I don't want to go to work anymore

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JaneBuss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2016, 7:57 pm

1. Washington State can't take your guns away from you for taking meds for depression or anxiety. Only if you've been convicted of a crime. Given that upwards of 10 percent of adults are on meds for a psychiatric condition, the police certainly have better things to do than take guns away from those law-abiding citizens.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Washington

2. Get a new doctor. Please, please, please tell the new doctor about your anxiety and depression. Help exists and you don't have to be miserable.

3. Suck it up and say hi to coworkers, even the ones that dont respond, as required by your employer. It takes less energy/time to do it than to bemoan the unfairness of having to do so.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Apr 2016, 8:09 pm

I really don't believe they'd take your guns away unless they thought you were a danger to yourself or others, just taking medication I think would further the thought that yourself under control. Now, I wouldn't just take any drug but there are a few that help and don't have awful side effects. I take Wellbutrin and Klonopin, it helps me to focus and have the energy to get out of bed in the morning and the klonopin takes the edge of the physical feelings of anxiety, the side effects have been mostly negligible. I've lost a lot of weight because of wellbutrin but it doesn't bother me, I like that I lost the weight and feel I look better now but that's all from how it has effected my appetite over the last 9 or 8 months or so.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:10 pm

JaneBuss wrote:
1. Washington State can't take your guns away from you for taking meds for depression or anxiety. Only if you've been convicted of a crime. Given that upwards of 10 percent of adults are on meds for a psychiatric condition, the police certainly have better things to do than take guns away from those law-abiding citizens.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Washington

2. Get a new doctor. Please, please, please tell the new doctor about your anxiety and depression. Help exists and you don't have to be miserable.

3. Suck it up and say hi to coworkers, even the ones that dont respond, as required by your employer. It takes less energy/time to do it than to bemoan the unfairness of having to do so.

I'm in Oregon. Federal law doesn't allow depressed people to own guns. Because lots of depressed people kill themselves with guns. Same reason vets with pstd get their guns taken away. If a doctor even thinks your depressed theyll suppose to report you to police.

It makes me feel like crap though and ruins my whole day from the start.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I really don't believe they'd take your guns away unless they thought you were a danger to yourself or others, just taking medication I think would further the thought that yourself under control. Now, I wouldn't just take any drug but there are a few that help and don't have awful side effects. I take Wellbutrin and Klonopin, it helps me to focus and have the energy to get out of bed in the morning and the klonopin takes the edge of the physical feelings of anxiety, the side effects have been mostly negligible. I've lost a lot of weight because of wellbutrin but it doesn't bother me, I like that I lost the weight and feel I look better now but that's all from how it has effected my appetite over the last 9 or 8 months or so.

Government insurance would decide what drugs I take and i dont know if I could afford the cost now that because Obama care they don't cover it all and they take half my money from work. I make far far far less now then if I didn't work. Honesty not sure why I keep working . Before I was like socializing and getting out but as they don't like me o don't get anything now.

If you refuse to have a tub installed in you they can take you guns. It's quite common connection that depressed people are suicicial. Ie a harm to themselves or others.

JaneBuss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2016, 8:17 pm

Oregon's gun laws require that you've been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital or the Dept Human Services to take away your guns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oregon

Meds for depression or anxiety will not result in the confiscation of your weapons.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Apr 2016, 8:19 pm

Don't tell them you have any guns and I don't think depression automatically means gun confiscation at all. Millions and millions of people take medications, they can't take your guns without due process. I don't know the laws in Oregon but here in Arizona you don't have to have license or register your gun, if you pass the NICBC I think you're in the clear after a 24 hour wait period.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:22 pm

Maybe not yet but the A-Hole in the White House is trying to make it that way by saying that anyone who is mentally ill shouldn't be able to get a gun.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:23 pm

They don't have the TIME AND RESOURCES to take away your guns, anyway.

Jane is right---you'd have to do something drastic that would cause you to be involuntarily admitted to a mental hospital.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:35 pm

JaneBuss wrote:
Oregon's gun laws require that you've been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital or the Dept Human Services to take away your guns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oregon

Meds for depression or anxiety will not result in the confiscation of your weapons.

No they passed new laws last year about making it so anyone could. And doctors or medical people are federally mandated to report anyone who may be a threats to the self or others.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Jane is right---you'd have to do something drastic that would cause you to be involuntarily admitted to a mental hospital.

9 people in California have taken thousands and thousands of people's guns away every year. No they won't do a big hit ever gun owners at once. But they can get 10-50 people a day 365 days a year. All it takes is driving there, asking to be let in and then taking the guns. Or they can swat you wither their us military policed gear. They pretty much use swat for everything now a days.

Just because the liberal news doesn't report on something doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just means they don't care and it doesn't fit their agenda. They confiscated guns in Newyork, New Jersey and Connecticut too.

Slow and steady wins the race.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

You think your King isn't doing something with the gun laws and mentally ill persons?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/o ... ess-217340

Make sure you read that last sentence of the article.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Don't tell them you have any guns and I don't think depression automatically means gun confiscation at all. Millions and millions of people take medications, they can't take your guns without due process. I don't know the laws in Oregon but here in Arizona you don't have to have license or register your gun, if you pass the NICBC I think you're in the clear after a 24 hour wait period.

Due process lol. They threw that out years ago. Now it's prover your innocent. At least my stats has a system for proving your innocent and getting guns back maybe after they take them away for medical reasons without due process. Not all states have this and it's an expensive proccess and I can't afford a lawyer.

Most people who take depression meds never owned guns. 2/3 of the nation is non gun owners.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:49 pm

Excuse my ignorance but why are guns so important? Are they expensive so then being taken away costs alot?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but why are guns so important? Are they expensive so then being taken away costs alot?

Well I could die without them. Human life is priceless it cant be replaced.

Also yes my glock cost $600 ar cost $1000. The prices are only going up to. Glock use to cost $300 then $400 etc. I wont ever be able to afford them again. Some of my guns are historical and not even made anymore.

Then ther s the whole having my rights removed and being a sub class citizen. Losing freedom and such.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:13 pm

sly279 wrote:
I can't stand being around women who think their better then me.

Maybe they just don't like you.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm

I actually bought mine when I moved out on my own for home safety, but I also like to shoot. I don't believe the government should have the right to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. Once they do that, then they have full control over the people.

Darn, I flunked.