Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:22 pm

I used to eat loads and not do much exercise, but I was still so thin. But now I am about 3 stone heavier than I used to be, and my lifestyle hasn't changed that much. My mum said to me that I'm not a 'youngster' any more, and that I will have more flab round my middle unless I don't eat at all. So I just feel sad that I am not classed as 'young' any more. I'm not ready to be a 100% adult yet. I still want to be, like, 20. I know 20 is adult but you can still get away with being a bit naive and a little emotionally immature.
_________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm not ready to be a 100% adult yet. I still want to be, like, 20. I know 20 is adult but you can still get away with being a bit naive and a little emotionally immature"

when I was 20, I was coming to terms with Gender Identity Disorder, autism, and clinical depression. they all got diagnosed at age 21. age 20 was a nightmare. I was still flunking out structural engineering. thank deities I have already finished flunking structural engineering. already got 3 Axis I DSM diagnoses.

although sometimes paranoid that I fit the criteria. standards. for more. a lot more. sheesh. :roll:

yeah I ain't ready to be 100% adult yet.

but seriously.

18-24 age was so stressful. pressure. b/c lived in homophobic city. pressure to do well at school.

and I feel old too. sometimes. b/c constantly exhausted. anemic.

but sometimes I feel young. b/c feel childish. and there are many adult things that I have yet to do. such as work at a job above minimum wage, date (that ain't happening), and et cetera.

but whatever

who cares how I feel? nobody. that's who

:oops:

8)

:lol:

:mrgreen:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:29 pm

I'm way older than 27 ...
but young at heart. :D

conanthewarrior
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2017, 5:41 am

I am 27, and I also feel older than my years.

Most of my friends are older than me, in my adult years I have seemed to get along with people older than me more often than my age. They are mostly 40-50, people have asked why I hang out with older people, but they treat me well and I just seem to get on better with them.

I live at home with my Mum and Grandfather (he is currently in hospital, he has had a heart attack), and that makes me feel a bit down too. Most people I went to school with now have families and their own homes, and still being at home while they have moved on makes me feel even older if that makes sense.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 6:05 pm

Well, here's a thing. The older you get, the less lactose you get from absorbing too many soya products or traces that contain it and you don't need to worry about your hormones when it slows right down, all you need to see is the way you react and feel to the changes taking place inside your own body, and if certain products put you off you find you can avoid them more easily, my diet is getting better all the time, cravings are likely still, but I'd rather have a few light puckishness than none at all. And, some people are lucky, because they don't have to go through hell and back with their teeth, their midnight cravings may produce a denser BMI or a stroke, but their sugar cube intakes don't impact on bodily absorption. I hope the taste of all that is good in this world doesn't punish me for my love of yummy/good foods.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 10:43 pm

After around age 26, I pretty much stopped trying new things

Feel like k through 12 is so far in the past

Energy levels lower than they used to be

Feels like it is too late to be successful

Not literally too late

But beyond reasonable doubt, too late

Agencies offering services to youth, do not include 34 as "youth"

And I have always looked young

But not so young anymore

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 10:59 pm

At 27 I feel about 10...

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:48 pm

The older I get, the more I feel like nothing matters

And nothing is worth the energy

There are more things I fear now than when I was young

The fear is more intense

And the fears, like dogs, are common everyday encounters

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 7:56 pm

I've never liked dogs, especially ones on heat.

Like in X Factor, we consider ourselves 'The overs' unless someone tells us otherwise. This means over 25.
The knowledge of getting older, means you don't take nobody nor nothing for granted, your life may still be the same, or not have worked out the way you'd have hoped, but neither you nor the person involved can be made to feel responsible, if its things happening outside of someone's control.
If your health for one thing, is the problem, steps must taken to insure you get better through correct pain management, and that has little to do with age, its a reality. If you're generally too stubborn or busy not to take your own medication, then very little can be done to help because one persons energy may not match the resources and seeing as the struggle is made to feel usually of one persons making, then making the most of your youth to the opposing forces is a simple strategy to not con a few crowd pleasers out.
It's your health. That means deal with it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Life is passing by quickly, and I'm not getting any younger. Did anyone else start to feel frightened by your age once you hit your mid-20s?

Yes. I also feel sad to be outside of the 18 - 24 age group. I feel old physically yet at the same time, I feel like mentally I can't progress past the maturity level of a teenager. I'm older than the 18 - 24 year olds yet they are more mature than me. I should have achieved far more with my life by now. I feel like in a way I'm too old and in a way I'm too young.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 10:00 pm

so tired of getting rejected. that i do not seek new opportunities anymore. pretty much do the same thing every day. not much variation.

and do not do a lot of things

none of those things are cumulative or involve skill

none of those things are morally significant, positively or negatively

library, walking around, loitering, panhandling

so tired of social rejection, vocational failure,

emotional rollercoasters

the unknown

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2017, 11:55 pm

I suppose it depends on your perpective. I am 35 and among my people generally middle age doesn't start until 50. From what I gather a person is in some cases a young adult medically until you hit your mid 60s. I read about this on a surgery related website a couple of years ago when I was about to go in for an arthroscopic procedure. I'm not a physician or therapist but I would suspect that many people don't really age until they hit that mid 60s mark and it all depends on your genes, environment, health, lifestyle, and so forth.

Dataunit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2017, 3:20 am

Joe90 wrote:
So I just feel sad that I am not classed as 'young' any more. I'm not ready to be a 100% adult yet. I still want to be, like, 20. I know 20 is adult but you can still get away with being a bit naive and a little emotionally immature.

I hear you. I'm 27 also and wonder where time went, and why I'm no longer 20. I'm totally single and there's pretty much no chance of me finding a partner and settling down any time soon. This wouldn't bother me if I didn't see all my old classmates getting married and having children.

But then I remind myself that I'm developmentally disabled so my mental age is a few years below my chronological age. I used to work with intellectually disabled adults - with conditions such as Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, low-functioning autism, etc - and they all had mental ages between 8 - 14 even though they were all over 25 (most were over 40). Asperger's has the same effect, but at a much lesser rate: I read somewhere that our condition makes us about three years younger, mentally. So to hold myself to the same standard as NT 27 year olds is to put unreasonable expectations on myself.

I have a friend in her 40s who tells me that being 30-something is way better than being 20-something because all the youthful angst that you previously had is no longer there. My parents have echoed the same sentiment.

As for your weight gain: why not be Stoic about it and modify your lifestyle? Take up a sport like swimming - it's a great stress-reliever, as well as keeping you thin.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 7:50 am

If you're on antidepressants, they can sometimes make you gain weight.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 7:51 am

babybird wrote:

Ok, I can cross those off my list. I don't want to get fat again!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 2:26 pm

babybird wrote:

Interesting thing, it's not the pills itself that make you gain weight, it's the side affect of the pills that trick your brain into thinking you are hungry so they send you false hunger signals. Hunger is hard to ignore so people give in and eat so thus the reason why they put on weight from their medication. I think it's just slang when people say pills can make you gain weight, same as when people say you get stretch marks from weight loss when in fact they were already there but they only appeared when you lost the weight because your skin shrunk so now you see them where it had been stretched.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 2:27 pm

Also sometimes people need to eat something every time they take their medicine or else they will get very bad diarrhea and stomach pain so thus the weight gain.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.