Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2008, 10:21 pm

Just a question to everyone who's still in highschool.
How do you deal with a classmate, or classmates, who repeatedly bother or tease you, but not in an outright way. The fellow I'm talking about has done various things to me over the past 2 years, but now his favorite mode of irritation is to look at me, look at his friend, and then either make a funny face or laugh. Sometimes he doesn't even look at his friend, but just looks at me then laughs.
The english dep't is very keen for me to take enriched english next year, and there is only one class, but my teacher wants this other kid to take it too. I'm 90% certain he's going to take it, and I'm wondering what I should do about this, because I'm getting close to breaking point, because I've asked him to leave me alone in the past and he hasn't.

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 10:31 pm

Not in HS anymore, but it wasn't all that long ago...

Best way to get someone to stop that stupid sort of passive aggressive "teasing" is to make them feel ridiculous for keeping it up in the first place.

Next time he looks over at you, or makes a face at you, respond by giving him a really sarcastic open-mouthed grin with a double thumbs up. Then, if you like, follow it up by rolling your eyes to yourself as you go back to what you were doing. By dismissing him like that, he doesn't have any power over you- and it'll make him look like an ass.

Kid_A
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2008, 10:43 pm

i would always deal with people like that in high school through sarcasm, and they would always feel so stupid for bothering me.

probably why im so sarcastic now

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2008, 1:08 am

ford_prefects_kid wrote:
Not in HS anymore, but it wasn't all that long ago...

Best way to get someone to stop that stupid sort of passive aggressive "teasing" is to make them feel ridiculous for keeping it up in the first place.

Next time he looks over at you, or makes a face at you, respond by giving him a really sarcastic open-mouthed grin with a double thumbs up. Then, if you like, follow it up by rolling your eyes to yourself as you go back to what you were doing. By dismissing him like that, he doesn't have any power over you- and it'll make him look like an ass.

The problem with this is, that I've tried this, and all he did was laugh and point some more and call me a fag at one point. Thanks for the input though; maybe I'm just not trying hard enough.

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2008, 1:55 am

in other words, he made you feel ridiculous. I simply put an idc face/appearance and ask something like: don't you'e got something better to do? but it's been a long time since I've been teased. It's kinda banned from our school

Garrett
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Mar 2008, 9:32 pm

I used to have people harass me at school. I just trieed to ignore them.