Page 9 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 5:47 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I lost another draft :cry: . But....
Returning to the thrown-away pubs, I have, for most of many years, had pubs, even CDs, but operated on the theory that they'd be gone eventually. I've had some in-theory permanent places that didn't work out :| .
In 2013-2015 or so, an exception to that was that I had a financial windfall and, thinking of going to elsewhere, did some " special/treat " purchases that I was going to take along to me to Washington State?? that would be the foundation/spark of my new bookshelf/collection, even if I kept them in storage fir a while. Obviously, they weren't :( . Some I lost, some I dropped upon people (including one WP-er), I might be able to get those ones back (the WP-ers' I know I could).
When I landed at the rehab I over-splurged on pubs. When I Was kicked out of the rehab, a number of the ones I brought with me were left behnd/diisposed of by me when I left that first stay at the cheap motel to come here for the multi-week stay. Then, when I left here two Fridays ago, I couldn't get even the briefest holding of them, as I said??, I threw much of them out - and a few of my clothes.
In both cases I tore/cut them up, the books and the clothes (Needed washing - One thing I did during the SA ball & chain days was wash clothes at a nearby laundromat. ), then leaving them in garbage bags in my go on - I didn't strewn them over the room. And I out them in seperate plastic bags, paper & plastic Ecologically correct me :lol:! It made what I had to carry less (though still too much :x).
Speaking of presents for people alone in hospitals, that included a gift that a nurse was nice enough to give me for my birthday, some used science fiction paperbacks (70s-80s??) of her husband's in a nice gift/shopping bag :) - I thought I'd take them with me but they were just entirely too heavy and ripped them up. t[ - If U' d left them perhaps she'dve seen them and thought that I rejected them :( . I took the bag.

Why would you destroy things rather than donate them? You ruined clothing and books? You buy cloths at Salvation Army yourself. Where do you think those cloths come from?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 9:53 pm

...Realisticically, for one, I doubt that something left behind at a hospital would be donated.
More later.

son"]

ASS-P wrote:
Returning to the thrown-away pubs, I have, for most of many years, had pubs, even CDs, but operated on the theory that they'd be gone eventually. I've had some in-theory permanent places that didn't work out :| .
In 2013-2015 or so, an exception to that was that I had a financial windfall and, thinking of going to elsewhere, did some " special/treat " purchases that I was going to take along to me to Washington State?? that would be the foundation/spark of my new bookshelf/collection, even if I kept them in storage fir a while. Obviously, they weren't :( . Some I lost, some I dropped upon people (including one WP-er), I might be able to get those ones back (the WP-ers' I know I could).
When I landed at the rehab I over-splurged on pubs. When I Was kicked out of the rehab, a number of the ones I brought with me were left behnd/diisposed of by me when I left that first stay at the cheap motel to come here for the multi-week stay. Then, when I left here two Fridays ago, I couldn't get even the briefest holding of them, as I said??, I threw much of them out - and a few of my clothes.
In both cases I tore/cut them up, the books and the clothes (Needed washing - One thing I did during the SA ball & chain days was wash clothes at a nearby laundromat. ), then leaving them in garbage bags in my go on - I didn't strewn them over the room. And I out them in seperate plastic bags, paper & plastic Ecologically correct me :lol:! It made what I had to carry less (though still too much :x).
Speaking of presents for people alone in hospitals, that included a gift that a nurse was nice enough to give me for my birthday, some used science fiction paperbacks (70s-80s??) of her husband's in a nice gift/shopping bag :) - I thought I'd take them with me but they were just entirely too heavy and ripped them up. t[ - If U' d left them perhaps she'dve seen them and thought that I rejected them :( . I took the bag.

Why would you destroy things rather than donate them? You ruined clothing and books? You buy cloths at Salvation Army yourself. Where do you think those cloths come from?[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2018, 11:32 pm

No need to explain again.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:25 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
:lol: You’re entertaining; that’s why I can’t be bothered to report your rude posts to mods. I don’t want them to ban you.

I offered, multiple times, to phone the lawyers office and see if they would mail your photos to you at my expense. You can’t really be that interested in having them.

Oi oi oi. Paranoid schizophrenic. And the mods have banned other posters because of their responses to him??? I can see how he might get on your nerves.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Why would you destroy things rather than donate them? You ruined clothing and books? You buy cloths at Salvation Army yourself. Where do you think those cloths come from?

I am hoping that no one here has ever given this guy any money or physical goods, in light of this and the fact that he gets ssdi. What does he spend it on?

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:42 pm

As far as I know, no member has been banned for that reason at any time.

I urge all members to review and reflect on the rules of this forum, as well as the general rules. The Haven is intended to be a safe place for members to give and receive support, and all members posting in it share the responsibility to maintain that ethos. OPs are also expected to conform to the same rules of respect for other members.

