How do I stop feeling like my time is ''running out'' ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2024, 12:38 pm

I seem to think that not only am I doing this thing of trying to compare myself to others my age, having kids, getting married and so on. But I seem worry that doing it 10 years from now would be ''out of the question'' or ''too late'' to do it and a lot of people seem to do it still in their 20s and 30s and I seem determined not to have any regrets but because I'm still not currently in a relationship, I can't make that decision.

I also find myself worrying about health issues which I probably will never have in the future and thinking that the chances of dying are increasing more and more and people have told me before even during a crisis such as a pandemic that I'm only in my 30s, you do a lot of walking, don't smoke, eat a balanced diet and that I'm more likely to get killed in a car crash or be run over by a car and I don't seem to worry about that.

Camorra
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Apr 2024, 1:38 pm

I believe that I can relate to what you're writing about. I too compare myself to other people, mostly of my age, but also those younger than me, and it feels like I'm so far behind everyone else. I have achieved nothing in life and I don't think I ever will. I will always be behind everyone else and that makes me feel incredibly sh***y.

I also worry about my health, even though there probably isn't any reason to do so. I worry mostly about my heart. Like everytime my pulse quickens I'm afraid that I'm about to pass out or even die.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 8:20 pm

Everyone is going to drop dead sooner or later

Everyone's time is "running out"

JamesW
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2024, 7:57 am

Life is not a competition. Never forget that.

Milestones do not tell you where you are. All they tell you is how far away the next place is.

There is a God.