever you have to do.
NTs? Their favorite excuse is "I forgot to study." Yeah, and you should have put it in your memory bank. Because now you're most likely going to score a C or below on that quiz/test, and both are huge percentages of your grade in every class. I study at least two times for a quiz, probably 3 or more for a test. And hey, even though I don't get 100% A every time, I can tell myself that I prepared for the material ahead of time. When teachers blame students for low test scores, this is what usually happens.

Rule #4 - No talking when the teacher is talking.
Who gives a crap about your boyfriend or girlfriend, or the party you attended over the weekend, or about the newest Vine, Snapchat or Instagram post you made? Education is extremely important, and you need an education to get a good job in life. I don't care about any of that stuff, and I ask questions to the teachers somewhat often, while listening and taking notes.

Today I ran into some problems. When I got into school today, an NT who plays basketball taunted me about the Seattle Seahawks (who lost to St. Louis yesterday), called them garbage and other nasty names. I am not a "I better wear Seahawks apparel all over my body and make appetizers every Sunday" person, but I do root for Seattle as I used to live there. He then taunted me again in another class, which I scolded him for finally. I think he deserved it because he does nothing in class and tries to get in trouble.
4th period today, Photography class was reading part of the textbook. The teacher called for absolute silence the whole period, because people are reading and working. I still saw a couple mouths move, which I silently scolded them for, staring at them with eyes wide open, while making a "zip your lip" gesture. Maybe I shouldn't have scolded in both of those classes, but what happens when you are about ready to explode?

I'm glad I still have a few NT acquaintances that don't make me mad.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 12:03 am

Just wait until you have a job and have to deal with others. In school, I ignored most people, at my job, it was impossible. The marketing/sales type people were the worst.

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2015, 1:31 am

JessiMuse wrote:
Although, what really bugs me, is when a student does something really bad, and the worst they get is a slap on the wrist. Seriously, we're not toddlers. These idiots need more discipline than that!

Just this week, in a suburb of Winnipeg, Canada, a teacher left the shops classroom.

One student threw, yes, threw, an Xacto knife at another student, injuring him.

Police were brought in and they determined that the student was just doing "horseplay".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3227938

Student should have gotten suspended and other things like that, possibly charged with attempted 2nd degree murder if he had died.

CrazyLunatic
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Sep 2015, 1:34 pm

JessiMuse wrote:
Although, what really bugs me, is when a student does something really bad, and the worst they get is a slap on the wrist. Seriously, we're not toddlers. These idiots need more discipline than that!

What I found ironic in my school was that when a student hit another in the face, breaking his nose, they had to shake hands and say sorry because the staff were "too busy" but when the (useless) IT admins accused me of hacking the computers, without any evidence, I was suspended for the day (and the school didn't even do that legally).

You are very likely an Aspie

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 7:30 pm

Well, I often wonder if Aspergirls and Asperguys both mature faster than other kids but are also often child-like and innocent, whereas 'normal' teenagers basically go through a bizarre hormonal change that makes them act in reckless, baffling, and seemingly asinine ways. That's my theory, anyway.
Also, here's an amusing story:
one day when I was in class, a girl behind me decided to announce to the whole room for no reason whatsoever that her ears had just popped. Normally I don't saying anything to the other kids, but I couldn't help but say, "Um...well, that's nice...I guess. Good for you." I'm still not sure if I was practicing sarcasm or not.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII