Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

03 Mar 2012, 6:46 am

hey y'all <3

hope your all ok

im not :(

ive had anorexia/bulimia for 6 years and dispite bieng in recovery for about a year i still have bad days.

Bad days are made wrose by so called "friends" making horrible comments and calling me names like "Fat f**k" "miss piggy" and "fat tits" (i have 36 ff boobs ,hate them). just cos iv gained weight from taking my anti deprssents I do so much for people and all i get back is s**t.

Eating disorders are no joke,ive lost sevral friends to anorexia and am in the process of losing another whos straved herself to 77 lbs,i was that way myself a few years ago and people still think its ok to make comments like that!

Ive spent most of this morning making myself sick, dont want to stop till ive got every last crumb out of my fat worthless body :(

want mum want dad want adam cant cope with this :((((

FAT b***h

questor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 7:19 am

You have to stop attacking yourself when you feel bad. It won't help, and will hurt. People who say bad things to you are bad people. Bad people have a way of eventually bringing bad things down onto their own heads, so in essence they eventually punish themselves.

As, for handling your own low feelings, you need to tell your doc you are feeling really low right now. Maybe he/she can adjust any meds you are on. But there are things you can do to help yourself. You need to do stuff to distract yourself and keep occupied.

- Listen to and/or play music, it can boost your mood.
- Moderate exercise, the endorphins will help boost your mood.
- Take courses, either in person or online. Some online courses are free.
- Take up a hobby
- Read funny stuff, it can boost your mood.
- Volunteer with a charity. There are plenty of people out there who are worse off than you, why not help them?
- Watch funny TV shows or DVDs
- Surf the I-net
- Get some sleep. You are probably overtired, so more rest will boost your mood.

There are always going to be some nasty people out there, but not everybody is that way, and you can't control what others say. Instead of throwing a pity party, wallowing in your misery, and attacking yourself, go and do at least 3 things on the above list!

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

03 Mar 2012, 8:00 am

thank you xxx

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 9:28 am

That's terrible, real friends shouldn't make you feel uncomfortable or use your insecurities against you to get an advantage over you. They really don't sound supportive in your time of need and they probably aren't worth associating with as they don't respect you.

Chooty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

'Fat worthless body'

I assume the body functions, so how is it worthless? Your body has to have worth, mainly judged by how it can do and how it helps you live. The more robust the body the more it's worth I'd say.

Never understood this obsession with being skinny, I understand the compulsive self-controll side of it (thus it being the same as cutting or smt), but not the normative side. Where did this even come from, gay fashipn designers? There is nothing less sexy than a dangerously underweight woman. I like woman because they feel soft :oops:

I applaud the big boobs btw :wink:

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

I know that eating disorders don't have anything to do with appearance but I have to agree that being scrawny as a woman is highly overrated. Our worth is not tied to our appearance you are worth far more than the as*holes around you apparently realize. Please stop talking to them. They don't deserve your attention in my opinion.

And for the record, people that live in my area (Western US) routinely pay thousands of dollars to get big boobs! :D

Peter_L
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2012, 3:05 pm

If you'd like my 2 pence, then I would say that I don't find thin as a stick women attractive. I don't know about many other men, but when I see women wearing skin tight clothing that shows their ribs visibly when they move then it actually puts me off them completely. I have also known somebody in that state who insisted that she was fat and persisted in a long term attempt to try and develop an ekoskeleton from her ribcage. She simply wouldn't hear the possibility that she wasn't actually fat despite being at the point where she couldn't have been far from death from starvation.

If your that thin and people are telling you that you are fat, ignore them. If your "friends" are attacking your self confidence like that, then sorry; they are not friends. They are the enemy to your health and emotional well being.

You can and will do lasting damage to your health by starving yourself. On that note, how much do you actually weigh?

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 3:19 pm

I will jump in here and say I understand. I have relapsed into anorexia. I am currently a bmi of 20 and want to get to 18.5 bmi. To do this i must lose another 20 pounds.

So I'm never in a rush

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

Peter_L wrote:
I don't know about many other men, but when I see women wearing skin tight clothing that shows their ribs visibly when they move then it actually puts me off them completely.

Agreed. Men like to have something to cuddle. I bet you're absolutely gorgeous but, like many people with your condition, you just can't see it.

Quote:
If your that thin and people are telling you that you are fat, ignore them. If your "friends" are attacking your self confidence like that, then sorry; they are not friends. They are the enemy to your health and emotional well being.

Indeed. These people are your enemy if they treat you like this whilst knowing you have problems. They are scum; de-friend them.

Quote:
You can and will do lasting damage to your health by starving yourself. On that note, how much do you actually weigh?

I'd be interested in this.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

Make new friends if possible or just drop the "friends". Unless they are joking with you and it isn't intended to be malicious, douche bags like that aren't needed.

"Fat f**k" and "miss piggy" along with fattie, etc... are standard insults used against fat people. "Fat tits" sounds more like a jealousy issue. On this issue you could always use a comeback such as "I can't help that I'm not flat" or "sorry flatty" and see where that leads.

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2012, 8:21 pm

I actually really like "sorry flatty." 8)

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

Have you looked in HAES? (Health At Every Size)

They run support groups focused on their philosophy and much of it is very helpful, and it would certainly be a very big change from your friends right now. I think you might want to look into it.

Most of the things they teach are about acceptance and learning to be at peace with your body.

This lady has many great articles on the subject: http://www.fatnutritionist.com/index.php/feeling-fat/

The index of all her articles are here: http://www.fatnutritionist.com/index.php/

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

Tequila wrote:
Peter_L wrote:
I don't know about many other men, but when I see women wearing skin tight clothing that shows their ribs visibly when they move then it actually puts me off them completely.

Agreed. Men like to have something to cuddle. I bet you're absolutely gorgeous but, like many people with your condition, you just can't see it.

Any decent men would be concerned about their girl being anorexic because of how it negatively affects her health. My 1st girlfriend was slightly anorexic & encouraged her to eat more & I often reassured her that I wanted her healthy & I really did not think she was fat. You are a hell of a lot better off without guys & so-called "friends" who put you down like that instead of trying to help you. I would suggest joining an anorexia or other type of support group; even one online might could be a help

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

I struggle with body image. Although I've never had an eating disorder, I've done so many diets and even though I've lost 50 pounds, I still don't love my body and I feel like I won't until I lose another 50 pounds. Most of my weight is in the middle though, not the breasts so that's where we may differ a bit. I agree that your friends sound jealous of your chest. I would talk to them seriously about it and if they don't change, drop em like a rock. I ditched the friends that made me feel bad about my body (although my mom still attacks it occasionally, so you can't win them all) so now all I have to do is learn to love myself where I am now, same goes for you. Feel better soon sweetie and it does get better! :)

P.S. Who's Adam? An admirer perhaps? :wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

nick007 wrote:
I would suggest joining an anorexia or other type of support group; even one online might could be a help

Be very careful which one you join, though - there are pro-anorexia "support groups" out there too and the OP needs to avoid these at all costs as they will do her harm.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Mar 2012, 7:19 pm

Tequila wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I would suggest joining an anorexia or other type of support group; even one online might could be a help

Be very careful which one you join, though - there are pro-anorexia "support groups" out there too and the OP needs to avoid these at all costs as they will do her harm.

That's awful. Why the hell would people need support to be anorexic with all the pressure the media & lots of people put on others

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition