Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:36 pm

I'm going to give up on love. There's just no point. People like me don't find anyone. I have friends like me, geeky girls, who aren't into makeup and who like talking about real things rather than small talk about nonsense and we're all in our 30s now and alone.

I give up now.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm

Oh come on.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:43 pm

Maybe that's the key to finding love. Not trying too hard.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:48 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Maybe that's the key to finding love. Not trying too hard.

Trying, not trying. Either way hasn't made any difference for any of us.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:02 pm

I see many boys complaining about similar stuff. It feels weird because probably there is someone who can be into you and you could be happy together but it's just so difficult to get to know people and connect with them.

At least, I feel it's better to stay true to yourself and give up on this romantic ideals than give up on yourself and try to change to fit in some woman standard behavior.

FeardyBase
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2017, 2:17 pm

hurtloam wrote:
...geeky girls, who aren't into makeup and who like talking about real things rather than small talk about nonsense and we're all in our 30s now and alone.

Apart from being too young.. that description would otherwise fit my ideal. I gave up too, some time ago.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 3:41 pm

At least you guys have friends. At least that's something. My health problems have left me limited to keeping a low profile. I need to take it easy so I don't get sick. It is boring and lonely. :(

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
At least you guys have friends. At least that's something. My health problems have left me limited to keeping a low profile. I need to take it easy so I don't get sick. It is boring and lonely. :(

Yeah that is difficult. I've had health problems, not as serious as yours, but yes, it can be isolating and frustrating when you want to do more and participate more, but literally can't because you know it will make you more tired and unwell.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 5:35 pm

Keep trying. Sometimes it takes a long time to find someone.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 10:09 pm

hurtloam wrote:
I'm going to give up on love.

How exactly are you trying to define love, anyway ? I mean, specifically.
What are you expecting from, I don't know, say your «idealistic» idea of what it entails for you ?
For example, this guy cooks for me every day, and he calls me dear or honey or my love every day, and he always asks about how I'm feeling every day, and he follows me everywhere I go in order to make sure that I'm safe and okay (even if I'm just going to use the toilet), and he doesn't even look at other females, and always wants to be around me and near me 24/7, and he can't seem to stand letting me out of his sight even for a mere second, etc.

hurtloam wrote:
I have friends like me, geeky girls, who aren't into makeup and who like talking about real things rather than small talk about nonsense and we're all in our 30s now and alone.

This is not nearly as uncommon as it seems to come across that you believe.
Also, you have a group of people who can actually related to you, whilst NOBODY around me can relate to me and often try to dismiss me as crazy or mentally ill due to my open questioning of so-called authority and calling out government-workers and their systems on their corruptions, how their court-system is a scam, the people around here still believe in the crap-stream (mainstream) media news (whilst I am the ONLY one around here who does not seem to give it ANY credibility), basically, I am like a free-thinking or independent-thinker amongst a town that is FULL of liberals, and corrupt cops, and corrupt judges, and corrupt lawyers, god-damnit, it's like I am the ONLY person in this ENTIRE STATE without a corrupted or compromised mind who knows the TRUTH about life, and these Fascists here make me feel like a LONE Jew in Nazi-America (not that I necessarily believe the official-narrative of the so-called holocaust but I simply use this reference as an example that people can understand, and I also need to add one more disclaimer, that I am not a Jew nor Jewish, but I did used to unknowingly pretend to be one in the past, and managed to be on the receiving end of an incredible amount of hatrèd for have successfully passed myself off in the past as being a Jew, even though I did it unknowingly).

hurtloam wrote:
I give up now.

Sometimes, all of us must face obstacles or difficulties in life, instead of going through our entire lives never having encountered some kind of opposition to our goals or efforts. The reason for this is because, unlike the Straight-A student who had never failed any of his classes in school, the ones who have learned how to «look past the failures» are able to better-handle crisis-situations. The ones who have never had to face adversity all their lives are always the first ones to give up on even making a second attempt... at anything.

The last step-father I had was like that, once there was even a MINOR set-back to just about ANYTHING, his attitude was basically... well, I am not going to bother doing that again because, the last time I did that, this happened. See, the difference between him and I is that, unlike his Liberal-oriented mentality, I look at the reasons why a past attempt or two may have failed, then try to correct those errors for the next time life might try to force it upon me again in the future, instead of simply choosing to avoid it altogether. With him, when anything went wrong in his life, anyone could easily see that his emotions clearly became extremely unstable.

