It feels like are too many changes to deal with

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 11:36 am

I had a colleague from work who passed away at 50, the store had a refit, two original colleagues left to work in another store, I had two grandads pass away (one in October and another in January), the shopping centre is being refurbished and posters of some paradise looking pictures of what it will look like, my dad (62) had to go to hospital for irregular heart beat and other issues. I seem to feel as though that has kickstarted the anxiety over my own health when I'm only in my 30s and don't feel like there is anything currently wrong with me and seem to think people will say "Oh give over, your dad is nearly 30 years older than you so what have you got to worry about at your age?"

On top of all this going on, I keep having those persistent thoughts that my time is running out because my peers have kids, are getting married and feel as though people don't find me attractive anymore than in my 20s because I'm over 30 and that to be attracted to someone younger than me makes me in the eyes of those people "too old" or a "creep".