Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 5:03 pm

I'm so glad I'm out of high school. I hated mandatory gym. I used to go to a fitness centre instead of PE cause I can do very few ball games cause of blindness. However still didn't like that.

the2death5of6pathos
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Oct 2007, 2:18 am

I was very very physically sick in high school. At the point I still attended school, I was so weak that I could not bench press the *bar* with no weights on it. It weighed seven pounds. I was and am 6'4" (1.93 metres).

Some sports I played aggressively to the point that it frightened people. Football and baseball I went all out, I knew that I was frail. I was unafraid of injuring myself, my primary concern since childhood (I grew up very fast) was injuring other people when I played. With this fear removed, I was free to let loose in a truly primal way. Once, in basketball, I tried this against a guy who is now on a scholarship for the same sport. I literally *bounced* off of him.

Other sports, like dodge ball, I found no appeal in... probably because I sucked at them. While I am not dyspraxic the question has been raised before. I decided to simply not participate at all during these days.

I remember, one memorable time, when the self worshiping prick of a coach (teacher??) told me, and this is an honest quote: "If I see you reading one more time I am going to have you suspended!"

Apparently, running in circles around the gym is much more important then reading 600+ page nonfiction books to someone with a blood iron level of 5.8 (sorry, I forget which units).

Yotsuba
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2007, 10:30 am

I hate gym class because I have to get changed...
Otherwise I would be pretty much okay with it.

Shinigami
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Oct 2007, 1:42 am

the2death5of6pathos wrote:
I remember, one memorable time, when the self worshiping prick of a coach (teacher??) told me, and this is an honest quote: "If I see you reading one more time I am going to have you suspended!"

Apparently, running in circles around the gym is much more important then reading 600+ page nonfiction books to someone with a blood iron level of 5.8 (sorry, I forget which units).

...and i quote Holly from Red Dwawf..
"i have an IQ of 6000. the same IQ as 6000 PE teachers."

NI
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Oct 2007, 7:01 pm

I hate team sports - football (soccer for you Americans who think football should involve carrying the ball and not using your feet very much), basketball and such (hockey is an exception) - but do rather like athletics (sprint and running type events), tennis (though I'm not good at it...), cycling and general outdoors activities. Paintball is my ideal team sport, it's just FPS tactics applied to real life :P

I really despised team games in school when I had to do them, and was never any good. Oh well, I do swimming now despite the fact that I have no endurance and half the techniques are completely foreign to me. Breaststroke exclusively ftw.

Netish
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2007, 2:51 pm

okay several things that are evil about those
1) I'm clumsy
2) I hate it when you have to wait to be chosen
3) there is no way in he-double hockey sticks I am changing in front of ANYONE
4) I hate running
5) yeah lots of stuff

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2007, 11:07 pm

There were certain sports that were actually pretty fun to play (badminton FTW!), but when we got into basketball... then, it was tougher. I also didn't like the awkwardness of the locker room, but that's a different thing altogether.

Ioini
Raven
Raven

03 Nov 2007, 1:44 pm

I took superfit which a lot more harder gym class which means running 3 days a week, running around in the gym as a warmup. It was not a bad gym class but it was a lot harder. Constantly taking down notes and trying to remember them all. Also trying to understand directions when running 3k. Ugh it was hell for me, glad that was over.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 3:24 am

Shinigami wrote:
Over is Australia our Government is forcing all primary school children to have at least 1 hour of PE each day.

and at my school if you dont paticpate in the practical (gym) part of the class you lose marks from the theory part of the class.
lame. :?

really? This is the governments way of trying to lower the number of kids that are overweight it is. It sucks that u lose marks for staying out of the physical class. I hated the physical lessons because
1. i am not athletic and i suck at sport
2. my own suckiness is on display for all to see.

another thing that is evil is the athletics carnival and things like that the school forces u to participate in. i would finish the 100metres sprint about 10 seconds behind everyone else. I felt like everyone there (the campus) were mocking me for my lack of talent. during cross country running (another mandatory activity) my lack of skill was less apparent cos not many peeps gave a stuff.

surroundfan

04 Nov 2007, 7:56 am

Having a wee bit of CP, PE was a miserable experience at school. I had many a meltdown during my PE class (if I attended; I often had one class long headaches that required me to go and have a panadol and a good lie down in sick bay... ;))

Sorenzo

04 Nov 2007, 2:35 pm

Changing clothes and washing myself after PE was a horrible mess for me. It made me feel fat even when I wasn't. Then I actually started gaining weight because I couldn't tell whether or not I was fat. Body dysmorphia I suppose. So I actually ended up being more out of shape and in a worse general mood because of PE. Of course, that didn't work wonders on my depressive status.

Then later on we started getting grades and I failed the subject because the last thing we did was dance lancier, and well I was clinically depressed and social interaction was... horrible.

Basically PE was a series of mental breakdowns for me. The bastard who decided to make it mandatory should burn in hell. More than once. And rolled in salt afterwards.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2007, 7:23 pm

I don't like it. And I have never liked it.

Good thing I don't have to take it in my freshman year, but in my sophmore and juinor year I may have to. :P

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 2:02 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I managed to get exused from them because of my bad feet (from excessive toe-walking)
I was an office runner and library aid for several years instead as a result.

I hated PE in high school

apinkpony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2007, 2:52 pm

God I sucked @ PE. Fortunately I only had to take for the first two years of high school. Then I was done. I will admit however that it did leave me in better physical shape than I am in currently. I best be getting to the gym more often to work out.

But really, PE was horrible. We always had to play team sports (which I hate) or have partners. I would always be the kid standing around while everyone else chose partners, and I'd be like "uhhh..." and wouldn't have a partner. Plus I am clumbsy and such, so it just made it worse. And it made everyone even less willing to be my partner...

I had 2 friends in this class also but they would always chose each other, never me. Bah.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 2:57 pm

I despised them.

Kain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2007, 3:12 pm

I hate Wellness (what we call Phys. Ed here). I'm fortunate that it's only a half year course.