Actually, more importantly (why I decided to near-white-out the above), you might want to consider tackling on smaller goals for now instead. For example, say that I were to try and learn another language, and my goal was to become fluent enough to pass as a double-agent spy for a country that speaks that language. Well, that goal requires a lot of time and effort, and of course it would feel frustrating if I found myself unable to speak said language at a native double-agent level of a spy after double-checking if I had reached my goal each day. Instead, I should just focus on the alphabet of said language, until I have its alphabet memorised. Once that ground-work has been laid out, I can then build upon my layers of knowledge/ability, and perhaps you should also just simplify your goal into smaller steps, such as simply meeting or being able to meet new people every month or week or day or how-ever often you can handle, then make it a routine.

A lot of guys these days live in their mom's basements, and are also single, many of them even being in their 30s, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of them are probably even in their 40s. You could go about with your group of friends trying to find ways to meet them, and get them out of their basements, even if the initial goal is not necessarily to grab any of them as a boyfriend. Anyway, let me tell you, even after I had come across talking to over 2000 girls over my life, I had found that only one or two out of two thousand of them were even remotely close to anything that I could regard as being even short-term-compatible, let alone long-term-compatible.

Also, keep in mind, many people in the U.S. are forced into homelessness, despite the fact that they've had good jobs, good education, in fact, even the campus newspaper of a community college I once attended reported that they've found that, not only were a significant percentage of their students homeless, but even at least 5% (or maybe it was 15%) of the college-professors were homeless (and they suspected that the real percentages were actually even higher), many of these people with backgrounds and credentials that would make it look and seem like they should have a very easy time being able to live a successful and comfortable life-style, and not have any problems finding a good partner, but I can tell you for a fact that most people in the world today are still single (and it is factual that there are more single people or partnerless than there are married or people in relationships).

Whether the «conspiratorial» elements of society have anything to do with contributing towards that statistic is another story (for example, I suspect the food-supply is poisoned, and so is the water-supply, and that the academic-institutions are also compromised by a bunch of corporate-paid indoctrination, and corruption exists at all levels of government, all the way from the top right down to the very bottom, and we're all made sick on purpose, and have influences by the various schemes and conspiracies and collusions that contribute towards worsening everybody's health, both mentally and physically, and even spiritually, such to the point that these criminal-organisations that run the governments intentionally want to destroy families, disrupt relationships, and even ruin the minds and health of the populations in order to prevent anybody from ever even being able to have the necessary means or resources or tools or training or social-connections to even be able to get into or find any kind of meaningful relationship with others, unless they wish to sell their souls unto their satanic system of societical-abuse and control of course; sorry, didn't mean to expand this into a rant or anything).

One thing that I've learned in life, how-ever, regardless of how seemingly hopeless any particular perceived problem, all of them have answers and solutions. All ailments and diseases have a way to be cured even though the establishment continues to deny that any known cures exist for any particularly profit-generating condition (e.g.: cancer). Once your mind is more focused on finding solutions, you can find that you see that Opportunity is Everywhere instead of the past-belief that Opportunity Only Knocks Once, you can begin to see that there is Opportunity in Every Difficulty instead of the past-belief that there is Difficulty in Every Opportunity, etc., but you must train yourself.

It's like a muscle, you might not feel comfortable with it at all in the beginning but, with enough exercise, the activity then eventually becomes no longer painful, and in fact becomes something you want to pursue. I have written enough for now, and need to get back to other work, for the world's safety is at stake... good luck to you.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:35 am

8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 2:07 am

hurtloam wrote:
8O

You have received your mission, Ban-Dodger's tape will self-destruct in five seconds.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 9:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
8O

You have received your mission, Ban-Dodger's tape will self-destruct in five seconds.

It'd take at least five minutes to destroy all that.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:11 pm

There are a lot of guys that are into women who don't wear makeup.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:56 pm

Ah Man! Sorry about that!

All I can say is: there will be others.

You have lots of life experience which decent men appreciate. If they don't appreciate the substance in you, they are not worth your time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
8O

It'd take at least five minutes to destroy all that.

It'd take a hydraulic press.