OPs run the risk of receiving responses that they may not like. If these are made in a spirit of good will, and don't break the rules, then they are within the rules. Personal attacks, harassment, baiting and denigration of other members (eg name calling) are not acceptable, and should be reported rather than responded to on the Haven's threads.

Members are cautioned against "diagnosing" other members with mental illness unless the OP is specifically seeking help with this. Please practice respect and civility here to the best of your ability, and help WP/The Haven remain a supportive place. I understand that some members get frustrated with others, though expressing that kind of frustration here, directed at OPs is not in the spirit of The Haven, whoever the OP happens to be.

I don't want to have to resort to issuing warnings for members who continue to disregard the guidelines, because they think that they have a right to rewrite the rules. Please stop now.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:25 pm

B19 wrote:
As far as I know, no member has been banned for that reason at any time.

Last edited by EzraS on 23 Feb 2018, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:29 pm

Thank you, I was unaware of that from another moderator. There are limits and when they are continually breached, yes, warnings can be, have been and will be issued here.

However I would much prefer members supported the overall aims of the Haven and reflected that in their posting. All of us, in the forums as a whole, will at times find ourselves strongly disagreeing with a post. In other forums, this can lead to a vigorous exchange of viewpoints, which sometimes degenerates into point scoring posting, and attacking the poster rather than the post. But the Haven is not the place for that kind of response, and this is what I am seeking to guide members to be aware of.

In all forums, it is desirable to remember to comment on the post and not the poster, but especially so here. Let's work together to keep the Haven safe as it is intended to be.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm

B19 wrote:
Thank you, I was unaware of that from another moderator. There are limits and when they are continually breached, yes, warnings can be, have been and will be issued here.

Continually breached like this?:

ASS-P wrote:
I will say that the above-tbe-49th is a pompous ass, I don't think he has anything useful to say to me :x You're useless.

ASS-P wrote:
...Alright, buttwipe.

ASS-P wrote:
Why don't you go eat s*** and die :evil: ?????

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:54 pm

There have been multiple offenders in this thread, in a variety of ways. All are regrettable, and I am hesitant to issue multiple warnings given the pile on effect we have seen occur, so have chosen instead to make some general points about the ethos members are asked to remember and respect here.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:57 pm

Breached, perhaps. But I just want it noted that I've never complained about those comments towards me nor do I take great offence to them or want ASS-P banned, even temporarily. It's just his communication style. He's abrasive and that's okay. I'd rather he be here to have some sort of connection to the outside world as well as receive the guidance of several regular posters who help keep him on a healthier path in terms of seeking treatment for his ailments and healing vs. being left to his own free will that may result in his health declining - or worse.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

B19 wrote:
There have been multiple offenders in this thread, in a variety of ways. All are regrettable, and I am hesitant to issue multiple warnings given the pile on effect we have seen occur, so have chosen instead to make some general points about the ethos members are asked to remember and respect here.

The biggest offender is ASS P himself, and i'm sure he posts this in the haven so he can get away with his BS.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

Once again, please restrict Haven posting to comment on "posts not posters". No more personal attacks will be tolerated from this point, whoever makes them, and from this point they will be dealt with via formal warnings.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:12 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
B19 wrote:

The biggest offender is ASS P himself, and i'm sure he posts this in the haven so he can get away with his BS.

You haven't been around here long enough to "get," ASS-P nor understand the value he gets out of being here & why even those he directs negativity to (me) don't want to see him gone.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
B19 wrote:

You haven't been around here long enough to "get," ASS-P nor understand the value he gets out of being here & why even those he directs negativity to (me) don't want to see him gone.

You are right, I truly don't. Mind explaining?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:40 pm

It's just nice to help people who are in rather dire straits, as ASS-P is.

He is sort of a "mainstay" here. He's been homeless for a while. He really isn't a bad guy most of the time; he has sort of a sardonic sense of humor which can be funny (yet can be irritating if one is not in the right mood).

I do wish ASS-P would sort of tone down his "rhetoric." But it is sort of funny sometimes. Sometimes, exchanges with ASS-P can be really funny. Because of his sense of humor, and because of his "outrage."

People get on him, sometimes, for similar reasons as why people get on a kid who throws tantrums in class at school (I was that kid, by the way, so I can claim to understand).

Sometimes, people genuinely care, and the use the "tough love" approach. And ASS-P answers back in a funny way sometimes. But sometimes he just goes overboard.

People keep coming back for more because they do see the genuine intelligence and sense of humor of ASS-P. They also like it (perhaps subconsciously) when he flies off the handle. It's entertainment, sometimes. And sometimes, ASS-P does mean to entertain, though sometimes he's genuinely upset.

I truly wish ASS-P can get in a sort of situation where he has an apartment with his own bathroom. It's possible, given his multiple illnesses.