Page 13 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
He’s not that stupid. I doubt it that he asked the lawyer for money.

Goldfish doesn’t want to take your freedom away from you.

He posted that he emailed asking the lawyer for money but omitted the part where the lawyer may have funds belonging to ASS-P that are supposed to be forwarded to him.

Considering that's the case, it's rather unprofessional of the lawyer not to respond in a timely manner and let ASS-P know the status & availability of those funds. Chances are the lawyer doesn't know ASS-P is in dire straights and in desperate need of that money for shelter.

Agreed. I have no idea why ASS-P thinks I want to do anything to harm him. My posts are consistently encouraging him to make the healthiest decisions he can for his own good.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 8:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
He’s not that stupid. I doubt it that he asked the lawyer for money. And the lawyer would be stupid if he made that sort of interpretation.

Goldfish doesn’t want to take your freedom away from you, ASS-P. Even if he wanted to, it would be impossible to do, without committing a crime. If he said something like that, he was speaking symbolically.

All the same, I think when someone in a Haven thread they started tells you point blank to leave, it's time to go.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 9:41 am

@ASS-P - Remember, all you need to have to get a free smart phone from Safelink is an EBT card.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:43 pm

...That's an " Obamaphone "?
If you mean a " food stamps " card, I don't have one (Once did in SF, lost. I paid me a teeny amount, IIRC.) ~ My experience is California, yours in Washington??????????? ~ And, more than once, recently in San Francisco, attempts by me to get a O-P turned from street booths offering them turned into them telling that, even though I had a reg'lar state ID, I did not have some sort of medical ID or another that was also nessecary, so they withdre.w their offer

uote="redrobin62"]@ASS-P - Remember, all you need to have to get a free smart phone from Safelink is an EBT card.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 4:07 pm

Yeah. I've seen the street booth in Seattle that used to offer the Obamaphones. It was located right outside of the DSHS office on 2nd Ave in Belltown. All they required was your DSHS ID number. I got my Obamaphone from the internet via Safelink and just my DSHS case number.

Are you planning to apply for food stamps in Santa Cruz? Are you eligible?

http://www.santacruzhumanservices.org/

If you do you'll get a case number. That should be enough for a free Safelink smart phone.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enroll ... index.html

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 4:39 pm

...BTW, I am going to make the jump to another " Further Adventures Of Me " line elsewhere ~ since this one has degenerated into arguments about enema cures for AS!
And it wasn't even me who came up with that :mrgreen: ...........

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:50 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...BTW, I am going to make the jump to another " Further Adventures Of Me " line elsewhere ~ since this one has degenerated into arguments about enema cures for AS!
And it wasn't even me who came up with that :mrgreen: ...........

One thing Mr P. Had a visit with my eye doctor today to get a new pair of glasses made and asked him about floating spots that I can sometimes see as if they are inside my eyes. I believe you have also posted on these. He says they are called floaters and are common as the eye ages. Part of the jelly like interior of the eye turns to liquid, and the result is a small, visible (to you), floating blob of liquid inside the eye. They are not usually of medical concern, and not the result of diabetic damage to the eye. They are also usually more visible to you when you are in front of a white computer screen (I'm seeing them as I type this).

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 5:27 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
He’s not that stupid. I doubt it that he asked the lawyer for money. And the lawyer would be stupid if he made that sort of interpretation.

Goldfish doesn’t want to take your freedom away from you, ASS-P. Even if he wanted to, it would be impossible to do, without committing a crime. If he said something like that, he was speaking symbolically.

All the same, I think when someone in a Haven thread they started tells you point blank to leave, it's time to go.

