scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 2032 of 2212 [ 35384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035 ... 2212  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 3:10 pm

+1

nice day outside...

it is not funny that my generation was so close to ending cigarette addiction, and within a year, every other high schooler had a nicotine addiction because of juuls. thanks boomers.

we are now at the point where instead of manipulating our environment to benefit the population we should be controlling the population to benefit our environment.

the population of egypt just passed 100 million people. that is twice the population of england (already a cramped country IMO) in an area HALF THE SIZE OF IRELAND - nobody lives in the desert, nobody can. you are out of your mind if you don't see a problem there.

egyptians, your future hangs in the balance....

Callisthenes wrote:
You did not choose this, none of us did, no one would... None of this is your fault. We are victims of fate... We can still try to do our best. Think about things that are realistically within your power and go for it. Think about how you could do things better. Try your best, the rest does not matter.

thank you. i am trying my best, i just don't know what is in my power and what isn't, where i can improve, etc

it's frustrating.

and i still need a job.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 5:09 pm

The Boomers are not to blame for Juul. Teenagers have always thought that smoking is cool.....multi-generationally..

Nice day today. I’m about a 4.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 5:17 pm

Lost my job two months ago, bills are mounting and my unemployment benefits (which don't pay nearly enough) are about to expire, no one is hiring me, just had an accident in my truck and my car is up for repossession. I think I might step out in front of a bus or an 18 wheeler soon, I haven't decided yet.

Callisthenes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2020, 8:09 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:

Lost my job two months ago, bills are mounting and my unemployment benefits (which don't pay nearly enough) are about to expire, no one is hiring me, just had an accident in my truck and my car is up for repossession. I think I might step out in front of a bus or an 18 wheeler soon, I haven't decided yet.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope things get better. Keep trying. Is it possible to move in with family during this period?

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 9:37 pm

Callisthenes wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

I am sorry to hear that. I hope things get better. Keep trying. Is it possible to move in with family during this period?

I still live with my mother and stepfather, never could afford to move out. They get disability benefits but they aren’t able to pay all of their bills and the taxes on the house without my help. We are behind on the taxes and could very well lose the house. The only thing stopping me from taking my own life at this point is the fact that they can’t afford a funeral for me.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 10:09 pm

-8. Still feeling like I want to just go to sleep and not wake up, or at least get a terminal illness so I'd die soon but wouldn't have to do the deed myself. Not sure if I'd actually kill myself, I'd at least think long and hard about it. The more I think about it, the more I think I would. But I felt okay enough (still a bit dizzy and weak-legged, but not horrendously so) that I could go out for dinner tonight, so there's that, at least.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Callisthenes

16 Feb 2020, 10:38 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
Callisthenes wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

I still live with my mother and stepfather, never could afford to move out. They get disability benefits but they aren’t able to pay all of their bills and the taxes on the house without my help. We are behind on the taxes and could very well lose the house. The only thing stopping me from taking my own life at this point is the fact that they can’t afford a funeral for me.

Hope you feel better. Is it possible to live more frugally, perhaps on a smaller apartment? There may be many options not yet explored. I understand how hard it is to give up material goods, the thought of it can break me. But through most of history people lived in far worse conditions than we do and they thought of it as normal and were no less happy. We are talking on the internet with people all over the world. While that is awesome, people were just as happy without it if not more. the same is true for many of the amenities we enjoy.

Here is one person I like thinking about when I fear losing my material goods:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes

Last edited by Callisthenes on 16 Feb 2020, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 10:47 pm

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 11:19 pm

-9.5 Don't know why my mood's decreasing, but it is. I'd be thinking about going back to the hospital, but I doubt it would do any good. I guess this means we can add Prozac to the ever-growing list of medications that don't help me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 11:24 pm

I've had a migraine for 24 hours because of the scent of roses.
I'd kill for a massage or an appointment with my osteo.
I don't like 17 February.
I'm worried about dragonsanddemons.
It's going to be a stressful week.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 9:35 am

^ Hugs.

I'm feeling maybe 3

I'm fired from my job but i was kind of expecting it. Besides i learned a lot there and i tried my best. My employer is a nice person too, i am sure it was just because of economical problems.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 9:00 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
-9.5 Don't know why my mood's decreasing, but it is. I'd be thinking about going back to the hospital, but I doubt it would do any good. I guess this means we can add Prozac to the ever-growing list of medications that don't help me.

Hi! I’ve been taking antidepressants for about forty years 8O and have changed types many times. For about a year now I’ve been taking Viibryd (in Canada). It’s working better than any other that I can remember. It’s good for major depression and anxiety. Maybe it could help you. Not been in the depths of despair too often now.

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 4:29 am

5, I've changed something about myself.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 4:42 am

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 4:45 am

why do so many people get to be happy but never me

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 4:53 am

abe lincoln was a notably melancholy man, but he also thought "a man's about as happy as he makes up his mind to be." what a complex man to have both things going on in his brain at once. i strive to be like him at least in that respect. some days are stones but some days are cubic zirconia and are a bit prettier at least. :nerdy: