having a hard time accomplishing anything

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2024, 7:57 pm

sister asked me to pull weeds. been procrastinating.

lazy

executive processing dysfunction

apathetic

exhausted all the time

old

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 12:25 pm

You are 40. You are not old. You can do it.

I lost everything I had at age 50. I was able to pick myself and rebuild my life, in no small part because I didn't think I was too old to give up. I could have thrown in the towel and limped through life -- I didn't catch a real break until I was 53 -- but I did not.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 12:42 pm

rse92 wrote:
You are 40. You are not old. You can do it.

I lost everything I had at age 50. I was able to pick myself and rebuild my life, in no small part because I didn't think I was too old to give up. I could have thrown in the towel and limped through life -- I didn't catch a real break until I was 53 -- but I did not.

Yep, but one of the weird thing about being in one's 40s these days is that you're both kind of old and kind of young at the same time, it's kind of weird.

I personally say, that at that age, if it's something you don't want to do, then there had better be something in it, either money or a sense of goodwill. Because life is short and at that age you don't know how many more good decades you'll get.

Blueberry_Muffin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2024, 7:28 pm

Same. I am always depressed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 8:31 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
sister asked me to pull weeds. been procrastinating. lazy executive processing dysfunction apathetic exhausted all the time old

IMHO picking weeds is about as much fun as parsing fly poop from pepper. i'd rather do just about anything other than squatting in a garden in the heat amidst nasty buzzing insects, pulling weeds that more often than not won't come out clean by the roots but instead rupture, futility. it is exhausting work.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 8:41 pm

Check your testo levels , and find some good supplements to use regularily , Just incase you had not considered these options . Plus , I think bipeds, get slower on hot humid days ,incase your dealing with that aswell .
Thoughts of Energy sent Your Way Shortfatbaldman ... :cyclopsani:

where ever you go ,there you are