He can stick his cure straight up his ass. We need to take a lesson from deaf people and deaf culture. Being deaf is only a disability in a world where 99% of the people can hear. Otherwise, deaf people love their deaf culture and don't need or want a "cure" for their inability to hear. He says its just "socially inappropriate behavior?" OK so Einstein, Darwin, and Newton (yes, all probable Aspies) contributed nothing to society but socially inappropriate behavior. Right.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 10:32 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

He can stick his cure straight up his ass. We need to take a lesson from deaf people and deaf culture. Being deaf is only a disability in a world where 99% of the people can hear. Otherwise, deaf people love their deaf culture and don't need or want a "cure" for their inability to hear. He says its just "socially inappropriate behavior?" OK so Einstein, Darwin, and Newton (yes, all probable Aspies) contributed nothing to society but socially inappropriate behavior. Right.

My best friend since high school is deaf. So is his wife. I’m Godfather to their children. They both wear the most advanced best hearing aids available and attended a special preschool to learn to speak/read lips. Their families raised each of them to be verbal vs sign language only so that they wouldn’t be isolated in the deaf community. All of their efforts have paid off very well in their lives. They’re married with two kids and own their home. She took a college program for veterinary assistant but is a stay at home mom with future small business plans she may act on. He studied computer science/programming and has been a civilian programmer for federal law enforcement for a decade. He also started a small business in his passion interest: custom tuning VW diesels via software modifications. He’s built that part time side business from his laptop into one where he owns the building & has about a dozen full time employees (computer and electronic engineers mostly) and more than 50 dealers selling his software for modified cars’ ECU computers around the world.

He’d have never achieved any of this if he isolated himself in the deaf community instead of wearing hearing aids and making an extraordinary effort. He might not have done it if he wasn’t friends with me, either. I would sometimes interpret for him during classes & during college I proofread and edited his marketing homework. When we were graduating high school together he was VERY worried that he might end up sweeping floors for a living or stocking grocery store shelves at night, some “deaf,” job. I told him that was BS and he could do whatever the f**k he wanted - and I would affirm this often, because he didn’t talk with very many people ever so I was one of few voices he ever heard. I knew that if I put positive thoughts in his head there wouldn’t be any negative ones because there wasn’t anyone else he was going to talk to who might tell him he couldn’t do something, and so, like the deaf frog in the deaf frog parable, he just went ahead and did things - and I am SO proud of, and happy for, him. 8)
You can see what he does from his website http://www.malonetuning.com

We both choose treatment for what hinders us because it enables us to achieve so much more of our potential while living happier, healthier, wealthier lives. I’m sure he would agree with me on that statement.

I doubt that 99% of the ASD and deaf communities are anti-treatment.. especially since I see a whole lot of people on these forums taking meds, doing counselling etc, learning/improving & a whole lot of deaf people wearing hearing aids and speaking with the rest of us. But I will agree that my friend and I are within the 1% of each community in terms of our willingness to do anything within our power to influence positive change on our symptoms and our lives.

I’ve never said Einstein and whoever else only contributed socially inappropriate behaviour. But I know 100% that for myself if I didn’t treat myself in the ways that I do I wouldn’t be making the contributions I am to the world nor the ones I’ve yet to do. So, for me, my choice is treatment because I have work to do. If finances allow, I’m returning to Univerity full time as early as September this year to study biochemistry & medicine. You can do whatever you want; I’m not stopping you.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 9:28 am

RainbowUnion wrote:
We need to take a lesson from deaf people and deaf culture. Being deaf is only a disability in a world where 99% of the people can hear. Otherwise, deaf people love their deaf culture and don't need or want a "cure" for their inability to hear. He says its just "socially inappropriate behavior?" OK so Einstein, Darwin, and Newton (yes, all probable Aspies) contributed nothing to society but socially inappropriate behavior. Right.

Some deaf people consider cocular implants a threat to their way of life. Others consider them a godsend.

For myself Ive always been a part of the autism culture so to speak having always been in school for autistics. And I'd very much like to be rid of my autism. It's not just a social awkwardness thing for me. It renders me extremely withdrawn and nonverbal even among other autistics, causes me severe sensory distress and also causes me to have to be looked after like a little kid. To me it's as much an inconvenience and disability as my developmental coordination disorder.